PDA

View Full Version : Daily contest 2 - December 2004

akots
04-12-2004, 04:56
This thread will have three new problem chess position to solve every week. It will be a contest number 2 with points similar to what it was before. You can pm the answer to it to akots no later than indicated deadline. User to which pm the answers will be indicated for each problem but it is akots by default. All who answer correctly, will receive one or more points. At the end of the month, the player with the highest number of points will be announced as the contest champion and his name will be entered in the Hall of Champions.

Please note that solution does not have to be a mate in 2 or 3 or 4 moves. It might be just finding a beautiful combination or winning substantial material from a certain position.

We also assume that there is no cheating including use of chess programs such as Chessmaster, Fritz etc. Sure, they can beat Kasparov. Moreover, there is no way to control whether the program has been used. And this contest is rather simple. Lets try to think with the brain!

Also, if somebody has interesting problems, please send them to krys or me, we'll just check them out for consistency and assign how many points they cost and then use in the contest as well!

akots
04-12-2004, 04:57
Sorry for the delay in updating, I guess now the forum is essentially functional. The new problems are coming soon (as soon as I can upload the files).

akots
04-12-2004, 04:58
There are too few submissions for the current contest. Please, at least you have to try!

akots
04-12-2004, 04:58
Current ranking after second series:

Banzai - 2 points
Barbu - 2 points
col - 1 point
Rik - 1 point

Round 2
There were 3 submissions from Banzai, Rik, and barbu. All three got the problem number 4 right. Solutions is in the corresponding thread:http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2107&whichpage=4

ProPain
17-12-2004, 11:44
uploading your directory as I post, your pics will be online in 5 mins.

ProPain
17-12-2004, 11:48
voila