PDA

View Full Version : The Tower of Babel - Open Thread

Socrates
08-01-2005, 14:48
The game has started at last ! It would be nice to find a fitting name for this game, instead of "TAM PBEM". Any idea welcome.

We should also name our saves differently. I propose : "[name_of_game]-[number_of_turn][letter_of_roster]". For example : "TAMSuperPBEM-001a" would be Justus II's next save (since this one is turn 0). Letters would go from "a" to "e". OK for everyone ?

I also tested the number of beakers, and it corresponds to what it should be : thanks Justus II for setting this up perfectly. [thumbsup]

BTW Justus II, could you post here some essential info about the beginning of the game, like :
- impassable terrain for what units ;
- unsettlable terrain ;
- possible changes in content people in Demi-God ;
- other things I can't think of now...
I already know workers cost 20 shields, and settlers cost <s>40 shields</s> 50 shields [eek] and require 3 citizens !! [eek] I also saw that marsh is impassable for our first units, and desert is unsettlable (making my agr trait less useful, but hey, if it is as strong as in the epic game... :D ).

We should also start a roster thread, like we did for the Swimming Pool, are you for that ? Or do you only want to use Matrix's roster program ?

EDIT : Justus II, is there a sheet for techs' values ? We can't know what is the value for each tech, that could help us to trade, even if between humans we're not talking about cents... [blush]

grs
08-01-2005, 14:53
I would prefer turn tracker - I think it is far superior to anything you can do in a forum.

Stapel
08-01-2005, 14:56
I have been playing a bit today (solo).

Why do cities flip like thatr? No other civ near, no foreign citizens: WHAM! FLIP!

Weird....

grs
08-01-2005, 15:20
Hmm...I played some Solo moves too, but had no flip.

Justus II
09-01-2005, 01:24
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

BTW Justus II, could you post here some essential info about the beginning of the game, like :
- impassable terrain for what units ;
- unsettlable terrain ;
- possible changes in content people in Demi-God ;
- other things I can't think of now...
I already know workers cost 20 shields, and settlers cost <s>40 shields</s> 50 shields [eek] and require 3 citizens !! [eek] I also saw that marsh is impassable for our first units, and desert is unsettlable (making my agr trait less useful, but hey, if it is as strong as in the epic game... :D ).

EDIT : Justus II, is there a sheet for techs' values ? We can't know what is the value for each tech, that could help us to trade, even if between humans we're not talking about cents... [blush]

OK, I'll try to answer what I can. The spreadsheet (I've uploaded it again below) lists what terrain is unsettleable by the lines for City (yes/no) and colony. Cities cannot be built in Desert, Tundra, Mountain, Forest, Swamp. Colonies can be built in all but Swamp and Marsh. Most units ARE considered wheeled in this mod, so only a select few units can enter Mountains, Swamp, or Marsh. Those that can are basically the archer-type line of units and workers, (and barbs), they are all denoted on the TAM-Stats page with the letter M in the abilities column. A few UU's also have the ability, like Pelatasts, Dacians, may be others.

Note: Swamps/Marsh cannot be cleared until a late tech (Architecture - Second Era), so it will be a while before you can access those. Also, note that Cities CAN be built in Marsh, but settlers can't enter, so you would have to have a worker enter, build a road, then move the settler in to settle. (Awkward, but it simulates the difficulties in settling those areas).

As for your Desert/Agri mention, not only can you not settle them, but Desert can't be irrigated either. (It can be mined or roaded). This was intentional, as the AI otherwise floods the desert, and is offset by having multiple Oasis and plains tiles along the edge of the desert (a mined Oasis is a pretty good tile).

Content citizens should be the same as normal Demigod. Be aware that this map has less than 8 luxuries available, IIRC, and they are scattered, so it's unlikely for any one civ to access more than 3-4. Also, there are no improvements that multiply the luxuries effect (like the standard market), except for the Nubians who aren't in this game, and I think there may be a wonder with that effect. So happiness in general is a little scarcer, but city sizes are smaller as well.

If you don't already know, city sizes are:
Town: 1-4, City:5-8, Metro:9+. Aquaducts come with Architecture (early 2nd age), Metros with Bath House (Medicine), 3rd Age. So founding on fresh water is even more vital, building settlers that take 3 citizens out of towns capped at size 4 is tough!! (But it does limit the AI's REX tendencies as well).

