PDA

View Full Version : Civgeneral's forum

Kemal
10-01-2005, 13:33
What has happened to the posts in Civgeneral's forum? I thought it was against the rules to delete posts, but has he indeed removed all post from his forum himself, since it is empty now?

Or have the admins decided to finally remove some of the more outdated fora, to be archived in a seperate section of CDZ? (Which would greatly benefit the clarity of the PBEM-section of this site, I personally think).

Pastorius
10-01-2005, 14:05
Erm. I saw CG online yesterday, so he might have done so himself.

anarres
10-01-2005, 14:42
Wow, CG's PBEM mod status is removed until he PM's me and PP to explain.

Lt. Killer M
10-01-2005, 15:26
I doubt you'll hear from him.
this looks a bit like removing evidence of how unreliable he has shown to be.

Melifluous
10-01-2005, 15:52
I completely agree with Killer.

I told you he was a wrong 'un, but then again I, erm, ah, hmm...

Lets fill his Forum full of fluffy bunnies and warning signs for the unwary!

Melifluous

Ginger_Ale
10-01-2005, 23:22
He most likely did it for a 'clean start (or end?)' to PBEMing...obviously broke some rules though.

anarres
11-01-2005, 13:54
Whatever the reason you should never piss in the face of those who support you. ;) On request we would have probably removed his forum anyway.

On a similar theme, I understand that we need desperately to identify and tidy up some old PBEM fora - I will try for this later today. :)

Kingreno
11-01-2005, 14:02
A quick count makes for 27 PBEM-fora that are suitable for removal from the main page, IMHO of course. [:p]

Eldakkar
11-01-2005, 14:58
Erhm, it is possible then to get your forum back right? I think I will post a spoiler once in a while, and while I understand that my forum is 'suitable for removal' ;), I still would like to have a place to post spoilers once i've decided to do so.

Lt. Killer M
11-01-2005, 15:12
Eldakkar, you are still around all the time, so i doubht your forum would be counted as 'suitable fro removal' - after all you're an active member

Shabbaman
11-01-2005, 16:43
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

A quick count makes for 27 PBEM-fora that are suitable for removal from the main page, IMHO of course. [:p]

Why do you want to remove your own subforum as well?

;)

anarres
11-01-2005, 19:30
hehe, you requested we do something like this a while ago to your forum Eldakkar, which is what made me think that members wanted to be able to "shut down" their fora when I read this thread.

Even if we did this we would only move and lock the old fora and all would be retrievable(?), but I won't do this to yours now. :)

p.s. I reserve the right to have confused you with someone else! ;)

Shabbaman
11-01-2005, 22:14
So, didn't you guys make a backup of the forums before the move?

Matrix
12-01-2005, 00:49
I think the best thing would be if the PBEM category would automatically be sorted by last post, just like with threads. Isn't there a mod for that?

Eldakkar
12-01-2005, 08:16
@anarres:
You are right. That was me. I changed my mind since then obviously :) What I meant to ask is, if it's possible to get your forum back after it has been removed. Obviously it is, so no complaints.

Kingreno
12-01-2005, 09:52
I remember asking this Anarres, some time ago, so you might be mixed up yes!

Personaly, I like the idea of having personal fora! If all spoilers would end up on one scrapheapforum it would be a labyrinth to keep track of them, so that should be no option. The CFC PBEM-forum is an example of that.
What can work is a forum for PBEMs by people that have for example just one Spoiler running, or for some other reason have a long break in posting in their forum. We already have an open thread and there could easily be a general Spoilers thread. If, for some reason, the player wants his or her personal forum (back) that can be arranged then.
just my pov.:)

oh and [shabba][whipped][crazyeye]

Darkness
28-02-2005, 17:09
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

What criteria did you use for that count anyway? [???]

Kingreno
28-02-2005, 19:27
Well, those who brought me from Breda to Rotterdam central station surely can keep theirs.[:p]

On a serious note. Some fora are not used ever, or have one or two entries dating back over 12 months. I am not saying these should be deleted, but moving these somewhere else may be a good idea. For new members I think having more active fora on the main forum is a good thing.

CivGeneral
12-05-2005, 22:38
quote:Originally posted by Ginger_Ale

He most likely did it for a 'clean start (or end?)' to PBEMing...obviously broke some rules though.

That is why I did that, mainly to remove the hurtfull memories regarding my past PBEMs. I do wish to make amends to doing that and apologise that I broke the rule of removing thoes threads.

akots
12-05-2005, 23:31
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Whatever the reason you should never piss in the face of those who support you. ...

A peculiar comment. I beg to disagree since sometimes it is very tempting. However I usually try to restrain myself and avoid these kind of things. [lol]

The procedure you described is sort of difficult to accomplish from the actual point of view. This requires the supporting person either to be immobilized or to succumb to the act voluntarily. Might be possible to catch off guard though like during sleep or just off guard.

Melifluous
13-05-2005, 00:03
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Whatever the reason you should never piss in the face of those who support you. ...

Now that always reminds me of some old sayings

quote:
Never eat yellow snow

and
quote:
man who go to sleep with itchy bum, wake up with smelly finger

[goodjob]

Melifluous