PDA

View Full Version : Edits no longer shown at bottom of post

digger760
20-01-2005, 16:14
I noticed that if i edit a post..there is no time and data of edit shown at the bottom of posts anymore. Was this intentional?

I think they would be better of there, as otherwise it makes it harder to makes sense of threads when its now obvious that people edited something they said and somebody else has already made comment on an unedited post.

Banzai
20-01-2005, 17:04
I think it will not be shown if nobody has read your post yet.
I also think it will not be shown if an administrator edits his post.

But... I just edited this post after I noticed that the read counter was increased.
So it is possible you are right :)

Or maybe I was just too fast with editing..[hmm]

digger760
20-01-2005, 17:15
that could be true..i only noticed a couple of times after edited posts within a minute of posting them

anarres
20-01-2005, 17:32
A while ago we introduced a 5 minute editing time, so you can go re-edit your post within 5 mins and it won't show as edited. This change was made at the same time we fixed the "mail-bomb" problem of multiple email notifications for threads.

Matrix
20-01-2005, 18:04
quote:Originally posted by anarres

A while ago we introduced a 5 minute editing time, so you can go re-edit your post within 5 mins and it won't show as edited. This change was made at the same time we fixed the "mail-bomb" problem of multiple email notifications for threads.
Now you only get them once every 5 minutes? [mischief]

Pastorius
20-01-2005, 18:36
[lol]

Socrates
20-01-2005, 19:12
OK, I'm starting my wish-list for CDZ... I'd like the edited admin posts to be shown as edited, please. There is no reason they aren't displayed properly. This would help me having a better look at the Swimming Pool roster topic, for a start. :) anarres, any explanation ?

DrAlimentado
20-01-2005, 21:04
the explanation is that the no#1 admin account is invisible and inviolate (no-one sees his edits and no-one can edit his posts.) anarres could always create a normal admin account and use that then he would appear as pp does... but i think he is emotionally attached to 'anarres' now.

I reckon in theory one could create a new admin account and transfer the userdata from no#1 admin to the new account, name/history and all... its just data after all.

anarres
20-01-2005, 23:49
Well, I could play with the DB a little and change it perhaps. It would involve studying the schema again to check I get everything with the move.

Don't expect miracles too soon, the list is long... :)