PDA

View Full Version : Match results day 12 season 24

Melifluous
02-01-2005, 22:24
quote:Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 35497 at Meli's Manglers Arena today. Manglers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Paiva - Spreadbury, de Klaver, Carrol - Quigley-Parks, Turner, Davis, Almlius, Bryan - Greenwood, Taylor.

EAGLES1 had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Musialik - Waniczek, Jimack, Spitsbaard - Gustavsson, Hamilton, Martínez, Shih-Liang, Chandra - Furió, Dubuisson.

Manglers seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. EAGLES1 took the lead in the games 14:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Daniel Furió was the scorer. Ian Turner made a superb strike at the goal in the 17:th minute with a long shot coming in from straight in front of the goal, but one of the visitors defenders got a foot in and warded it off to a corner. Andy Quigley-Parks put his head to a well placed ball lifted in from the left and scored the 1 - 1 goal in the 19:th minute. The referee showed Manglerss Adam Davis the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The EAGLES1 player was Bernard Hamilton who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game, but Ruben Jones came in to finish the match. EAGLES1 took the lead in the games 26:th minute with 1 - 2 after some elegant plays down the middle. Patrick Gustavsson was the scorer. Manglers made a substitution in the 28:th minute. Marcelo Paiva limped off the field and was replaced by Sandy Cabezas. Due to some great work on the right wing Manglers:s Erdem de Klaver was able to even the score in the 33rd minute to 2 - 2. Halftime score was 2 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 55 percent possession of the ball.

Manglerss Bill Carrol gave, after 63 minutes, the home team a 3 - 2 lead after an attack coming in from the right. EAGLES1´s Ruben Jones refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 65:th minute. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 73 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Manglers. However, Michal Musialik made a spectacular save. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Manglers´s Stephen Taylor putting the lead up to 4 - 2. After 80 minutes Urban Almlius put Manglers ahead 5 - 2 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. EAGLES1 reduced in the 85:th minute to 5 - 3 as Julio Martínez easily chipped the ball past the home sides keeper on a play from the right. No one team arose to dominate this half, ending in a deadlock.

Manglers´s best player was Walsh Greenwood. Sandy Cabezas on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating EAGLES1 player was without a doubt Michal Musialik. However, Ruben Jones made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 5 - 3.

Cool.

Season over for me.

This was against 2nd place team. Now 11 points clear of second place.

Just need to sail the last 2 matches and 100% the season.

Melifluous

Edited to read day 12 and not day 10 [:p]

English_brit
02-01-2005, 23:44
Nice going. Congrats.

quote:19504 spectators had come to Rectory Lane Megadome this cloudy day. Rowington tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Westbeek - Payne, Edenbratt, Marshall - Saywell, Kinnear, Matsson, Suresh, Rickard - Vereker, Foxworth.

Toffees tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Sauter - Pearson, Lonie, Hickey - Liguori, Attah-Agyeman, Erflod, ¯etecki, Penn - Hollenstein, Aertse.

In the games 11th minute Lee Hickey almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar. Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 22nd minute left Toffees´s Pierre-André Hollenstein completely free to score. 0 - 1 for the visitors. After 30 minutes of play William Vereker equalised for Rowington after an elegant attack from the right. Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 32nd minute left Toffees´s Pierre-André Hollenstein completely free to score. 1 - 2 for the visitors. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 36:th minute Toffees goal, making it 1 - 3. Lee Hickey was noted down as the scorer. 1 - 3 was the half-time score. Toffees, bringing the final ball possession rate to 65 percent, dominated the battle.

Charles Attah-Agyeman increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 4. Puck Aertse´s speed was made justice as he darted past his marker and struck an opening pass to Pierre-André Hollenstein who scored the 1-5 goal. By then Pierre-André Hollenstein was a three time scorer - a hat trick! The structure of the game started to change as Toffees decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Toffees, with an impressive 67 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Rowington player was Matthew Payne. Agnidev Suresh was a disappointment, however. Most important Toffees player was Boles³aw ¯etecki. Marcus Pearson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 5.

I'm in 2nd level 5 of England atm. Got the top team away from home next week. If I win I'll go top going in to the last game of the season. He's got the 3rd placed team away from home in his last game which is more than capable of beating him so if I can win against the top team I'm hopeful of winning the league as I have an easier final game.

quote:
1. Are you Sunderland 12 29 - 8 31
2. Toffee's Utd 12 40 - 19 28
3. Hopes Heroes 12 42 - 26 25

There's my league table as it stands. Fingers crossed I'll win against him my team spirit is high atm so fingers crossed.

ProPain
02-01-2005, 23:53
I had a walk over this week, but I spent a lot of time looking at the match between number 1 and 3.