As for Stapel's comment on city flips, the main cause of that is the lack of early culture. Other than the Palace, most civs will have little or no early culture until the end of the 1st Age (Temples), and they are difficult and expensive (require cult site first). Meanwhile, Wonders (AI-specific and Great) generate a TON of culture (most are 10cpt, and at 50yrs/turn double quickly), so if one civ builds an early wonder or 2, they can really rack up cultural pressure quickly. Again, that was an intentional decision of Thamis, he wanted to emphasize the importance of early wonders.

Any other questions, let me know, I will be away tomorrow during the day, but will be back by evening. I hope everyone has fun!

Socrates
09-01-2005, 02:06
OK, thanks Justus II ! [thumbsup] Some remarks about your answers...

Stapel told me on MSN that he faced situations where there shouldn't be any possibility of a culture flip, according to Civ rules (seen in anarres's utility). Can you explain this ? And Stapel can you describe precisely what you encoutered ? From what I understood, Stapel had no foreigners in the cities, and no neighbours around, so there shouldn't have been a way for a flip to occur.

Can someone explain me the difference between marsh and swamp in the real world ? I'd like to know, so as to differenciate them better when I play. Noted for the terrain-abilities of the units, it will help us to not do stupid mistakes in the beginning.

I agree with your remarks about the AIs settling everywhere, and know we had to do something about it. I bet I'll have to forget about placing fair cities to the south of Babylon, in the desert... And too bad we can't irrigate the desert, there is no clear distinction between desert and flood plain. But it is to be noted that, if I'm not mistaken, hills can be either irrigated or mined (less effectively), like in the good Civ2 days. I haven't seen any oasis along the Euphrates, when I explored a little before this game (but I won't again, I want some surprise !), I hope there are some, oasis give 4 more food !!! An oasis on an irrigated flood plain is... 8 food !! [eek]

Today I saw that a city is 5-8 citizens, and a metro is 9+ citizens... Scary. Your remark about pumping settlers out of 4-pop cities ONLY is true : tough.

akots
09-01-2005, 02:18
IIRC, Kolchian wonder also multiplies the luxury rate in a city where it is built which is somewhat undocumented. Also, Raiders can enter mountains but not sure if they are available to any civs you play.

What is extremely annoying regarding non-settling in the desert is that when there appears a barbarian camp (near Saba or north of Caspian sea, all free units from all countries go there and sign RoP with each other. This actually results in the fact that not-so-phony wars happen with very remote opponents. For example, Nubia declared on me (Colchis) and in about 15 turns there appeared with a huge stack of about 50 Nubian units. That has been a bit unexpected. Also, these "free AI units" constantly move back and forth since the desert around Massagetae is large and once a camp is dispersed, they turn back and when a new one appears, they start to go there again. This has been extremely annoying. But you wont see these kinds of things probably in your map.

Combat system has huge pecularities as well. Just need a decent calculator to evaluate the chances properly but I'm not sure about the defence bonuses since there might be a few errors in the civilopedia about them. Also, retreat ability is somewhat tweaked due to that large number of hit points. Another feature is that sometimes stronger units have fewere hit points and are becoming actually weaker after upgrade because most of them are regulars. For example, Broadswordsmen have attack of 8 but regulars start 5 hp iirc whereas Raiders (upgraded units) have 4hp for regulars and attack 10 which makes them basically even in attacking chances. But Raiders can enslave (this auxilliary warriors are great for sacrifice and increase in culture since each brings 60 culture and slave brings only 40 culture) and enter impassable terrain. Same goes for Elephants which have 3 hit points. This is not documented in civilopedia at all unfortunately.

Also, many wonders depend on government type. For example Pyramids. They need Theocracy and after you revolt from Theocracy they just disappear. [sad] Never tried to revolt back, may be the wonders will reappear.

But this is my limited experience on a large size default map with only one game played so far as Kolchis. Won 20K cultural victory with the help of few wonders by massive sacrificing.

akots
09-01-2005, 02:26
... Your remark about pumping settlers out of 4-pop cities ONLY is true : tough.

This is a very complicated issue with granaries in cities on the river. Should they be built or not? Actually, benefit from Granaries is somewhat limited in any case since double food is required to grow from size 4 to size 8. But this might actually make granaries twice as important imo. And then size 8 can drop to size 5 after building the settler still keeping the second half of the food bin full. But with cities not on the river, they can be pretty much useless since there are no "settler factories" or "worker pumps" in this scenario.

