PDA

View Full Version : CDZ Cup 4th Edition sign-up and discussion thread

yndy
14-11-2004, 15:11
[shout]Welcome at the fourth edition of the CDZ Cup. We are now open for registration for the Cup which will start on 14 December (Tuesday) and is to last for a maximum of 7 weeks. Again, I will try to schedule the cup so that the last game(s) can be played in the first of the off-season weeks when most people can field their top players.

I am listing the people that are invited, please confirm your participation here or by HT-mail to Yndy_ (Chimica Târnãveni). Anyone from CDZ or CFC is invited, just list your name and team in this thread and you are in.

Since it appears that the number of participants is about to increase I am going to list here the rules of the competition as well :
* You need to have an active team in Hattrick [jump];
* You need to register by listing your name and team in this thread by 3 December 2004; there is no limit on the number of participants [invasion];
* The games will be played as international friendlies and booked accordingly in Hattrick [duelist];
* Challenges can be issued by any of the two teams scheduled to play a game as soon as allowed [charge];
* Challenges should be accepted by Sunday evening [ninja];
* If a game is not set up by Sunday evening, the participants will be contacted on Monday and are expected to provide details of the situation [medic];
* The deadline for setting up a match is Monday 23:59 GMT. After the deadline, the team in default will lose the game 5 – 0 and the other team is allowed to set up any other friendly [mad3];
* The first stage will be a league stage and games will be played as ‘normal’ friendlies [rifle];
* The following stages will be knock-out stages and will be played as friendlies ‘with Cup rules’ [mgun];
* The purpose of the Cup is to give every team 7 friendly games, there are no eliminations from the cup and everybody plays until the end [shoot];
* The first two (or three) teams in each group will qualify for several knock-out stages and one of them will be the Cup winner[dance];
* Teams that have not finished in the top 2 (3) in the league stage will still qualify to the knock-out stages which will determine their final ranking in the Cup [wavey];
* The makeup of each group will be drawn between 3 and 7 December 2004 when the format of the Cup will be finalized [joker];
* It is possible to have limitations in the structure of the groups and rebalancing of home/away games with the purpose to have international groups and a relatively balanced number of home/away games [blink];
* There will be no rebalancing of the home/away games in the knock-out stages [coool];
* The calendar for the games will be made available by 7 December [guns].

[b]Confirmed:
1. Chimica Târnaveni (Yndy)
2. FC De Snaken (Kemal)
3. PP SV (ProPain)
4. Wartham United (Dell19)
5. Shabba FC (Shabbaman)
6. Aristocats (Kingreno)
7. Meli’s Manglers (Melifluous)
8. Chemists (akots)
9. Dom Ducks (Pluxx)
10. Acorazado Fuerte (Schip)
11. Elsaak FC (Elsaak)
12. Yellow Boots (Bootstoots)
13. Spartak Wagneningen (Q)
14. SwingStars (Swingue)
15. FC Suca (ciuly)
16. Toffee's Utd (english_brit)
17. Dynamo Morpork (Hakon)
18. Grasshoppers Elm (socralynnek)

Declined
* FC Cruise
* Codrutul Doicesti

If others are interested please post in this thread. Suggestions welcome as always.

Kemal
14-11-2004, 15:45
FC De Snaken reporting in to confirm their participation.

Will be tough I think to do better than I did in the 3rd edition of the cup, with all teams getting stronger, and the increase in participants.. but since I'm finally no longer haunted by the curse of the stamina gambit (i.e. wretched form), De Snaken will go for no less than an improvement of our last edition's ranking. :)

ProPain
14-11-2004, 15:53
PP SV is ready for the 4th round.

We would love to reach 3rd place again, but the competition is hard so I dont know if it's feasable.

Dell19
14-11-2004, 16:32
Hopefully I can improve on last season's run of winning 2 games.

I.e. I'm in again :)

Shabbaman
14-11-2004, 17:13
I'm in.

Kingreno
14-11-2004, 17:18
I am in as well! Thumbs up again for doing this Yndy.

Melifluous
14-11-2004, 17:27
Excellent!

Count me in. ;)

Melifluous

akots
14-11-2004, 18:45
I'm certainly in! Looking forward to exciting matches!

