PDA

View Full Version : New Continent v Continent PBEM game 2v2 or 3v3

StrictlyRockers
09-01-2005, 15:04
PLAYERS WANTED

I will be hosting and moderating a PBEM game that will start when we find four or six committed players. I am hoping that Matrix will want to sign on for this one.

This will be a continent vs continent game. The teams can be set or can be selected randomly by placement on the two continents. We can use a randome map and have someone check the save on turn two to see if the map is correct for a 2v2 or 3v3 continent vs continent game, or we can request to have a map created for this game.

The game will commence as soon as we get enough players. This style of game is a bit more of a straightforward wargame. There is no diplomacy. There will be no peace treaties. The winner is the team that is ahead based on over all team victory points, but this if it is not obvious who has won. It's usually apparent by industrial who is winning, if not, you have a great game on your hands[cool].

Settings:
Timer - Normal
Size - Small map for 6 or tiny for 4
Barbs - Roaming
Land - Continents
Water - 60%
Climate - Normal
Temp. - Temperate
Age - 5 Billion
Diff. - Emperor

Settings:
Allow Domination Victory
Allow Space Race Victory
Victory Point Scoring
Preserve Random Seed
Allow Scientific Leaders

Other Rules:
Continent vs. continent
Mulligan restart when civs not divided equally onto two continents.
Restart if any civilization on island.
Tactical nukes allowed only after all wonders are built.
ICBM nukes allowed only after tech tree is completed.

StrictlyRockers

Socrates
09-01-2005, 15:15
SR, a little advice from my side...

First, don't take the admin's avatar !!! [lol] Or does anar agree ?

Then, it seems that you know CDZ but doesn't know it at the same time. [hmm] A particularity here is that... we have devoted mapmakers !!! Just ask them in the map making forum, and one of them will draw the map of your dream, with no need to restart etc... Since you're a PBEM newbie, here what I can say : don't expect to restart a PBEM ever !!! It may take several dozens of turns before you realize the starting positions weren't like you wanted, and if you play with 4+ players, that will mean several months after starting the game. Still for it ? [groucho]

Victory points ? If you explain a bit, because we don't use them here. Is it worth a PBEM ?

Since you seem to know Matrix, I advise you to talk to him, in order to make your experience here enjoyable right from the start ! [cool]

BTW I'm not interested in this game myself, but I bet there are some players willing to play in a 2+ human game.

StrictlyRockers
10-01-2005, 02:35
Thanks Kry. I am brand new to CDG. Matrix informed me that this was THE place to find PBEM opponents. So I figured I would post the kind of game I would like to play. I am not a new player, I am a veteran of the Civ wars. But new entities tend to be at a disadvantage in 2+ human players when the other players are familiar with one another. I am very interested in participating in more than one PBEM game if any are forming.

This is the game I would like to host and play in. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone will volunteer his/her services to create a good map for this game, it will be greatly appreciated. I have some ideas for the type of map I am looking for - two large continents with a smattering of small islands on the periphery and in between. A small map size is preferable.

Sorry I took admin’s avatar. Didn’t realize. I just LOVE Cerebus. That is one of the best comics ever.