Stapel
09-01-2005, 12:36
I indeed encountered 3 (THREE) flips without having any tiles under AI influence, AND without having foreign citizens.

I have more questions:
-Why can't I trade hellinistic techs?
-How can I upgrade units?
-Why do I have a 1cpt library for several turns, yet 0 culture in this city (a conquered city, it has two foreigners, ans 1 homie).

ERIKK
09-01-2005, 17:21
All should always use the turn tracker. It is the only way to keep track of the save.

The naming convention which is used now is good IMO.

This is a great thread, I already learned some new things reading this thread. :)

grs
09-01-2005, 18:52
quote:it has two foreigners, ans 1 homie this is the reason. You are still in a Xenophobic government and gain no culture in foreigner dominated cities.

Btw, when does the save come around?

ERIKK
09-01-2005, 19:02
quote:Originally posted by grs

[quote]Btw, when does the save come around?
Ehh..., check the turn tracker for it's location!

akots
09-01-2005, 19:54
@Stapel:

First level techs in Hellenistic age are not tradeable but subsequent techs can be traded once AI knows the first level techs. But you can get them all from the Great Library (or you can steal them). This is to limit exploitation of scientific AIs by a human player apparently.

Unit upgrades can be done in a city with Barracks which are only in your capital prior to Standing Military tech late in the Imperial Age. Also, there are a few resource requirements and these resources have to be hooked up as well.

And Monarchy is indeed Xenophobic.

Regarding flips: Are you sure there is no overlap with AI? You borders don't have to expand to have an overlap. If the 21 city tiles of your city overlap even a single tile with 21 tiles of the AI city, your city can flip.

Stapel
09-01-2005, 20:47

quote:it has two foreigners, ans 1 homie this is the reason. You are still in a Xenophobic government and gain no culture in foreigner dominated cities.Even with a 2-2 pop, culture doesn't count.
Appearently, you really need a majority.

Stapel
09-01-2005, 21:03
quote:Originally posted by akotsRegarding flips: Are you sure there is no overlap with AI? You borders don't have to expand to have an overlap. If the 21 city tiles of your city overlap even a single tile with 21 tiles of the AI city, your city can flip.
Hmmm, I don't have save....

I can't reproduce it.....
So far, I can hope it indeed has a tiel covered.

Stapel
09-01-2005, 23:41
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztovCan someone explain me the difference between marsh and swamp in the real world ? I'd like to know, so as to differenciate them better when I play.

Somewhere between bayou :)

Justus II
10-01-2005, 02:48
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

quote:it has two foreigners, ans 1 homie this is the reason. You are still in a Xenophobic government and gain no culture in foreigner dominated cities.Even with a 2-2 pop, culture doesn't count.
Appearently, you really need a majority.

Also, watch what you build, as the Slave Market has a -1 culture/turn, so it subtracts one. Culture won't go negative, but if you build only a temple, they cancel out and won't expand, at least until the temple hits 1,000 years and doubles. (Actually, I don't know if the -1 doubles to -2, in which case it still wouldn't expand.) I only build slave buildings in cities that have already expanded at least once.

Justus II
10-01-2005, 02:57
NM, I found Turn Tracker, so turn is sent.

akots
10-01-2005, 03:18
I'm not sure as of how culture doubles in this mod. It is a bit more complicated than it is in the simple non-modded game probably because of some confusion with the dates. Sometimes it is doubled sometimes it is not. For some small wonders it failed to double and even for some great wonders but I'm not sure. [confused]

Actually, best way of expanding the border is through sacrificing captured/traded workers. May be rushing a a settler first to get rid of the foreigners at size 4 bringing it to size 1, then growing to size 3 and then it is possible to gain local culture via sacrifice. It is substantially more rapid than building cult site (unless you have Statue of Zeus or playing Britons) then temple and waiting 10 turns especially in corrupt cities.

Stapel
10-01-2005, 17:08
I can build railroads!

Is that correct?

Stapel
10-01-2005, 17:17
Ah, never mind: imperial roads.....

ERIKK
12-01-2005, 22:50
Somebody notice something annoying in this list?