Plux
14-11-2004, 19:56
I'm in! :)

Schip
14-11-2004, 23:22
Ready for duty [charge]

Elsaak
15-11-2004, 08:15
hello everybody
I'm new here, coming from CFC

I'm in the CDZ, if you're ok...
Elsaak FC (298745)
France / Dom-Tom / VI.956

yndy
15-11-2004, 12:25
Welcome to CDZ and the hattrick forum Elsaak.

Bootstoots
15-11-2004, 23:33
Yellow Boots are in!

Cruise
16-11-2004, 10:47
I will likely play another friendly cup. Sorry :(

yndy
16-11-2004, 13:11
Sorry you couldn't join Cruise :(. The good side is that everyone else stands a higher chance of winning.

Q
19-11-2004, 08:38
The 8th place 3rd edition team Spartak Wageningen is also in!

ciuly
22-11-2004, 19:15
I'm in with FC Suca.

Please post team ID as well please. FC Suca (183165)

Swingue
22-11-2004, 19:36
Great I am in again.
Let's see if I can do better this time

English_brit
23-11-2004, 02:00
Hey, thanks for the Hattrick mail Yndy. Any chance I can play in the Cup?

yndy
23-11-2004, 05:01
You are all welcome.

socralynnek
29-11-2004, 11:14
I also want to check-in.
(Coming from CFC)

Name: socralynnek
Team: Grasshoppers Elm
Germany

Post team ID as well please. Grasshoppers Elm (524416)

yndy
30-11-2004, 15:17
18 teams so far and 3 days to go. It looks like it will be a 3 X 6 schedule with 3 groups and 5 matches in each group which will leave room for only 2 knock-out rounds.

Still if we get more joiners in the last minute we'll change that to 4 X 5 schedule which has the advantage of 3 knock-out rounds but also games between teams from different groups which add to the complexity of the schedule.

We still have the options of 3 X 7 and 4 X 6 as back-up but probably it will not be the case.

Schip
30-11-2004, 16:46
Yes, well I don't really care what the format will be. I would however advocate to start the next edition sooner in the season, so that we can have a bigger cup. I understand that people are still playing their national cups, but after about for weeks that'll be over for most of us. Others that want to join but are still in their national cup could flow in later (just like in the Dutch KNVB cup). Just my 2 cents.

PS I'm really looking forward to the 4th edition!

Shabbaman
30-11-2004, 17:12
Who's still playing cup matches then?

Kemal
30-11-2004, 17:38
If the number of participants keeps growing per edition like has been the case up to now, Schip's idea seems like a good one to me, there will probably be not many people playing in the national cups for too long, and if we don't start early, arranging the later stages of the cup becomes more and more difficult.
It is disappointing if the amount of participants will lead to a decrease in knockout matches, though I do understand the reasoning behind it. Hopefully there will be a possibility of more groups, allowing for more matches to be played after the group stages, as I think those are just more fun to play.

Melifluous
30-11-2004, 19:04
So how about instead of 3 x 6teams.

6 lots of 3 teams, playing both the other members in each group home and away?

Then the winners of each group plus the 2 highest 2nd placers go though to the 3 rounds of knockout?

Or course I'm not so sure about how Yndy was going to deal with the not quite winners (I dont like the word loser) of the groups before, but he can do the same with these after?

Would be the same number of matches I think...

My 2 cents, this is a discussion thread right?

Melifluous

Schip
30-11-2004, 22:37
@Shabbaman: Nobody I think. In fact I meant that most of us (if not all) haven't been playing cupmatches for 3 to 4 weeks now. That's why I would like to start next edition a few weeks earlier. And i would still like to include the stronger teams that stay in their cup for 4+ rounds. So we need a solution for that (as they do with championsleague teams ending in 3th place in the first round going to UEFA cup)

@all: I personally really liked the 3th CDZ cup setup where everybody could play untill the end. I think we should keep it that way, which means a 'semi-' knockout phase (losing teams play eachother)

yndy
01-12-2004, 09:52
Re: starting sooner: The idea behind starting late is to have the last match in between seasons so that we can all play our best teams. But it's not like it 'has' to be like that. With the increase in the number of players we could start in week 5 next season which would allow us to play up to 10 rounds of matches. However, I think we shouldn't extend the duration of the Cup too much, but I agree we need more flexibility.

Re: playing until the end: I think this is a key idea in this Cup, everybody plays until the end in every edition of the cup. I'm not thinking of changing that.

