PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER - The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire

prettyvacant
14-04-2003, 00:16
Game closed[cry]

Game started today thanks to the kind offices of Dr Alimentado making a map. Soon as I've worked out how to show a start position whilst avoiding that really annoying sideways scrolling I will do so.

prettyvacant
14-04-2003, 22:52
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/prettyvacant/2003414213210_chinaa.JPG
31.55*KB

Start position by river with cow and grapes - thank you Dr. Al.

Standard map, continents, Monarch. The Glorious Chinese against Pleb Zero of the Romans and 5 AI, Cleo, Joan, Alex, Tem and Liz.

First decision where to found Singapore Noodle. I really want to get the grapes in but will only do this if I move. First priority anyway to irrigate the cow (http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Eafleay/cow/) - always irrigate cow IMVHO in answer to Meli's thread on subject. Although I know irrigation goes through towns, like roads, what I don't know is if I stick the town between the cow and the river, can I then irrigate the cow. Rather than looking a complete idiot, and wasting a move if it doesn't work, build town where settler is, move worker to square between cow and river to irrigate, and then irrigate cow. Fortunately Chinese have good workers.

Three warriors, science max on pottery, pre-building granary. Warrior has popped one hut so far and it contained some really useful maps!

DrAlimentado
14-04-2003, 23:32
quote:Originally posted by prettyvacant

if I stick the town between the cow and the river, can I then irrigate the cow.

yes! :D

digger760
15-04-2003, 08:49
I thought you were going to move for the grapes, but then based you decision on weather or not you could irrigate through the town. Which you could have done from either spot.[smokin]

[EDIT...hmmm re-read that...sounds like a case or sore looser...not intended... I liked[crazyeye] loosing ...why did'nt you go for the wines?]

prettyvacant
15-04-2003, 20:31
quote:Originally posted by digger760

I thought you were going to move for the grapes, but then based you decision on weather or not you could irrigate through the town. Which you could have done from either spot.[smokin]

[EDIT...hmmm re-read that...sounds like a case or sore looser...not intended... I liked[crazyeye] loosing ...why did'nt you go for the wines?]

Decision based entirely (and incorrectly) on starting asap. Even over getting the wines, as thought theyll come along soon enough. Ok I admit if I did this again I'd move settler towards wines, and move worker straight to cows.

Don't worry about sounding like a sore loser; I'll just try and avoid sounding like a smug winner. Wasnt it Paul Newman who said "show me a good loser, and i'll show you a loser". Anyway, when you've seen a few turns of me playing you'll start to think - "how did I lose to this guy"!!"[???]

prettyvacant
05-05-2003, 09:29
This game is dead as I cant get any replies from Rome.[cry]

anarres
05-05-2003, 16:42
Who was Rome?

prettyvacant
05-05-2003, 16:57
see above (he he)

actually it was pleb - who is on the ladder, and who i believe emailed pp/mel re registering this game - hence my comments in the dead games topic started by aggie

dharms
11-06-2003, 00:48
How do I get to play a 1 vs 1 game here?
I registered. I will play anyone.
Someone send me an email:
dharms@snet.net

Thx. Dave (Thumpper)

prettyvacant
11-06-2003, 20:13
i have sent an email but also try this

link to find an opponent topic (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=35)