PDA

View Full Version : Interseason transfers

Kingreno
17-01-2005, 11:07
As many players will add capacity to their stadium, prices on the trasfermarket seem to fluctuate a lot. Aristocats train defending and I will keep all trainees in my squad for some time to come. The rest of the field required some new blood though as my guys are getting old. I bought:

quote:
Miklós Latinovics (50555557)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A nasty fellow who is fiery and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Technical

Nationality: Magyarország
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 920
Wage: 981 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Champagner Club
Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: weak
Winger: passable Defending: poor
Scoring: excellent Set Pieces: weak

I paid 300k Euro's for him. After bidding on perhaps a dozen more like him in the previous days I think it is an ok price no?

Dell19
17-01-2005, 13:18
Seems like a very good deal. I guess he doesn't have great passing but I would still have expected bidding to go slightly higher usually.

The factors that probably reduced his value:
- Scoring trainers already have their trainees for next season so the age wasn't beneficial
- Weak passing
- Weak Stamina
- Nasty player, shouldn't really reduce prices but it does put some people off.
- Young player lacking the experience of an older excellent striker.

Should still be a good buy though.

Kemal
17-01-2005, 13:26
Before I bought my winger, I had been looking at forwards as well, and it certainly is not a bad buy since I can't recall seeing many, if any at all, excellent forwards going for less than 300K.
However, I am wondering, is it useful to use programs such as HO to value players before you buy them, or are the stats given there not representative for the impact they have on the team, but only for their individual star performance?
I am wondering because if I use Miklos's stats in HO.126 skilltester, he only gets 0.2 points more than my own striker who has passable scoring/solid passing.. since I do not have an excellent striker, I can't compare of course, but will the difference between miklos and my striker really be that small, i.e. when buying forwards, do you indeed have to bleed that massively for only a small improvement?

Kingreno
17-01-2005, 13:58
First, my best striker was kicked out for 2 weeks last match, meaning the CDZ-cup was at stake! ;)

I have three strikers in my squad but two are over 30! Both have already dropped their scoring skill once. The other, as said before, is injured and may suffer from lousy form at the start of the next season. This guy I bought should get to 3 stars in passable form and that will just have to do. Going to 3.5 stars is just too expensive at the moment as that requires at least 500k, possibly a lot more.

As for Dell's remarks, I took that all into considderation. Weak passing is not too bad and the stamina will be upped soon. On the bright side, his passable winger and Inad PM combined with excellent scoring will mean he can play winger too. Furthermore, experience will be gained through cupmatches and so on.

In some 10-14 weeks I expect to raise roughly 4 to 5 Mil on Defender sales. I will buy a better forward then.:D

Shabbaman
17-01-2005, 14:21
That's an ok price, but not a bargain. Next time, look for a player without the technical specialty. And you can save yourself some money buying a dutch forward, or with less useless skills like winger or PM.

English_brit
17-01-2005, 14:22
He's a decent player. Personally I would have gone for someone a bit older with more experience and who'd be less likely to get booked though. He'll pick up a fair few yellow cards.

I think passing on strikers is a nice bonus but when you consider the extra price you have to pay to get it I'm not convinced that it's "that" important. The price goes up through the roof with the passing on top and imo the improved performance is not that marked.

I just wish you'd waited till after our game to buy in your new players. lol

Shabbaman
17-01-2005, 14:36
There's no difference in rating between a solid scorer/passable passer and a excellent scorer/weak passer. The prices are comparable as well, though the first one might be a bit cheaper.
There's a little difference in function though: passing is more important if you play AIM for example. And scoring is more important for set pieces. I don't know whether the scoring rating actually has something to do with the scoring chance, but I guess it does.

English_brit
17-01-2005, 18:33
Ta for the info. I'd go for the excellent scorer out of those two players every time. That's just me though. I guess everyone has to make their own minds up.

yndy
17-01-2005, 21:30
I'd also go for the excellent scorer, IMO 1 level of scoring = at least 3 levels of passing. However Kemal was mentioning his passable scoring/solid passing. That's a big difference I'd say. I also don't like programs that give ratings, I compare the players by the stars.

akots
17-01-2005, 22:05
Since I've been thinking of selling mine 19-year-old excel trainee, I looked through the forward market regularly almost every day for the past month and seems that the deal is OK. You certainly did not pay extra but if this guy were honest/upright and not nasty/fiery he would have been priced at 350K up to 400K probably. The secondaries don't matter much apparently for the price except for passing which is weak in this case and hence does not contribute. And looks like the seller needed extra cash or was not training scoring since his TSI is rather high suggesting he might promote to formidable and rather soon indeed if trained but hard to tell exactly.

Kingreno
17-01-2005, 22:10
I reconned the passable passing and Inadequate Playmaking made for this high TSI. It does not matter anyways, since I will train defending for quite some time to come now. Maybe when he's 25, playing on CDZ-cup-wednesday he'll skill up on scoring.

Kemal
19-01-2005, 16:39
Ok people, I took a big risk here I think, as i bought the following guy for 195K:

Olivier de Silguy (21760728)
22 years, weak form, healthy
A controversial person who is temperamental and upright.
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Nationality: België
Total Skill Index (TSI): 780
Wage: 760 €/week
Owner: steenhuize_wijnhuize
Warnings: 1

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: wretched
Winger: wretched Defending: wretched
Scoring: excellent Set Pieces: wretched

He has wretched passing I know, but checking his ratings in recent match, I found that he scored 2.5 stars in his recent match (played today) even while in weak form... so I'm hoping that might mean 3 stars in passable...? Oh well, if not, add another to the list of Snaken's failures.. :)

Surely I can resell an excellent scorer for 200K though, so it wouldn't be that bad.

Shabbaman
19-01-2005, 16:47
That's close to 3 stars, depending on how it's rounded. A decent buy. I'm selling last weeks YP (see thread) who's probably going to pop to excellent this week. If I can get 200k for him I'll be glad.

Schip
19-01-2005, 23:14
I'm fielding a excellent scoring/wretched passing, they get to 3 stars in solid form. That's about the best they can do I'm afraid. (without exp)

But this one will last you untill the 6th division, where 2.5* forwards are played regularly.
(though 5.5* are as well :p )

yndy
20-01-2005, 03:40
I used to have an excellent/wretched scoringt trainee. He only got 2* in weak form and rose to 2.5* in inadequate and 3* in passable when he was half way to formidable.

Thsese days he's doing 4.5* in excellent form. Might be that he's brilliant scoring now.

Kingreno
03-02-2005, 17:04
I bought:

quote:Massimiliano Sitzia (7650540)
26 years, inadequate form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and upright.
Has inadequate experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality: Italia
Total Skill Index (TSI): 960
Wage: 792 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Aristocats
Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: weak
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: passable

My current inner mid is 31 and losing skills that used to give him 3.5 stars. He is now 2.5 and thus I needed a replacement. However, I had only 200k maximum to spend as I want to stay above zero. This guy cost me 150k. I think that is an okay price considdering he has Inadequate experience and is only 26. Furthermore his secondaries are not too bad, passing will even be trained up to Inadequate in the future.
He will likely not play when I use 5-3-2CA since that innermid will have solid defending and passable passing (no PM please!). In the (CDZ)cup and some homematches I simply need the possesion and then he will play in a 4-4-2 where he is acceptable. He gets 3.5 stars in solid form. What do you guys think? Good buy/bad buy/average buy?

Schip
03-02-2005, 19:49
good buy, for the purpose you will use him.