12-01-2005 22:48:04 - ERIKK - 7850BC / 3
12-01-2005 20:16:47 - grs - 7850BC
12-01-2005 09:52:57 - Stapel - 3
12-01-2005 01:48:01 - Justus II - 7850 BC
11-01-2005 20:25:30 - ERIKK - 7900BC
11-01-2005 19:51:04 - grs - 7900BC
11-01-2005 09:44:55 - Stapel - 7900BC
11-01-2005 04:47:01 - Justus II - 7900BC
10-01-2005 19:55:55 - ERIKK - 7950
10-01-2005 19:20:30 - grs - 7950BC
10-01-2005 12:26:40 - Stapel - 7950BC
10-01-2005 02:59:02 - Justus II - 7950BC
09-01-2005 17:11:48 - ERIKK - 8000bc
08-01-2005 14:50:20 - grs - 8000BC
08-01-2005 12:14:43 - Stapel - 8000BC

I do! ;)

Socrates
12-01-2005, 22:54
quote:Originally posted by ERIKK

Somebody notice something annoying in this list?

12-01-2005 22:48:04 - ERIKK - 7850BC / 3
12-01-2005 20:16:47 - grs - 7850BC
12-01-2005 09:52:57 - Stapel - 3
12-01-2005 01:48:01 - Justus II - 7850 BC
11-01-2005 20:25:30 - ERIKK - 7900BC
11-01-2005 19:51:04 - grs - 7900BC
11-01-2005 09:44:55 - Stapel - 7900BC
11-01-2005 04:47:01 - Justus II - 7900BC
10-01-2005 19:55:55 - ERIKK - 7950
10-01-2005 19:20:30 - grs - 7950BC
10-01-2005 12:26:40 - Stapel - 7950BC
10-01-2005 02:59:02 - Justus II - 7950BC
09-01-2005 17:11:48 - ERIKK - 8000bc
08-01-2005 14:50:20 - grs - 8000BC
08-01-2005 12:14:43 - Stapel - 8000BC

I do! ;)

The font is not the one you like ? ;)
You don't know which of the first two numbers is the day, and which one is the month ? [mischief]
I'm not there ? [crazyeye]

grs
12-01-2005, 23:57
Well as it gets around that fast and we only have one resister I guess it wont flip away from us.

ERIKK
13-01-2005, 18:49
Great! You guys got my drift! ;)

Socrates
20-01-2005, 22:00
I had a dream. [lol]

I'm coming up with a name for this PBEM, hope you like it : "Tower of Babel". OK, it's a bit in my favour, but it is rather central and well known, eh ? It could replace this neutral thing we're using now... The Tower of Babel was built so that Man could reach God and perfection, but God punished Man and divided his kingdom into many languages, like English, French, German and Dutch. [groucho] God existing or not, maybe this Tower of Babel was in fact Babelon's Hanging Gardens ? [hmm]

What do you think ? :)

Justus II
21-01-2005, 05:33
Due to my new job, I will be in Virginia for the next two weeks attending training, learning to be a Human Resources Manager for the military. I will have internet access, but I can't install Civ on my government laptop, so I won't be able to play while I'm gone. However, I have asked Akots (since he had been following the thread earlier) if he would fill in for me, and he agreed. Since it's still early, one city and all, it shouldn't make too much difference, but I want to be sure it's OK with everyone here. I leave on Sunday, and will return on 4 February. I guess we would have to see if Matrix can update the TurnTracker to Akots' address during those dates as well. Let me know if anyone has any problems, otherwise I will plan on Akots filling in for me during my absence. Thanks!

Socrates
21-01-2005, 08:22
No problem, Justus II ! akots is now aware of what this mod entails, much more than me and others, so you shouldn't be spoiled to give him your Minoan city of Knossos. The only requirement I have is for akots to not have read any spoiler (but I don't think there are some anyway...).

Apart from that, good luck for your job. [goodjob] Recruit well more than much ! [lol] [mischief]

akots
21-01-2005, 08:48
Did not read anything and ready for duty.

ERIKK
21-01-2005, 12:04
Great, can you PM me your email where I should sent the save?

Justus II
21-01-2005, 12:45
Great. I will still be able to play today and tomorrow's turns (21-22 JAN), but then Akots can start with the following one. Thanks again for your understanding.

grs
25-01-2005, 00:44
[bump] is this one dead?