Re: league matches vs. knock out: I think the best solution is to balance them and it's true that 5 vs. 2 is not balanced.

@Meli: 6X3 will takes 9 weeks with league games home and away and 6 weeks with only one game in the week. And yes, this is a discussion thread.

Shabbaman
01-12-2004, 10:27
We could start earlier next season, but with "weeks off" between them. That way you can postpone a match if someone is still playing "real" cup matches, or just to play a friendly v.s. someone else.

While we're at it, why don't we come up with a seeding system? Like (proposal) the highest playing teams (calculated from the lowest league, not the highest (for instance, meli and I both play in the 6th, but that's englands lowest league (paupers) and the dutch 3rd from lowest) are placed first and are "group heads", and then the second highest and so on and so on. The seeding system we used last time split in winners, previous cup players and newbies. Also nice, but not really objective.

yndy
01-12-2004, 11:20
OK, on the seeding idea, but don't expect it to be very objective either as teams like Meli's, Boots', english_brit's and Hakon's will have a lower seed only because their leagues did not expanded fast after they have joined.

I've prepared the list and added the joindate as a second criteria and the results are:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/yndy/200412111213_cdz4.JPG
48.25KB

Kemal
01-12-2004, 11:42
I personally don't care that much about actual seeds, as long as the groups have a somewhat international character, and are not *totally* unbalanced. I suppose that the way the league is progressing for each time will have a profound impact on the strenght of that team in the CDZ cup as well, for example, it looks like I can field large parts of my A squad most of the time in the Cup, since I am already almost guaranteed promotion in my league after only the first 7 games.
For higher ranked teams, where league competition is more fierce, I could imagine they'd field weaker teams, especially early on in the Cup, which of course would screw up the seeding system as far as balancing group strength is concerned. So I'd say perhaps there really is not that much need for a flawless ranking system for the cup anyway.

Shabbaman
01-12-2004, 11:44
We could also seed on basis of average rating from the matches already played this system. Or we could simply make an educated guess.

yndy
01-12-2004, 12:16
I strive to get a good first squad but my reserves are totally crap. So we're back to the educated guess, huh?

With 8 dutch teams in total I guess we'll need to limit to 3 the number of dutch teams in each group.

I'd stick with the seed since I prepared it already. Also the proposed cup schedule follows:

GrA GrB GrC
A1 B1 C1
A2 B2 C2
A3 B3 C3
A4 B4 C4
A5 B5 C5
A6 B6 C6

Games:
A1 – A6; A2 – A5; A3 – A4; B1 – B6; B2 – B5; B3 – B4; C1 – C6; C2 – C5; C3 – C4.
A2 – A1; A4 – A6; A3 – A5; B2 – B1; B4 – B6; B3 – B5; C2 – C1; C4 – C6; C3 – C5;
A1 – A5; A4 – A2; A6 – A3; B1 – B5; B4 – B2; B6 – B3; C1 – C5; C4 – C2; C6 – C3;
A1 – A4; A2 – A3; A5 – A6; B1 – B4; B2 – B3; B5 – B6; C1 – C4; C2 – C3; C5 – C6;
A3 – A1; A6 – A2; A5 – A4; B3 – B1; B6 – B2; B5 – B4; C3 – C1; C6 – C2; C5 – C4;

Order of teams at the end of League phase
1a 1b 1c
2a 2b 2c
3a 3b 3c
4a 4b 4c
5a 5b 5c
6a 6b 6c

Knock-out Stage 1 pools (random draw of matches between teams in each pool):
Pool I: 1a, 1b, 1c, 2(best)
Pool II: 2(other), 2(other), 3(best), 3(best)
Pool III: 3 (other), 4a, 4b, 4c
Pool IV: 5a, 5b, 5c, 6(best),
6(other) - 6(other) first leg

Knock-out stage 2:
Final: Winners Pool I
3rd place match: Losers Pool I;
5th place match: Winners Pool II;
7th place match: Losers Pool II;
9th place match: Winners Pool III;
11th place match: Losers Pool III;
13th place match: Winners Pool IV;
15th place match: Losers Pool IV;
6 (other) – 6 (other) second leg

Schip
02-12-2004, 11:11
@ Kemal: I think your right about lower level teams being able to field their first team, OTOH players that play longer have finished a training program already or have one that's in place longer. E.g. i'm playing 3+ star midfielders in my friendlies aswell, Kingreno is fielding some pretty good defenders in both his league and friendly games. The good thing about this 'sideeffect'is that it balances the early cuprounds.

