PDA

View Full Version : Series next season

Bootstoots
17-01-2005, 14:30
According to the Cup Rank site (http://www.rembrandt.net/hattrick/), I will end up in series V.1, which sometimes ranks first among division V series in the USA. Some luck I have...

What about everybody else who is promoting this season?

Dell19
17-01-2005, 14:41
I get a decent V side demoting to my division so I won't be promoting this season.

I play a similar team to the V side that may promote from another VI league in the cup and I will almost certainly lose that game as well.

So basically next season doesn't look good for either of us.

Kemal
17-01-2005, 14:49
Hmm, if I understand the tool correctly, I'm promoting to VIII.521, and if that is indeed correct, I'm a happy man so far, as the teams that weren't promoted or relegated in that series all score horribly in ratings, even worse than some of the teams left in my current 9th division, while the two teams demoted to this league were bot-teams. But plenty of time for that to change still of course.

Only the other IX-team promoting to this league looks dangerous, with about the same midfield as me, but with less defensive quality though, and apparently quite a huge debt to pay, and already improving its team at this very moment by buying new players.

Melifluous
17-01-2005, 16:41
And if I read the site right (you swap places with the demoted team dont you?) I am going to be in V.9 next year.

Some good teams. Current winner of this league will have to play a playoff for promotion. He dropped from IV last year, from 5th place!

Overall the league doesn't look too bad, other teams include 4 that have always been in this division and 2 teams that promoted from VI last season.

Should be fun.

Melifluous

Melifluous
17-01-2005, 16:45
LOL, just noticed that one of the promoters last season is a bot!

Apparently he promoted from an entirely bot driven division.

:D

Can I beat the bot?

Melifluous

Bootstoots
17-01-2005, 17:24
I've got a bot (actually a defunct human team) promoting up to V.1 with me as well. At least I'll be guaranteed seventh. ;)

Kemal
23-01-2005, 22:14
???? I've promoted to an entirely different league than the tool said I would go to! [confused]

Though I checked again and the tool still says viii.521, I'm now actually in the viii.834, or at least that is what has just popped up after the qualifiers have been completed, on my Snaken overview.

That said, this league looks doable as well. but perhaps you guys might want to double check as well. Also, that would mean I'll probably get another cup-tie as well.

Melifluous
23-01-2005, 22:27
I am definately in V.9 I'm impressed.

Woot.

Nobody in my old league had supporter, and I was the only team to be making announcements. Looking forward to the new league, lots more interaction there.

Melifluous

Dell19
23-01-2005, 22:58
I've got the predicted team demoting to my division.

Kingreno
24-01-2005, 09:13
The guys going up to my league were the ones predicted but the one comming down is different, and that is very very good as the original one had almost double my stars.[crazyeye]

Swingue
24-01-2005, 10:11
I just looked at my league, seems I'll be fighting to stay in this year.
Did go up to 952 supporters so finally I can do some good in Meli's poll

Melifluous
24-01-2005, 11:30
My supporters went up to 1423, when I was considering trying to through my qualifications match I didnt realise the supporter increase!

Does anyone know if it drops by a similar amount if I get relegated immediately?

That is a real possibility btw, some very good teams in my new league. A few have been there for over 3 seasons!

Melifluous

Dell19
24-01-2005, 12:15
Its not entirely certain. I know a team that went up and lost all but their last game and lost about 200 supporters over the season but that was before they changed the rules. Even if you are losing in V you may now still gain fans. I don't believe there is a 10% deduction to match the increase on relegation.

Melifluous
24-01-2005, 12:37
OK Thanks for that Dell [coool]

Melifluous

Schip
24-01-2005, 17:15
uhm, there IS a 10% reduction. Or at least there was, and I didn't read anything about a change in that area. They did change the effect of a lost game on supporters mood, so you should loose less sups during the season.

Kemal
24-01-2005, 17:23
The 10% loss, as Schip says, is definitely there, or at least last season (speaking out of experience here.. :(), but it is not linked with the 10% bonus of promotion, which might be what Dell was referring at. You lose 10% of your current (i.e. end of season) fanbase when relegated, so if you already have lost lots of fans in that season, the 10% decrease will of course be smaller than the increase you had when you promoted. :)

Melifluous
24-01-2005, 17:33
Thought I'd just add this here for all you English players

quote:2005-01-23 Sunday
* Qualification matches
* Prize money for league position
* Bonus money for promotion
* Membership fees from the supporters
* 10% increase of supporters for teams that are promoted
* 10% decrease of supporters for teams that are relegated
* Medals are distributed
* The league you will play in next season becomes official

2005-01-25 Tuesday
* Friendlies
* Cupdraw for season 24

2005-01-30 Sunday
* Team spirit, team self confidence, supporters and sponsors are reset to normal value
* No matches at all
* Latest this day, the matches are "drawn" for the new leagues
* This is the Sunday when the "first" youths can be pulled. These youths will not age until next season switch (in 16 weeks)

2005-01-31 Monday
* Players grow older, gets a new wage and yellow/red cards are reset
* U20 Elections Start (oh joy! )

2005-02-01 Tuesday
* First cup round
* Friendlies

2005-02-06 Sunday
* First league game for season

I'm assuming that everybody else is the same, except for the friendly/cup days, which most normal countries seem to have on Wednesdays [:p]

Melifluous

Dell19
24-01-2005, 23:54
I think the dates vary slightly for each league. The only odd thing that I've read is that youth pulls cannot be made on friday night which is how it usually is and instead it happens on sunday like your post kind of says but its not immediately apparent.

Sorry about the 10% reduction thing, I wasn't sure about that and was mainly posting the first bit about how fan size may actually grow over the season when losing.

Schip
25-01-2005, 00:01
they restricted youth pulling because they want to minimize server loads. The last weekend is used for maintenance, upgrades and heavy reprogramming. Also, the servers will be busy calculating the new season. I guess shutting down virtually all site functions will discourage most users to visit :)