ERIKK
25-01-2005, 09:14
Maybe I should sent my last save to akots... AFAIK I had - after the one I sent some days ago -
one more turn to Justus before swapping to Akots!

grs
25-01-2005, 12:35
Hmm...Stapel should already have the save from Justus; he said he played last save and turn tracker shows it was sent to Stapel.

ERIKK
25-01-2005, 12:44
Ahh...

Stapel offline Dedicated 988 20 Jan 2005 24 Mar 2003 Netherlands 21 Jan 2005

Last post 20-1
Last online 21-1

I guess he is on holiday too...

Kingreno
25-01-2005, 13:00
I know from the 2x4 that Stapel is on holiday sceduled to arrive home next weekend.

Socrates
25-01-2005, 13:20
Stapel didn't tell me of any holiday plan, or maybe I'm just dreaming... So that's why 3 games out of the 6 I'm currently in are stopped at the moment... [mischief] Last night I saw he hadn't been online for a few days, but thought it was just a great weekend. I even thought of this at lunch half an hour ago...

Kingreno, are you sure Stapel is back next weekend only ?

Kingreno
25-01-2005, 13:49
well, don't pin me down on it be he told me he'd be skiing for the entire week. Usually that is Friday evening till Sunday the next week.

ERIKK
25-01-2005, 14:13
So noone from the TAM game knew he went away for a week either. As Justus announced his awaytime
very politely and got an substitue Stapel just disappeares. Justus' substitute will have no work
to do as Stapels is gone for the week.

Not very nice of Stapel! [mad]

Stapel
25-01-2005, 18:59
Shit, I was thinking Akots (I informed him) was in this game too :( . That was quite dumb. Me very sorry, I'll be back to play civ sunday or monday.

Socrates
27-01-2005, 22:50

I'm coming up with a name for this PBEM, hope you like it : "Tower of Babel".

[bump] I'd like it to be named like that, but other suggestions are welcome. The current neutral name sucks. Any objection ? If not, I'll change it. [groucho]

ERIKK
28-01-2005, 09:01
I dont care Krys, but why 'Tower of Babel'?

grs
28-01-2005, 10:14
Change it if you like. NP with me.

Socrates
28-01-2005, 20:33
Changed. :) Better like this.

Why this name ? It came through my head one day, but I have already explained it in an earlier post in this thread, don't wanna repeat it twice. ;) Guys at CFC always choose a fitting name for their PBEMs, I thought we could do the same for none 1v1's (we have already done it here : Swimming Pool, Fab Four (these were mine :) ), and other ones, starting with... DDPP ?).

ERIKK
28-01-2005, 21:27
DDPP = Dutch Disappointed Ptw Players! ;)

anarres
29-01-2005, 03:27
shit. what game is this?

Edit: so it's the TAM game...

Stapel
31-01-2005, 16:13
Huh??????????????? (not from OUR TAM game btw)

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Stapel/2005131161252_right.JPG
48.52KB

anarres
31-01-2005, 17:29
hehe. Espionage does not require the Intelligence Agency then? [groucho]

akots
31-01-2005, 18:48
Only for Medes, they have small wonder acting as Embassy to all civs and as IA iirc available from the start. When the city with this small wonder is captured, you get Embassies and IA and can plant spies.

Justus II
31-01-2005, 22:47
Sorry, I don't have ERIKK's Email available at the moment, but I see he sent the turn to me via Turntracker already, I won't be back until Friday. Please forward to Akots.

Stapel
01-02-2005, 16:12
The 0% flip chance:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Stapel/20052116910_impossible flip.JPG
124.11KB

The medes again...

A succesful espionage action on my size 8, 4 unit garrison city?????

Stapel
01-02-2005, 16:14
Da save.
Simply click fast-end-of turn, end see the results.

***** no .sav uploads ? *****

hmm, upload fucked up???
I rarred it, but still get an error.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

grs
01-02-2005, 17:10
Yes, it is the propaganda of the Medes, seems quite powerfull.

Socrates
01-02-2005, 17:27
Anyone knows how espionage works for propaganda ? Because the Medes are in our PBEM, and they are an AI civ. [mouth] A utility or a post at CFC explaining it all with formulae could be nice to have.

ERIKK
01-02-2005, 18:07
No worries Justus, I also sent it to Akots! :)

Stapel
01-02-2005, 18:16

Yes, it is the propaganda of the Medes, seems quite powerfull.

It seems WAY too powerful!

akots
01-02-2005, 23:38
Turn played and sent by TurnTracker.

