Melifluous
27-12-2004, 00:45
quote:Low Trousers FC - Meli's Manglers 2 - 6

View game: HT Live
Date: 26/12/2004 at 18.00
MatchID: 28362925
Arena: Low Trousers FC Arena
Crowd: 2497

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Low Trousers FC Arena saw a crowd turnout of 2497. Trousers started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. Lineup: Judson - Cannell, Zickus, Bhardwaj, Graupner - Mark, Landers, Johnson, Williams - Gray, McKay.

Manglers tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. The following players had been chosen: Paiva - Spreadbury, Carrol, de Klaver - Bryan, Turner, Davis, Quigley-Parks - Greenwood, Taylor, Denezhkina.

Trousers immediately set off pressing their opponents. Manglers mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. In the 3rd minute cheers broke out as Durk Landers found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Trousers. The referee showed Manglerss Mark Bryan the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Trousers's ability to press their opponents all over the field paid off frequently. Manglers were close to putting the equaliser away in the 35:th minute as the opposing defence lost control of the ball in a scuffle in front of the goal, but in the end the ball was cleared over the sideline. Manglers levelled the score in the 35:th minute at 1 - 1, as Bill Carrol struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked. Manglers´s 1 - 2 goal came from a questionable penalty. David Spreadbury struck that one home without a second thought. The referee showed Trouserss Chris Gray the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 2. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

The game had been on for 48 minutes when Adam Davis broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Manglers´s were up 1 - 3. In the 50:th minute Trouserss Dharamendra Bhardwaj received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Erdem de Klaver received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 56:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Manglers´s Adam Davis received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 77:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 1 - 4. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. By now Manglers were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Erdem de Klaver wasn´t fit enough for a full game made several mistakes out of sheer tiredness. One of them was exploited by Paul Graupner who squeezed in 2-4. The visitors Erdem de Klaver took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 79:th minute. 2 - 5 for Manglers. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 82nd minute Manglers goal, making it 2 - 6. Ian Turner was noted down as the scorer. Bill Carrol came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Gordon Judson, hitting the bar. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 77 percent possession rate.

Most important Trousers player was Chris Gray. Peter Zickus on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Walsh Greenwood. Mark Bryan on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 6.

11 from Eleven.

8 points ahead with a possible 9 to go.

Promotion is mine.

Now to make sure that I get automatic promotion.

I can afford a draw but not a loss.

Melifluous

ProPain
27-12-2004, 02:03
quote:A scorching day at Het Biervat, where 23894 spectators were in place for today´s match. Berkeldam had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: García - Slaghekke, Terlingen, Gorter, Stjärnlund, R#380;ysko - Laudrup, Danielsson, Økland, Dove - Pettersson.

PP started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Cohen - Nobbe, Boote, van Zeeland - Kiilerich, van Harsselaar, Schulte, Daemen, Kloppenberg - Beugels, Niezing.

Berkeldams Tavish Dove gave, after 22 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. In the games 31st minute the visitors levelled to 1 - 1 as Rolf Beugels struck home on a bar rebound, following a shot from the right. After 36 minutes PPs Rolf Beugels had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Kelvin de Moll came in instead of him. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Berkeldam, with an impressive 58 percent possession of the ball.

Berkeldam made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Bertil Stjärnlund completely alone with keeper Zeev Cohen, who made a spectacular block. The home side put themselves ahead 2 - 1 in the 64:th by a breakthrough from Patrick Laudrup, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. Allard Boote made a run for the goal in the 84:th minute but the home teams far left defense managed to sort the situation out in the end. Berkeldam, bringing the final ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Berkeldam player was without a doubt Per Økland. Bertil Stjärnlund on the other hand, had a terrible day. PP´s best player was Jarl Kiilerich. Kelvin de Moll on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

A loss, just like last week. Again I score more stars, just like l;ast week. This smells. This is seriously screwing over my promotion chances. I have 3 more matches to go, 1 I'll surely lose (against no1) luckily my contender for promo faces the no1 also. That leaves an easy match and a walk over. Still possible, but very messy....

