PDA

View Full Version : Cup Round 2 Results

Melifluous
21-12-2004, 23:07
Well this was a great game from my point of view.

quote: Meli's Manglers - Chemists 5 - 2
The crowd of 1741 turning up at Melis Manglers Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Manglers tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Cabezas - Venkataraman, Radley, Watson - Quigley-Parks, Rouvé, Almlius, Hobson - Mason, Carroll, Young.

Chemists had chosen a strategic 4-3-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Fugate - Parker, Norris, Cueto, Beal - Dobbins, Stoleru, Ochoa - Saint-Onge, Spencer, Stein.

Manglers mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Chemists seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Manglers took the lead in the 13th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Bart Young elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. In the 15:th minute Manglers put themselves up 2 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Bart Young coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. In the 21st minute Chemistss Robin Saint-Onge received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. After 23 minutes Chemistss Carlos Cueto had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Mao Manh-Dung came in instead of him. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Manglers´s Oskar Rouvé putting the lead up to 3 - 0. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Manglers´s Bart Young putting the lead up to 4 - 0. By then Bart Young was a three time scorer - a hat trick! The structure of the game started to change as Manglers decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. 37 minutes into the game Roddy Carroll had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Bill Carrol. Manglers appeared unsure on how to play and their organisation was only solid. 4 - 0 was the half-time score. Chemists, bringing the final ball possession rate to 53 percent, dominated the battle.

The Manglers players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization and regained a solid organisation. The visitors replied in the games 58:th minute, scoring the 4 - 1 goal, as Gene Stein broke through from the left, easily lobbing the ball over the home teams keeper. Manglers had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to inadequate. Chemists breathed new life into the game with an opportunity to reduce the score in the 84:th minute, but the home side´s defenders cleared the ball on the line, after a long shot coming in from the left, rebounding off the crossbar. Robin Saint-Onge of Chemists got sent off for kicking the ball after the whistle, a completely uncalled for move, earning him his second yellow card of the game. In the 86:th minute the excellent ball from the wing byRich Dobbins reached Jackie Spencer's head, and he is not one to miss such an opportunity - 4 - 2. The referee showed Chemistss Burt Parker the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. FINISHED

Or was it?

5-2 it says, but surely only 4 goals were scored on my part.

A minute later the last minute is revealed as this...

quote:Mao Manh-Dung was suffering from cramps and had big difficulties keeping up as the opponentes pushed forward. Aatmaj Venkataraman had no problems getting through and hit home the 5 - 2 goal. The visitors got a chance of pulling one back in the 90:th minute, due to a defensive blunder leaving Rich Dobbins completely unmarked. His strike was pathetic though, easy prey for the home side´s keeper. Manglers seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the weak level of organisation. Chemists kept trying to force their way through on the right side. Gene Stein got his chance in the 90:th minute, but the home sides left defence held his position and was able to stop the attack. Jackie Spencer of Chemists received a yellow card in the 90:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Chemists held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

Freaky huh? How much can happen in the last minute?

Melifluous

Oh and I so owned your ass... 53% and then 65% and I kicked your ass!

lalalalalala!

akots
21-12-2004, 23:15
Well, you virtually killed one of my best defenders (Carlos Cueto). He is having 4+ injury. Hope players don't die in hattrick. But it will take him at least 5 weeks to recover. Also, poor Robin Saint-Onge got his first yellow card and then another one. He was a very good guy and never did anything wrong in about 12 preceding matches he was fielded. Overall, I think the most important was the rain. I know my midfield and wingers are doing OK in rain but defenders and forwards which were fielded in this game in most cases are playing really badly in bad weather. But your guys had a lot of confusion. Why is that?

Melifluous
21-12-2004, 23:20
quote:Originally posted by akots

But your guys had a lot of confusion. Why is that?

Not sure about that, not had it before, but most of my players have never used AiM before, only my first team normally play that way.

If its any consolation, I've been losing forwards to injury a lot, and this time it was no different.

Roddy Carroll (PPs favourite Chelski player) is now out for 3+ weeks.

Good game though ;)

Melifluous

Dell19
22-12-2004, 00:18
My injury specialty is defenders at the moment with two defenders out injured and the poor wingback out as well with his substitute getting half a star.

Was an interesting game though. Shame we lost it heavily in the second half to lose 4-6 in the end after leading 3-1 at one point.

English_brit
22-12-2004, 00:20
quote:Toffee's Utd - Shabba FC 1 - 2

View game: HT Live
Date: 21/12/2004 at 21.00
MatchID: 30845307
Arena: Toffees Utd Arena
Crowd: 2322

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Toffees Utd Arena saw a crowd turnout of 2322. Toffees started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: MacFadyen - Hickey, Williams, Lonie - Ayala, #379;etecki, Fujishiro, Munz, Liguori - McLean, Edwards.

Shabba started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Hese - Ramsaur, Bobeicã, Günebakan - Tielens, Decker, Hamers, Romano, de Ruijsscher - Delahaye, Rothhult.