Stapel
03-02-2005, 09:30
Justus (Akots), after 13 comes 14 ;) .

Stapel
03-02-2005, 09:32
Never mind, 13e is correct. It was just not meant for me, but for the Minoans.

Stapel
03-02-2005, 09:33
Or did you send your own save to me?

akots
03-02-2005, 09:34
Are there any problems with the save?

akots
03-02-2005, 09:36
I have receive 12e from erikk and sent via turntracker and named the following as 13a since Justus appears as player number 1.

akots
03-02-2005, 09:42
Apparently this is erikk who screwed up sending the turn by impersonating himself with Justus.

@Erikk: please send the turn to my e-mail.

Stapel
03-02-2005, 13:23
I forwarded it.

ERIKK
03-02-2005, 18:42
Sorry Akots - I sent 13e (with the new ToB name) to your email now!

akots
04-02-2005, 02:38
Turn 14 played and sent by turn tracker.

ERIKK
05-02-2005, 10:48
14e to akots (no tt)

Justus II
08-02-2005, 03:31
Turn 16a posted to TurnTracker. Thanks again for everyone's patience.

Stapel
09-02-2005, 08:52
Well, I just got 16d, whereas I expected 17a.....

grs
09-02-2005, 09:51
Just was a misclick from me, Stapel (sending as Justus). I thought I cancelled it as turn tracker did not show. The save has been sent to Erikk and you can delete what I accidently sent you.

grs
26-02-2005, 16:53
I am without civ access for the weekend and will play the turn as soon as possible, sorry :(

Stapel
08-03-2005, 01:42
About the rules: Am I allowed to buy workers from the AI?

Socrates
08-03-2005, 08:36

About the rules: Am I allowed to buy workers from the AI?

As no strict rule was taken, and since the AIs are quite powerful already, I'd say it's OK to buy some workers. What do others think ? It seems you're quite rich, you Phoenix trader ! ;)

grs
08-03-2005, 09:50
Buy them.

grs
12-03-2005, 16:36
I have some appointments from today till Tuesday next week, so I may find it hard to play my turns till then. I will try to have a look in my mailbox from time to time, but I can't guarantee anything.

ERIKK
12-03-2005, 19:00
NP, stapel went on wintersport this week IIRC!

Justus II
13-03-2005, 20:35
Sorry I didn't post earlier about the worker question. Since we didn't make a rule against it, I don't have a problem with allowing them. They should be more expensive than normal, but I don't know if the cost is based on their sheild cost or not.

grs
28-03-2005, 11:20
Is there a problem with the turn tracker? I sent the last save to Erikk a while ago. I am not sure if he is in easter holiday, or if it has failed him. Erikk could you please tell me, when you read this, if you have the save?

grs
01-04-2005, 11:36
The game seems to hang again. While I understand saves can't always be played as soon as they arrive, it would be good for the sprit of this game to read a short absence note if you know you can't play the game for some days.

Justus II
01-04-2005, 13:29
Sorry, I see ERIKK has posted on TurnTracker, but I did not recieve the game (turn 35). Can you please re-post to TurnTracker, or email me directly? Thanks

Justus II
03-04-2005, 03:31
Hmmm, still no save...

Stapel
03-04-2005, 09:20
Guys, so far I am very pleased with the dedication in this game.

I trust this is just a silly hick-up.

grs
03-04-2005, 09:21
Erikk seems to be away. I am sure he would have signed up for the new Diplo game already if he wasn't. I don't know how long he is though.

grs
04-04-2005, 10:42
The save seems to "hang" between Erikk and Justus II. Any news from your side? Maybe a mail from one to the other could help.

ERIKK
04-04-2005, 11:38
huh????

I never recieved the game form you grs! The last one I recieved I played immediately and uploaded it on the site. Please resent the one you last played grs, just to be sure! I will check if I have played 35 already, if so I will use the upload again.

grs
04-04-2005, 11:49
Aehem...these are the last entries of the turntracker.

28-03-2005 21:32:47 - ERIKK - I think it was 620BC / 35 (!)
28-03-2005 20:19:27 - grs - 35
28-03-2005 19:39:45 - Stapel - 35! Most certainly!

I will resend my latest save.

Justus II
04-04-2005, 23:52
OK, played and sent. I saw that ERIKK had posted it on TurnTracker on the 28th, but I never recieved it. I agree, this has for the most part been a very smooth-running game, just a few bumps in the road!

