PDA

View Full Version : I'm a company certified nerd and happy about it!

Beam
07-01-2005, 03:03
This morning I had my annual Performance Appraisal review and it was very positive. [party] As some of you know I was almost made redundant (this is lingo for being laid off) 2 years ago so it really feels good. Even more because the kind of work I've done past year really suits me well and we agreed I should develop more into that in 2005 and on. There were points for improvement of course but there always are.

The talk was with my line manager and the project manager I've been working with past year and we had a very open talk. Since we wanted to express some of the humor on this otherwise quite difficult project we mentioned the Nerdtest (the same we ran here) where I made the highest score of all in the team willing to participate (some in the team didn't want to and I'm sure they would have beaten me period).

Afterwards we had a small chat over a cup of coffee and I explained a little about career plans 7 years ago and how my perspective has changed. While explaining he started laughing and said "We need nerds as well at xxx".

2005 has just started and I can't imagine a line beating this!

Plux
07-01-2005, 11:03
At first I thought the line was "we need nerds as well AS XXX". Maybe you should work a bit on your sex-appeal, beam ;).

But congrats, always nice to get some company credit, albeit only immaterial [rolleyes]

grs
07-01-2005, 11:34
Congrats on this Beam. It alsways feels good if one's work is acknowledged.

col
07-01-2005, 12:13
:thumbsup

Nice one.

Shabbaman
07-01-2005, 12:57
Good news beam, luckily your illness hasn't made a bad impression!

Rik Meleet
07-01-2005, 14:04
XXX-nerd !!

Congrats Beam.

anarres
07-01-2005, 16:14
Congrats on nerd-dom! [lol]