The referee showed Toffeess Christopher McLean the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Many thought Lee Hickey ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 25:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper David Hese. 33 minutes into the game, Niels Decker finished off a left wing counter attack, scoring 0 - 1 for Shabba. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Toffees´s Oscar Ayala got himself booked. Shabba had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to weak. 0 - 1 was the half-time score. Toffees held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.

During the break Shabba´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again, getting them up to passable organisation. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 63rd minute Shabba goal, making it 0 - 2. Philibert Delahaye was noted down as the scorer. By now Shabba were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Shabba seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the weak level of organisation. A marvelous Toffees effort to the right resulted in a 66:th minute goal by Christopher McLean, putting the score up to 1 - 2. Christopher McLean made a superb strike at the goal in the 78:th minute with a long shot coming in from straight in front of the goal, but one of the visitors defenders got a foot in and warded it off to a corner. The defense of Shabba resulted in a counterattack that gave Matthijs Hamers a good look at the goal, but his shot glanced harmlessly off the crossbar. Shabbas Nica Bobeicã got himself booked after a foul. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Toffees´s Boles#322;aw #379;etecki got himself booked. Shabba´s Matthijs Hamers refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 88:th minute. Toffees held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

Toffees´s best player was Boles#322;aw #379;etecki. Piero Liguori on the other hand, had a terrible day. Shabba´s best player was Philibert Delahaye. However, Matthijs Hamers made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 2.

I did well on posession but his superior attack beat me. :( lol

He went for a 3-5-2 when I was expecting a 3-4-3 aswell which worked well against me. Nice tactics Shabba. Congrats. :)

ProPain
22-12-2004, 00:52
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous
Roddy Carroll (PPs favourite Chelski player) is now out for 3+ weeks.

Good game though ;)

Melifluous

Ah yes Roddy Carroll. And I see his injurie led to him to neglect his professional football attutide

http://www.pixeldocks.com/bilder/tobiasschmidt/rudi.jpg

Luckily we still have this pic.
http://www.seelust.de/images/ga-Carrell1.jpg

yndy
22-12-2004, 06:37
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Freaky huh? How much can happen in the last minute?

It was not confirmed by HT-guys but it seems that the last minute of each half actually includes overtime, as many times several things happen in minute 45 or 90. Still, in general the minute when something happen in the game is often a bit weird and looks to random.

Shabbaman
22-12-2004, 11:07
quote:Originally posted by English_brit
He went for a 3-5-2 when I was expecting a 3-4-3 aswell which worked well against me. Nice tactics Shabba. Congrats. :)

Well, it wasn't intentional. I forgot that the match was on tuesday, so I hadn't entered my definite line up. But your second team is really strong btw. A 4 star midfielder?

Kemal
22-12-2004, 12:39
Well, just wait to you see the other group A participant Yellow Boots (which I will be getting trounced by tonight...), in his game vs yndy they both got to weak midfields.. in a friendly! [cry]

Håkon
22-12-2004, 18:01
quote:Dynamo Morpork - Acorazado Fuerte 1-1

At Treacle Mine Road, 1542 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Dynamo started off with a 5-3-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Vold - Lisle, Raybaudi-Massili, Sørensen, Larsen, Remmel - Jensen, Andersen, Orenen - Olafsen, Haugland.

Acorazado started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Adolfsson - Hoekstra, van Haaften, Kal - Puerta, Brouwers, Geijtenbeek, van der Arend - Merhottein, Onofras, Leinov.

In the games 6:th minute Mart Brouwers almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar. The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 11th by a breakthrough from Jan Olafsen, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. Thijs Geijtenbeek made a run for the goal in the 12th minute but the home teams far left defense managed to sort the situation out in the end. In the games 16:th minute Acorazado´s Thijs Geijtenbeek fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Thijs Geijtenbeek for taking a dive. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Acorazado held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

The visitors equaliser seemed sure to come in the 62nd minute, following a one on one situation, but Roar Vold got the best of it, blocking the shot. Thijs Geijtenbeek almost scored an equalising goal for Acorazado in the 82nd minute, but Roar Vold made an excellent save, tipping the awkwardly curled shot past the post. Scottie Raybaudi-Massilia of Dynamo received a yellow card in the 82nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The visitors didn´t give in and after 84 minutes Erik Merhottein got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 1 - 1. In the games 84:th minute Acorazado´s Frank Kal missed an opportunity to put his team one up from the penalty spot, later claiming that ”the floodlights blinded him”. Acorazado, bringing the final ball possession rate to 53 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Dynamo player was without a doubt Kjell Sørensen. Ove Haugland on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Acorazado player was without a doubt Stefan Adolfsson. Shalom Leinov was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 1.

I was lucky... :)

English_brit
22-12-2004, 18:10
That 4 star midfielder was from my first team. I had a very tough league game which I was trying to win by playing that 4 star play WTM so I had to play him again in the centre to get full training for the week.

Atm I've got 2 outstanding 2 formidable 1 excellent and 1 solid trainee.

Schip
22-12-2004, 21:07
Hakon, you were. good game, though. Frank Kal mist 3 penalties in the last 2 matches he played. Needless to say we want see him around for very long.