The setup is fine with me btw.

English_brit
02-12-2004, 11:33
Excuse my ignorance but when is this edition of the Cup starting?

Melifluous
02-12-2004, 13:28
quote:Originally posted by English_brit

Excuse my ignorance but when is this edition of the Cup starting?

Melifluous points to the first line of the first post of this thread!

Melifluous.

yndy
02-12-2004, 16:09
I had a chat with ciuly last night and he pointed out that his average performance in friendly games is 33 - 34 stars per match. Now that’s just some 5 stars below my first team but probably it’s above the first team of some of the players here. Maybe I shouldn’t have told him about the cup :hmm: :)

English_brit
02-12-2004, 17:26
Cheers. lol

Might have been a good idea not to Yndy. lol

Dell19
06-12-2004, 11:51
Just to be clear, this is the last week of non cup friendlies?

yndy
06-12-2004, 12:02
Yes, your next friendly will be set up in the CDZ Cup. The schedule should have been drawn by now but unfortunately, stuff happens and I’m late. Hopefully at the end of the today you’ll know your next 5 friendlies.

Edit: More likely later in the evening. The fact that I did not work this week-end cannot go unpunished so I'll have to spend part of the evening actually working at the office.

yndy
06-12-2004, 22:21
Here we go with the draw of the cup Groups. (this post will be edited as I go through so you may follow the draw in real time :))

Using the seed numbers the first team to be drawn is the Chemists. I’m using Excel’s RAND function to select its group. The Chemists go to group B. Dom Ducks is second and they go to group C. FC De Snaken gets group A by default.

Now Wartham United gets to be drawn to group C. Yellow Boots is next and they get group A. Sounds like a tough group so far. Meli’s Manglers take the open spot in group B.

Elsaak follows and they end up in group A. Grasshoppers Elm go to group B and Spartak Wagneningen end up in Group C.

Toffee’s Utd is next and they will join group A. Dynamo Morpork get group C and SwingStars ends up in group B.

PP SV cannot join group C because it will exceed the maximum number of Dutch teams so ends up in group B. FC Suca goes to group C and Chimica joins group A.

Now for the final 3 Dutch teams: Aristocats is the first one and goes to group B, Acorazado goes to group C and Shabba FC gets the last place in Group A.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/yndy/2004126224029_cdz4-groups.JPG
16.66KB

Kemal
06-12-2004, 22:43
Wow, well at least Snaken have been top of their group once already... seems like a very difficult task to reach the next round.

Great live draw btw yndy! [goodjob]

yndy
06-12-2004, 22:45
Games Round 1 (15 December)

FC De Snaken Shabba FC
Yellow Boots Chimica Tarnaveni (16 December)
Elsaak FC Toffee's Utd

Chemists Aristocats
Meli's Manglers PP SV (14 December)
Grasshoppers Elm SwingStars

Dom Ducks Acorazado Fuerte
Wartham United FC Suca (14 December)
Spartak Wageningen Dynamo Morpork

Good luck everyone and you're all invited to comment on the toughest and easiest group. The sticky thread will include the results and group tables for easy reading, this one will be for ranting.

yndy
06-12-2004, 22:48
Yeah, it would have been better if I could announce the starting time and have more than one live guest. :)

OK, I'm heading home now, I'm beat.

Swingue
06-12-2004, 23:17
Interesting, another big office match and a match against Meli (let's see if he gets his mother involved again :) ).

Kingreno
06-12-2004, 23:22
quote:Good luck everyone and you're all invited to comment on the toughest and easiest group. The sticky thread will include the results and group tables for easy reading, this one will be for ranting.

group B is by far the Toughest group EVER! We just kick ass so hard groups A and C just wish there was no tomorrow.

Swingue
06-12-2004, 23:24
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

quote:Good luck everyone and you're all invited to comment on the toughest and easiest group. The sticky thread will include the results and group tables for easy reading, this one will be for ranting.

group B is by far the Toughest group EVER! We just kick ass so hard groups A and C just wish there was no tomorrow.