ERIKK
02-05-2005, 23:36
What is wrong with the TAM game? We were starting to get moving again.

29-04-2005 08:16:37 - Stapel - 42
29-04-2005 01:46:59 - Justus II - 5900 // 42
28-04-2005 22:53:30 - ERIKK - 41
28-04-2005 10:13:22 - grs - 41
27-04-2005 19:41:33 - Stapel - 41

We used to play a turn per day in this one... Lets get it going again!

Socrates
03-05-2005, 00:16
Same comment as in the Swimming Pool thread. Except I'm guilty of holding the save for a full day last weekend (forgot it, and had my mind elsewhere). But that's so rare. grs should have had the save for 2 days, going to resend in any case now.

grs
03-05-2005, 11:04
Played and passed. I think the turn tracker got a hickup there, since neither of my 3 games on it were passed.

ERIKK
03-05-2005, 11:31
It looks OK again. [goodjob]

03-05-2005 10:23:25 - ERIKK - 42
03-05-2005 10:01:19 - grs - 42
29-04-2005 08:16:37 - Stapel - 42
29-04-2005 01:46:59 - Justus II - 5900 // 42
28-04-2005 22:53:30 - ERIKK - 41
28-04-2005 10:13:22 - grs - 41
27-04-2005 19:41:33 - Stapel - 41

Justus II
15-05-2005, 05:05
I posted on Turntracker on the 5th, but it doesn't seem to have moved since then. And this site was down (or at least I couldn't get to it). Is the game moving again, or did it die off?

grs
15-05-2005, 09:28
Stapel is away I think.

Stapel
23-05-2005, 09:39
Tonight, I will play!

I really hope we will continue with the same dedication!

ERIKK
29-05-2005, 20:58
Hey stapel - i missed the name and by accident sent teh a save on behalve of justus to you - ignore that one!

29-05-2005 20:56:06 - ERIKK - 45
29-05-2005 20:55:46 - Justus II - 45 [u]my fault!!!! </u>
29-05-2005 20:45:14 - grs - 45
28-05-2005 23:45:04 - Stapel - 45
28-05-2005 04:12:54 - Justus II - 5750 // 45
27-05-2005 21:09:25 - ERIKK - 44

Stapel
30-05-2005, 10:14
Sent to Krys this morning.

BTW, does anyone have techs to trade with me?

Justus II
05-06-2005, 02:55
Turn 47 sent. I will be out of town the next few days, back on Friday. At our current turn per week pace, that shouldn't be a problem ;)

Stapel
05-06-2005, 11:02
No problem. I'm still happy to see this game doing fairly speedy!

ERIKK
05-06-2005, 16:25
quote:Originally posted by Justus II

Turn 47 sent. I will be out of town the next few days, back on Friday. At our current turn per week pace, that shouldn't be a problem ;)
Not true Justus...; it's in your inbox within 13,5 hours! ;)

05-06-2005 16:23:36 - ERIKK - 47
05-06-2005 16:12:42 - grs - 47
05-06-2005 10:01:00 - Stapel - 47
05-06-2005 02:53:55 - Justus II - 5650 // 47
04-06-2005 15:40:47 - ERIKK - 46
04-06-2005 14:31:33 - grs - 46
30-05-2005 08:20:00 - Stapel - 46
30-05-2005 02:38:01 - Justus II - 5700 // 46

Justus II
12-06-2005, 17:59
Two turns in 2 days, now we're moving again! (I was kidding about the turn/week comment, at least this game is moving steadily).

ERIKK
14-06-2005, 22:11
Krys, grs. One you two is holding up the save!!!

Stapel
17-06-2005, 10:40
quote:Originally posted by ERIKK

Krys, grs. One you two is holding up the save!!!

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Socrates
17-06-2005, 11:03
ERIKK, I told you I had sent the save to grs. So either it is with him, either there was a failure with the mail system. grs could tell you... if he can't answer your questions, then I suppose he can't play either (maybe he is on holiday).

ERIKK
17-06-2005, 11:39
I guess so

Justus II
21-06-2005, 05:14
It's moving again!

Justus II
23-06-2005, 16:23
The turn hasn't made it back to me yet, but when it does, I am out of town until Sunday.

Stapel
26-07-2005, 09:20
Justus, what's up?