Swingue
23-12-2004, 00:08
Close call in Group B: Swingstars - Aristocats 2-1

quote:
View game: HT Live
Date: 22-12-2004 at 17:30
MatchID: 30860832
Arena: SwingStars Arena
Crowd: 919

919 spectators had come to SwingStars Arena this cloudy day. SwingStars had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Garben - Brandse, Haagsman, de Greef - Knoester, Kuiper, Heil, Veraar, Arkesteijn - Fiume, Sauter.

Aristocats had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. They fielded: Saranpää - Angelle, van den Burg, Gaastra, Vink, Al-Mahmoud - Dalhuizen, Thöny, Villar - Wagenaar, Spiekeman.

SwingStars tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Aristocats showed their counterattack skill in the 27:th minute, with Timmy Vink scoring uncontested for 0 - 1. The referee showed SwingStarss Joep Knoester the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Due to a severely mistimed tackle, Johnny Angelle spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. Rouven Thöny of Aristocats received a yellow card in the 30:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After a scuffle in the guest´s penalty area the home team were awarded a 32nd minute penalty. Tsjipke Arkesteijn equalised to 1 - 1. Roderick Wagenaar of Aristocats received a yellow card in the 34:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. SwingStars could have put themselves ahead in the 41st minute as Olaf Erik Sauter missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Halftime score was 1 - 1. SwingStars held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

46 minutes into the game a free kick combination hooked into the box almost resulted in the home team taking the lead, but the last header went wide. Danny Brandse of SwingStars received a yellow card in the 52nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. SwingStars could have put themselves ahead in the 69:th minute as Vic Fiume missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Wout van den Burg of Aristocats received a yellow card in the 74:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After 75 minutes SwingStars´s Bram Veraar contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Many thought Tsjipke Arkesteijn ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 76:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Asmo Saranpää. Timmy Vink got left behind when SwingStars´s Olaf Erik Sauter made a sudden pull forward in the 80:th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 2-1! Olaf Erik Sauter almost managed to score another goal for SwingStars, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by SwingStars, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating SwingStars player was without a doubt Joep Knoester. However, Vincent Heil made a disastrous appearance. Aristocats´s best player was Ger Gaastra. Eric Spiekeman was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 1.

Bootstoots
23-12-2004, 03:24
quote:
2852 spectators had come to The Yellow Boot this cloudy day. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Paulsson - Haas, Knott, Hawkins - Pilar, Righetti, Villar, Biler, Visan - Lara, Ivan.

Snaken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mi³ek - Poorter, Turbiarz, Öztürk - Ruijg, Kajak, Lucado, Fjällander, Flores D'Arcais - Vaudroz, Sánchez.

Randy Knott gave his Yellow the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Snaken´s Diego Flores D'Arcais got himself booked. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 18 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Yellow. However, Stanis³aw Mi³ek made a spectacular save. Joakim Fjällander behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 30:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. In the games 32nd minute Snaken´s Joakim Fjällander fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Joakim Fjällander for taking a dive. After 36 minutes Ovidiu Ivan put Yellow ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Halftime score was 2 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 69 percent possession of the ball.

The referee showed Snakens Laurenty Kajak the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Jonny Paulsson the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so Povl Skaarup had to come off the bench. Yellow´s Randy Knott had an excellent opportunity in the 61st minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! In the 63rd minute Snakens Florian Lucado received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Due to a severely mistimed tackle, Randy Knott spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. The home side´s Tomislav Pilar came close to extending the lead in the 65:th minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Stanis³aw Mi³ek managed saving with a fingernail. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 3 - 0. Ovidiu Ivan finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 70 percent, dominated the battle.

Yellow´s best player was Silvio Biler. Povl Skaarup on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Berke Can Öztürk. Carl Vaudroz on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0. Fairly solid win for me, though I did have a keeper replaced with a backup midfielder (who got 0 stars, but he kept a clean sheet). Kemal did do fairly well, and did easily beat me in defense ratings, but he was on the receiving end of my highest midfield rating ever. Attendance was definitely good, despite the cloud cover. :D

yndy
23-12-2004, 07:29
I can't figure out how I lost at Elsaak but it sure turns out that our group is very close and also that I won't get in the finals.

Kemal
23-12-2004, 09:46
Yeah, the attendance sure was a nice financial boon compared to (at least my own) usual friendly crowd revenues. In the end, I'm happy with the 3-0 loss and no injuries, there was no way I could have ever won that game I'm afraid...

Yellow Boots midfield: "inadequate (high)".. [eek]

Shabbaman
23-12-2004, 10:18
quote:Originally posted by yndy

I can't figure out how I lost at Elsaak but it sure turns out that our group is very close and also that I won't get in the finals.

I think he listed his first team.

socralynnek
23-12-2004, 11:20
Lost 1 to 4 against PP SV.
But at least, it was 1-1 at halftime.

Have to concentrate on my league. I am hird with 3points to the second, and I'm playing an away game at the leader's stadium, who can make a big step towards promotion.
Will be hard, but maybe afterwards I can field my best team for the cup (not really because I don't want to lose fans)