PDA

View Full Version : the 2 new training types

Kingreno
19-01-2005, 13:29
What do you guys think of the new trainingtypes?

There is "Defensive Positions" which trains defending to all defenders and Midfielders, at half the rate of normal defendertraining (which only affects defenders).
I can only see people training this on special occasions, where the best players for the midfield are also your defender trainees? hard to see this one becomming usefull.

Then there is "through Passes" which gives passing training to defenders and midfielders at roughly 85-90% of the speed of "short passes". Not bad I think! It is an ideal training for interseason, I switched to it immediately! You can even play 5-5-0 formation and train 10 people (or 20 in a regular week!). This can come in very handy for Scoringtrainers as in the Off season they can field their midfield, their regular scorers and their trainees in 5-5-0 line up and train 10 players in passing!
The effects will probably be that more players will use a special skill in their matches (AIM/AOW/CA) since we will see more passing with players in the future. I do not know if this is good or bad. For myself, I expect to play at least half my league matches 5-3-2 Counter Attack next season and then the passing really helps!

Shabbaman
19-01-2005, 14:15
You could go with normal passing as well, and train your forwards at 100% efficiency. My defenders and midfielders are pretty old compared to my forwards, so there's little use in training them in passing. If I need a player with better passing, it's cheaper to buy him.
And passing takes more than the two weeks available, so it could be wasted anyway. I train shooting in the interseason, which increases scoring with 50% efficiency, and set pieces as well for all players. Set pieces is good for distance shots (together with scoring). With shooting training, I could let my trainees play (as defenders probably) as well.

EDIT: they've increased shooting efficiency with 25% as well.

English_brit
19-01-2005, 17:29
Not sure I'll end up using either, although the through passes is more tempting for CA teams I'd imagine.

yndy
20-01-2005, 04:44
I see these as training programs for top level teams working on secondaries. I don't see myself using either but will take them into consideration when I switch training.