Number 1 won but with the smallest possible margin of 1-0. Good enough for me, 6 points between me and numbers 3 now.
That should do it for this season, even if we end with the same amount of point my goal difference is much better. (I have +32, both number 3
s have +15)

Also the number 1 team scored 32 stars this week, I scored 33. I'm looking to buy some more reinforcements, so maybe I'm able to draw next week against him.

Kemal
03-01-2005, 00:02
Won very easily, with a record 91% possession for Snaken in the 2nd half, and also a record performance as far as total number of stars is concerned, for the first time breaking the 30 star limit, with a total of 30.5. :)

quote:
8123 spectators arrived at FC De Snaken Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Durzyñski - Meesen, Öztürk, Flores D'Arcais - Struikman, Kajak, Lucado, Hintermayr, Irvine - Harpaz, Böõr.

swift had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Engler - Creutzberg, Kende, D’aguiar, Brito - Lems, Korver, Meygün, Giesen - Gama, Pessegueiro.

Kornel Lems of swift received a yellow card in the 6:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After a fine move down the middle Berke Can Öztürk nearly gave the home side one up in the 20:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Snakens Hadar Harpaz gave, after 36 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 77 percent possession rate.

Snaken put themselves up 2 - 0 when Laurenty Kajak broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. Laurenty Kajak almost managed to score another goal for Snaken, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Baldemar Hintermayr increased Snaken´s lead to 3 - 0 from a penalty spot cannonball. After 71 minutes swift´s Hagai Engler contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 91 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Marcin Durzyñski. Wilm Meesen was a disappointment, however. swift´s best player was Bert Creutzberg. Fahrettin Meygün was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 0.

quote:Originally posted by English_brit

I'm in 2nd level 5 of England atm. Got the top team away from home next week. If I win I'll go top going in to the last game of the season. He's got the 3rd placed team away from home in his last game which is more than capable of beating him so if I can win against the top team I'm hopeful of winning the league as I have an easier final game.

1. Are you Sunderland 12 29 - 8 31
2. Toffee's Utd 12 40 - 19 28
3. Hopes Heroes 12 42 - 26 25

There's my league table as it stands. Fingers crossed I'll win against him my team spirit is high atm so fingers crossed.

Hmm, very tight league indeed, everything is still possible there.
I suggest and advise to take it very easy in your next friendly, whoever you may be up against, and spare all your important players for this crunch match next week.

;)

Shabbaman
03-01-2005, 00:26
Easy 2-0 victory, but a full house of 33.000 visitors for the first time. I'm in 3rd place, tied in points for the first spot. Although I'm pretty sure I'll win the next two matches, I can't close the goal difference.

English_brit
03-01-2005, 00:40
pmsl Kemal. Don't worry it'll be my reserves in midfield in our game.

Nice going PP and Kemal. :)

Shame PP but there's always next season. [surf]

Dell19
03-01-2005, 00:58
Lost 5-1 to the team that are now third in the table. Their rating was 110 when only once have the gone above 100 in the last 5 games previously. We will be MOTSing the next game at home since we need a win after gaining 2 points from the last 4 matches. Our rating from the match was 106.

Bootstoots
03-01-2005, 22:08
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Lumbee Nation Arena saw a crowd turnout of 36000. Warriors had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Roach - Streit, Williams, Larkin - Pool, Pandiani, Pettersson, Dragomiroiu, Gergaud - Marín, Tyler.

Yellow tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Brown - Slipèeviæ, Falbrant, Fernández - Visan, Mahmoud, Biler, Berntsen, Örnbom - Tomlin, Burney.

This was a good period for the visitors with several opportunities to take the lead, in particular when Silvio Biler slipped through the defense to come up alone with Alex Roach - but the home side´s keeper showed some lightning reflex Yellow took the lead after 36 minutes with 0 - 1. Serban Visan placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Fine winger Rickard Örnbom made one of his many passes from the wing into the middle in the 42nd minute. Theodore Burney went to the air and hit the ball firmly with his forehead for 0 - 2. The game had been on for 43 minutes when Theodore Burney broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Yellow´s were up 0 - 3. After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. 0 - 3 was the half-time score. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

The visitors Serban Visan took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 55:th minute. 0 - 4 for Yellow. In the 57:th minute Yellows Gonzalo Fernández received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. In the 76:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 5 as Silvio Biler finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. The referee showed Warriorss Doru Dragomiroiu the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 80:th minute Yellow goal, making it 0 - 6. Billie Tomlin was noted down as the scorer. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 78 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Warriors player was without a doubt Giorgio Pandiani. Jonas Pettersson was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Šimun Slipèeviæ. Theodore Burney on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 6. I crushed my main opponent in the league. This was an MOTS, and I pulled an inadequate (very high) midfield rating, my highest yet. Promotion is now essentially certain; it'll be clinched if I win one of my next two (very easy) games.

English_brit
04-01-2005, 00:16
Cool. :)