PDA

View Full Version : 666, the number of the beast EvB, ** SPOILER **

Beam
25-12-2004, 01:24
71:

Monopoly in Lit.
- Trade Lit, 7 gpt and 86 for Constr. with Iroqs
- Trade Constr. and Lit for Curr. with Japan (no cash involved)
- Trade Constr. and Curr for Poly, MM and 49 with Mongolia.

Acquire Monotheism as free tech. :)
- Trade Mono for 17gpt, 95, RoP and Monarchy with the Iroqs.
- Trade Mono for 598 gold and RoP with Maya. :)
- Gift away Curr. for change or 0.

That's 6 techs, positive gpt and cash, some happy neighbours for the effort of researching Literature. [party]

Erikk did very well in trading / researching as he only needs Construction as mandatory tech for the next age.

Beam
30-12-2004, 23:57
86:

Erikk did a nice catch-up and got Feud as his free tech and traded with some AI to close the gap. His main issue will be that he already is locked in terms of expansion while I can still expand very well in my area.

7 Civs are on the main landmass (ringformed, so similar to the previous map). Germany is a special breed as they are way back in Civscore and unmet. Assuming they are on an island in the quite large inland sea a city just was build on the shore to inspect whats in the waters there.

The map is saturated with luxes, 4 are connected, a 5th within borders and I am hopefull to connect a 6th one in current no-mans land between Russia and the Celts. With cheap libraries and many luxes / food resources build order is Libs > Grans > Markets for the core.

Minimap coming soon.

Beam
01-01-2005, 23:48
Minimap:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/20051123479_minimapnames.jpg
20.19KB

Maya and Iroqs just went to war and I was able to build a city next to Ivory. 6 luxes almost is a reality [party]

Beam
02-01-2005, 00:45
Rushed a galley on the inland sea and it just spotted German borders. Really curious whats there, more next turn.

Beam
02-01-2005, 01:42
Made contact, established an embassy, stopped scrolling units in Eat Me halfway. Is KR experimenting with the AI doing OCC or what?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/20051214229_germans.jpg
118.01KB

Pastorius
02-01-2005, 11:32
Dude. That's weird.

He does have at least 1 settler ready to go it seems, but wth is he up to?

ProPain
02-01-2005, 12:25
once the ai is out of space it will always build a few more settlers and keep them on stock. The fact that one is waiting indicates the Germans are out of room.

Funny he renamed Berlin to Eat me. Nice encouragement to consume that donut.

Eat me can be a nice midway station if you want to launch an attack against someone who's not your direct neighbour.

Beam
03-01-2005, 23:08
110:

Sneaker by the Celts this turn, I've little to counter a mass attack as I just went into Republic and did not yet start to build up forces. The only good thing that can be said is that it is far away from the core but the city attacked has a single lux I don't want to lose!

Beam
04-01-2005, 22:26
115:

2 cities gifted to the Germans to create some buffer for building units. And with the idea in mind I could easily take them back eventually. Decided to concentrate defenses in a city the Celts most likely would attack. Well, the city still speaks Russian but has lost all but defenders. There is a stack of ACs and Gallics at my doorstep and hardly anything to stop them and they are getting fucking close to the core. Only option left is to abandon / gift this city as well and hope for peace soon.

The other bad news is that everybody got Invention in the IT and Russia got it just after that. So no possibility to trade for Theo. This just isn't looking very good.

Beam
05-01-2005, 19:32
117:

Still can't talk with the Celts, almost all units are dead including the rushed ones. A Maya unit also entered the stage next an empty city. If I can't make peace with Celts next turn OR (this isn't a typo) Maya declare it is game over. [cry]

Kingreno
05-01-2005, 20:20
These harsch measures demand screenies! [rant]

ERIKK
05-01-2005, 20:24
darn...., this sucks, I liked this game and map very much :(

Kingreno
05-01-2005, 20:36
So it is over???

[cry][cry][cry][cry]You did not even get to your UU's, which had realy funny names!

Beam
05-01-2005, 20:41
Well, one screenie will do. The others would be stats, those are / were pretty good for the state of the game.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/200515203716_theendsmall.jpg
183.97KB

Two core cities are undefendable and with that the W-side of the empire is gone. As you can see most cities are empty. I've rushing Knights (where markets / libs were build) and Pikes.

Even if Celts want to talk next turn a peace deal will be a massive drain on financial resources. I tried to by Japan into the war but only does turn could I make an offer they want to discuss.

Real pity for erikk as he has put a lot of energy in this game and is sad it ends this way. I explained to him this isn't going to be fun to continue.

Banzai
05-01-2005, 22:17
Ouch!
Thats really bad luck!
Game #7 will be your revenge though... right?

Banzai!