On top of that my sick bay is overloaded, 6,5,3 weeks. One of my star attackers and a 17 year old winger trainee that needs to be sold among those.

On the bright side, my star winger scored 4,5 stars and I bought a 18 your old excellent keeper today, he scored 4 stars, I'm switching training and he'll be me new cashcow (and star defender for a while too) My 19 year old solid YP will be my 2nd trainee. I'll use the leftover 750K for a new trainer, stadium enhancement and maybe a new attacker/midfielder. But that depends on the sale of my 2 old keepers.

Dell19
27-12-2004, 02:52
I'm having pretty poor results at the moment as well even though I'm getting higher ratings. Two weeks ago was the 4-4 draw at the club bottom of the league and this week was another poor result as we drew 4-4 at home with a team we surely should have won against. They had a slightly better defence but our attack was rated far higher...

Bootstoots
27-12-2004, 06:00
quote:39550 spectators arrived at The Yellow Boot, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Slipèeviæ, Haas, Falbrant - Allesch, Mahmoud, Piñeiro, Biler, Örnbom - Tomlin, Burney.

Worsethan tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. They fielded: Wahl - Keene, Barragán, Brown, Witt, Alonzo - Summers, Weiner, Chi-Thao - Akhtar, Miller.

At the beginning of the game, Yellow appeared to already have taken this victory to the bank. Yellow were very close to putting themselves one up in the 11th minute as Silvio Biler got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Yellow took the lead in the 26:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Billie Tomlin elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Halftime score was 1 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 90 percent possession of the ball.

After 49 minutes Billie Tomlin put Yellow ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. In the games 61st minute Yellow´s Rickard Örnbom fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Rickard Örnbom for taking a dive. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 68 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Yellow. However, Willard Wahl made a spectacular save. The referee showed Yellows Theodore Burney the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Miguel Piñeiro received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 79:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. In the games 84:th minute Worsethan´s Jack Alonzo fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Jack Alonzo for taking a dive. In the 87:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Billie Tomlin dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Yellow. This third goal made a hat trick for Billie Tomlin. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 97 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Shadi Qassem Mahmoud. Theodore Burney on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Worsethan player was Willard Wahl. Kevin Akhtar on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0. My best forward (and the league leader by 14 goals) scored all three of my goals. I think overconfidence here caused me not to score as many goals as usual. Still, it's another shutout win and no players were injured or suspended for the next match. I face the number 2 team next week, which is currently 10-1 but aren't incredibly impressive. I think my MOTS after three consecutive PIC's will give me a very good shot at winning that game. If I win that game, all I'd have to do is win one of two very easy games after that and I'd have autopromotion clinched.

Shabbaman
27-12-2004, 08:53
I won 3-2 to the defending champion. If I win all my remaining matches I'll be champion. Little chance of that though. I'd hoped to sell a forward and get a midfielder, little chance of that now unfortunately.

Kemal
27-12-2004, 11:29
Won 0-4, the championship title seems a certainty now... unfortunately though, a striker from one of the lower positioned teams took over the no1 spot in the topscorers ranking from my midfielder, so I guess I can forget about that bonus at the end of the season.

Kingreno
27-12-2004, 18:57
Had a Walkover. The leagueleaders officialy became champions as they beat the second placed Sparta55. This resulted in the following standings:

quote:1. Overasseltse-boys 11 39 - 11 33

2. Aristocats 11 19 - 8 20
3. hielpen1 11 31 - 22 19
4. Sparta55 11 41 - 26 18
5. VCA1 11 30 - 19 13
6. JKG 11 24 - 26 12

7. Juliana 32 11 30 - 33 12
8. AR4E 11 0 - 69 0

:DMy Second place for me is simply awesome! I conceded only 8 goals this season as well...needless to say my first year in division 6 has brought a lot more then expected!
The next 3 matches are against nr's 7, 4 and 1, in that order.

English_brit
27-12-2004, 22:29
Nice going. :)