PDA

View Full Version : 101 PBEM ***SPOILER***

akots
09-12-2004, 05:12
Not for E-man or Kuningas. Please, these two, stop now and turn away.

This is PBEM played at CFC with Mesoamerican conquests. I'm Aztec, Kuningas is Inca, and E-man is Maya. This is the first PBEM of E-man. Difficulty is Deity and we play with 3 AI (Moche, Toltecs, and Olmecs) using Aggie's ruleset. Also with patched barbarians. This is a promising but insane map. With dead-end tech tree and best attacker 5.3.2 (Silent Hunter, stealth) and no artillery, it would be virtually impossible to achieve a military win over the Deity AI even with armies. So, the only hope can be culutral victory with worker sacrifices or some Wonders. Rather insane idea imo. But this is a decent company. So, even if I lose, no big deal. Since both Kuningas and E-man are obviously substantially stronger players than me.

Each one of us agreed to post a spoiler and refresh it every 10 turns or so. And game is moving well even though E-man is stuck in some highland hotel in Mexico.

This is situation on turn 3. Barbarians suck!!

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/akots/20041295111_101PBEM-03.JPG
92.75KB

Loulong
18-02-2005, 14:57
Any news since that ?

Refreshing every 10 turns... Hummm !

akots
18-02-2005, 18:07
There is not much going on in this one, but I'll update it as soon as turn 52 comes.

akots
20-02-2005, 07:19
So far, it has been a builder game. Aztec, which I play, are neither industrious nor some other positive features they possess, just religious fanatics and militaristic blood-sucking maniacs with weird UU 2/1/2 which costs 40 shields but has enslave ability. And slaves can be sacrificed to gain culture. So, the plan was to revolt to Monarchy ASAP, build a few of them, hammer on Deity AI, get some slaves and kill them all to gain a culutral victory in Teno. Not that it is not going very well but the starting landmass is rather cosy, AIs are rather weak for Deity and I can reasonably reach to make contact only with Toltecs, Olmecs, and Maya played by E-man with which I am at war from essentially the very beginning. Barbs are abundant and they suck.

Here is current layout - turn 52:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/akots/200522071847_101PBEM-t52b.JPG
128.74KB

Good thing that I had an elite archer who sneaked to make contact with Toltecs through Olmecs but encountered Mayan Javeliner. E-man is still in Despotism, so I thought to trigger him Despotic Golden Age while mine will happen in Monarchy. At least some advantage however minor it is. but my elite archer won, moreover, I got MGL. You can see honorable Ahuitzotl running for cover to the homeland. Hopefully, he can make it.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/akots/200522071531_101PBEM-t52a.JPG
84.75KB

bed_head7
29-04-2005, 08:41
What happened?

Pastorius
29-04-2005, 09:22
I think it went down like this:

What happen?
Somebody set up us the bomb.
We get signal
What !
Main screen turn on.
It's you !!
How are you gentlemen !!
All your base are belong to us.
You are on the way to destruction.
What you say !!
You have no chance to survive make your time.
Ha Ha Ha Ha ....
Captain !!
Take off every 'Zig'!!
You know what you doing.
Move 'Zig'.
For great justice.

akots
12-05-2005, 03:03
I'll update on turn 100 which hopefully should be around soon.

akots
03-06-2005, 09:30
The game has unexpectedly ended on turn 108. I have received a password from E-man and once I receive password from Kuningas, I will examine the saves and update the spoiler with final picture.

To put it short, E-man was stuck and had to wage war on both fronts against Aztec and Inca. So, he gave up, gifted all his cities to Inca (just to upset me apparently [lol]; somebody had to be upset after all :)) and Kinungas got over the Dominatino limit.

Must admit Kuningas was number one almost in everything with me being number two in most areas and number one in some while E-man was solid number three and his chance was minimal.

I expected more bloodshed from this game and brutal warfare or massive sacrifices, so that is the only disappointment. Otherwise it was a funny match.

EMan
05-06-2005, 05:47
This was my first PBEM game (I usually stick to CFC's Hall-Of-Fame and Game-Of-The-Month challenges) and was a lot of fun. I thought both akots and Kuningas played smart games....whereas I, being stuck in the middle, played a rather speculative, even dubious game. [blush2]

My plan was to go for a Cultural Victory......using Slave sacrifices and getting slaves from the barbarian camps and the AIs' towns. We were supposed to be playing on Deity level, which made me think the AI would be fairly strong, or at least numerous.......a reason for the cultural victory decision in the first place! (viz. Farming for enslaved workers.) It turned out, for some reason, we were playing a Regent-Level game and the AI rolled over at the first opportunity.

After a bit of bad luck in my early confrontations with akots......did he tell y'all about the massacre of my 8 slaves?...I really wasn't sure what kind of win to go for. I know akots with the Aztecs would have to expand from the North into my teritory and Kuningas with the Incas would come at me from the South. The only trump card I had was that akots and Kuningas couldn't communicate with each other.....I made sure of that. Perhaps one of them could have sent an expensive (and otherwise useless ship) to the other's borders.

Then I thought....Hmmm....Incas are a long way off.....no battles.....just cruising along...........to have any chance here, need to make a deal with akots (Aztecs). I figured he had NO, ZERO, NONE chance of winning unless he attacked me to the South OR made an alliance with me against Kuningas, who was cruising along to a Domination Victory, AND was also leading in Culture (City & Civ)!

Since I had put all my eggs in the non-science-research-basket not wanting to waste money on techs I didn't need for a cultural win, I had to churn out archers to attack akots if he made a move or I attacked him.

In the Late(?) Game, I was hoping akots would see there was no way to win.......I had about 50 military units, good defensive positions on my northern border, and was churning out a few more units every turn. So, the plan was to ally with akots against Kuningas who was expanding and cruising to a Dom Win. Akots somehow though he could erase me AND then go on to beat Kuningas.

I thought if we combined forces, we could immediately head South and try to stop Kuningas in his tracks and avert his Dom Win. (There would have been plenty of battles, akots!!)

Since akots was only offering me a "Slow Death" option I went to Kuningas and offered him an instant Pain-Free Dom Win! He turned me Down!!.....I couldn't believe it!

I thought: "Hey, am I breeching some Rule Of PBEM Etiquette here....or Missing something?" [confused]

Anyways, I waited a few turns to see if akots would attack and realize his only chance was to ally with me against Kuningas. Nothing happened. So I went to Kuningas with a formal Peach Treaty: Offered him all my cities-1 for Peace and an instant Dom Win. This time he took it!!

Footnote: I probably shouldn't even tell you this akots....BUT....if Kuningas had declined my offer AGAIN, I was going to ally with you against him...........and then offer you my cities if and when he had been defeated.......This way you would not have had to worry about what would happen after Kuningas was defeated........since you had already rejected my "Coin Toss" idea!

When Kuningas accepted my offer, I immediately emailed him the response of "Good Choice"! Congratulations Kuningas.

It was a fun game guys. Well Played.....You are 2 Tough Opponents!!

Best Regards, EMan.