Justus II
31-07-2005, 12:50
Sorry, I have been out of town last week, and will be back next Saturday (6 Aug).

ERIKK
06-08-2005, 20:01
I am on holiday for 18 days...

Back end of August! :)

Socrates
06-08-2005, 21:59
This game is so dead anyway. I don't see it going anywhere. [blush2]

grs
07-08-2005, 12:15

This game is so dead anyway. I don't see it going anywhere. [blush2]
Same here.

Stapel
07-08-2005, 15:47
Come on dudes, you can't blame people for taking a vacation.
I kinda like the game...
Despite my shit start.

Socrates
07-08-2005, 20:14

Come on dudes, you can't blame people for taking a vacation.
I kinda like the game...
Despite my shit start.

Am I blaming anyone ?

I like the game too, despite my difficult end. ;)

I don't see it going anywhere because it is played even more slowly than the ISDG. We have played 57 turns in 6 months.

Justus II
07-08-2005, 23:54
OK, I'm back. I agree, this game is taking a long time, but it also doesn't take much effort, so I don't mind continuing.

ERIKK
26-08-2005, 10:19
I want to continue, this game might take a few years but who cares? ;)

grs?

You are up again!

grs
26-08-2005, 11:09
I know I am up, I got the save this morning.

ERIKK
27-08-2005, 10:49
Strange...

25-08-2005 04:15:51 - Justus II - 5050 // 59
24-08-2005 10:38:17 - ERIKK - 58
10-08-2005 07:37:23 - grs - 58
08-08-2005 22:25:55 - kryszcztov - 58
08-08-2005 01:03:00 - Stapel - 58
07-08-2005 23:54:50 - Justus II - 5100 // 58
23-07-2005 21:46:57 - ERIKK - 57

Seems Stapel is next but during that night I think the TT was broken, right? Dunno who has it but please play and use the TT.

Stapel
27-08-2005, 11:14
I sent by mail to Krys, knowing the TT was broke.

uploaded by TT now!

grs
27-08-2005, 21:55
I still have it, but I can't upload it before Monday.

ERIKK
03-09-2005, 10:45
Grs, you sent me the wrong save:60c for Persia!

Please sent again...

Erik :)

Justus II
06-09-2005, 04:44
I just sent the save to Stapel, as TT appears to be down, if you don't get it, let me know!

Stapel
07-09-2005, 09:52
Got it, played it, sent it.

ERIKK
06-10-2005, 22:53
[mad]

Just checked to TT. But...

Due to a virus I cant play right now (my ISP blocked my mail). If you upload it I will play tomorrow before reinstalling my pc...

Stingers, antivirusses, firwalls cant find it. My regedit is blocked, my pc is ultra slow and my antivirusses wont update anymore so I decided to format my pc tomorrow! [kill]

ERIKK
08-10-2005, 18:48
Grs can you please upload the save? I am still blocked by my ISP...

grs
08-10-2005, 19:07
Sorry, I did not read your last post carefully enough.

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif TowerOfBabel_069d.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grs/200510819658_TowerOfBabel_069d.zip)
128.03KB

ERIKK
11-10-2005, 20:36
please keep uploading the saves grs. I am still blocked from my email!

grs
12-10-2005, 19:11
Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif TowerOfBabel_070d.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grs/20051012191126_TowerOfBabel_070d.zip)
128.51KB

ERIKK
16-10-2005, 18:20
grs you send me a TAM save 71 mail which had a pound59.sav (70kb) file in it. Please resend! :)

grs
16-10-2005, 18:31
resent

ERIKK
11-11-2005, 23:13
Hi I just checked the TT and saw this:

30-10-2005 09:02:17 - grs - 72

That's very strange: I havent recieved anything... Please resent grs! :)

grs
09-12-2005, 00:24
Not sure if it it really me holding the save, because I resent it long ago, but I guess this game is deas?

ERIKK
09-12-2005, 09:41
Yes it is AFAIK. I never recieved the save from you.

But I think this game is dead, like all other civ3 games. Nobody is complaining is has halted so long!

Socrates
15-01-2006, 03:54
I'm not complaining because I did that too much in the past already, and people here don't like that (and I myself get tired of doing so). Following grs's decision to retire from the game and open his spoiler, I did the same, and feel free to read your spoilers, if you had any.

This post brings nothing really spectacular, just a clarification.