Hmm, for sure. with my 30.5 star team I'm up against PP, kingreno and meli and poised to loose. Don't know the chemist but if they are first seeded that doesn't promise to much. So my first game has to be it!!!

akots
06-12-2004, 23:27
Second that. Group B is very tough. Especially for a newbie like Chemists. But it would be interesting, lots of thing to learn about tactics. Though I'm stuck with playing 4-3-3 in friendlies due to forward training, hence perspective is to withstand severe beating alive.

Schip
06-12-2004, 23:28
Group B is bound to do the most ranting! Sorry ass losers playing eachother should be fun in the first few rounds, after that they'll be occupying the lower ranks of this cup.

Of course group C is going to bring forward this CDZ cups winner,
BRING THEM ON ! :D

English_brit
07-12-2004, 01:18
Looking forward to the Cup. Yellow Boots look strong in group A. Gonna be a tough group. [confused]

Elsaak
08-12-2004, 09:04
Great !
I'm the youngest player, and I joind the hardest group !!!
I'm going to learn deeper, so....

May I already be named "Mister 6a" ??? ;)

Shabbaman
08-12-2004, 09:14
Ha, I don't need to brag. I already won this thing [shabba]

English_brit
08-12-2004, 17:23
lmao @ u 2.

yndy
09-12-2004, 02:52
I'll be out of town between 10 and 20 December 2004. I'd like to ask you to help me out in this period by arranging the friendlies for Round 1 and Round 2 properly. The full schedule is on the sticky thread.

I'm also asking Boots to accept my challenge asap so that I can set up my team and Elsaak to challenge me early next week and to wait me to accept it when I can. It's highly likely that I'll have some time to kill on the 19th and I'll probably find an internet cafe then and get things up to date.

Oh and my 2 pennies are that Group A is actually the toughest.

English_brit
09-12-2004, 06:39
In my honest opinion I think Group A is the toughest followed closely by Group C then Group B. I think the winner of the Cup will come from Group A or C.

Danger teams to watch our for are, imo:

Group A

Yellow Boots and Chimica Tarnaveni

Group B

PP SV

Group C

Dynamo Morpork and FC Suca

In my opinion the winner will come from one of those teams.

yndy
09-12-2004, 08:15
I’d add to that Shabba FC and Toffee’s Utd from Group A, Aristocats from Group B and Acorazado Fuerte from Group C.

That’s 9 teams fighting for the top 4 qualifying spots.

Schip
09-12-2004, 09:55
[quote]
Group B

PP SV
[/qoute] [lol]

Who would have thought you were going to be expected that dangerous PP? Maybe all the whining from the beginning actually paid of [:P]

On a more serious mote, I think this cup is exciting because a lot of teams can win it. Depending om quality of course, but also on priority and league standings etcetera.

Anyway, goodluck all!

Kingreno
09-12-2004, 10:25
Group A: Shabba to win. easily.

Group B: Close call. Meli or PP SV to win.

Group C: Acorazado to win. easily (he forgets to change lineups for friendlies too often) [tongue]

Melifluous
09-12-2004, 10:29
KR?

You obviously havent noticed the fact that PP and I have played a few friendlies recently...

He beat me 5-0 away and at home...

Maybe I'll forget to change my line up from the weekend as well [fdevil]

Melifluous

Kingreno
09-12-2004, 11:14
Meli:

I got some inside info on PP's changed training program, so by the time you and he will play there probably will be no more 4 star-wingers!

Dell19
09-12-2004, 13:06
Just noticed I get to play 3 home friendlies and only 2 away fixtures. :)

yndy
09-12-2004, 13:13
Indeed, the first three teams from each group get to play 3 matches home, to balance the fact that they are considered somewhat weaker. It's up to you to get the max out of it.

In the knock-out rounds, home/away will be randomly selected.

English_brit
09-12-2004, 19:05
quote:On a more serious mote, I think this cup is exciting because a lot of teams can win it. Depending om quality of course, but also on priority and league standings etcetera.

Good point.

@ Yndy. Yeah, well thought out struture for the games. Should make it a bit fairer.

Melifluous
10-12-2004, 16:40
Wow its Friday night and all games have been organised except for the one between Dynamo Morpork and Spartak Wageningen.

Get it sorted or you start getting goat testes in the mail!

Melifluous

Shabbaman
12-12-2004, 18:56
I'm sure it'll turn out okay today. I was drinking beer with Q on some remote island without internet access. Pure horror. The beer was good though.

Melifluous
12-12-2004, 19:35
Well he hasn't logged onto HT since Thursday morning.

He's in severe danger of being at the wrong end of a 5-0 whitewash.

Melifluous.

Håkon
12-12-2004, 22:04
Matchid: 30758894 - Spartak Wageningen - Dynamo Morpork booked!

Melifluous
12-12-2004, 23:27
Ah Thanks Hakon.

All matches arranged with no exceptions.

Great Work guys, good luck in your first matches.

Melifluous

PS> PP? Hope you're in the mood for losing on TUESDAY.

PPS> People? Check the days on which you are playing, as we all should know by now different countries have their friendlies at different times and often different days.

English_brit
13-12-2004, 02:44
Looking forward to this Cup. Should be interesting. Good luck everyone. :)

Q
16-12-2004, 00:17
First Round:
Spartak Wageningen - Dynamo Morpork 1-2

Dell19
16-12-2004, 01:15
Wartham 1-8 Suca

We were winning 1-0... :p

Bootstoots
16-12-2004, 03:02
Yellow Boots - Chimica Târnãveni 3-3
An exciting game overall; it was fun to watch. Looking forward to my next games!

akots
16-12-2004, 07:06
Chemists-Aristocrats 2:3. It was a close call and my guys were doing pretty well against five 3+ star defenders.

Elsaak
16-12-2004, 09:16
Elsaak FC - Toffee's Utd :

it was a one-way game : 2-8 (1-3 at mid-time)

and Toffee's forward Christopher McLean realised a hattrick in 22 minutes, and a wonderful total of 4 goals in the second half time !!!

Kemal
16-12-2004, 10:00
Another first round group A match, a shock defeat for group favourites Shabba FC:

FC De Snaken - Shabba FC 3-2

Schip
16-12-2004, 10:10
Dom Ducks - Acorazado Fuerte 1 - 4
I won, but Plux players managed to kick two of mine out, I even had to field my 60 yo coach :D

Shabbaman
16-12-2004, 10:13
With a star performance of my new trainee: 1 star. Tristan Fjällell had to pick up the soap in the shower afterwards. Frequently.

Swingue
16-12-2004, 11:29
Results from group B

Grasshoppers Elm - Swingstars 1-7
with a redcard for one of my strikers unfortunately

Melifluous
16-12-2004, 11:31
Beaten 0-4 at home by ProPain.

Not bad considering he was playing his first team after a no-show by his opposition at the weekend.

A very very nasty match this one.

I had a yellow card, 1 walking wounded and 2 players stretchered off.

From his point of view, he go a player sent off and...
quote:In the games 14:th minute PP´s Iwan Daemen missed an opportunity to put his team one up from the penalty spot, later claiming that ”the floodlights blinded him”.

50/50 possession and 0-0 at half time, I leaked goals like a sieve in the second half and he put 4 past me ending up with 62 percent possession in the second half.

Great game PP.

Melifluous

Kingreno
16-12-2004, 11:39
lucked out a 90th minute goal against chemists. Definately not a good performance there, but extremely happy with the result!

Håkon
16-12-2004, 13:59
quote:Originally posted by Q

First Round:
Spartak Wageningen - Dynamo Morpork 1-2

Close match. You should have got a draw IMO.

Elsaak
16-12-2004, 14:08
quote:Originally posted by yndy

I'm also asking (...) Elsaak to challenge me early next week and to wait me to accept it when I can.

Ready ! [cool]
I'm waiting for your acceptation....

Melifluous
16-12-2004, 14:38
OK Next Round Matches Are Here

EDIT: And the results from round 1 and the tables as they now stand.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2117&REPLY_ID=36916

Melifluous

English_brit
17-12-2004, 01:24
GG Elsaak. Good luck for the rest of the Cup.

ciuly
17-12-2004, 12:13
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

OK Next Round Matches Are Here

EDIT: And the results from round 1 and the tables as they now stand.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2117&REPLY_ID=36916

Melifluous

Actually, my team's name is FC Suca, not FC Susa. :)

Melifluous
17-12-2004, 12:45
My bad.

I tried typing out all these wierd ass foreign names, but I knew I was bound to get one wrong.

I'm just impressed I got Spartak Waginenigeagain right there ;)

Also count yourself lucky :D that I didnt get Killer to do any of it [:p]

Melifluous

English_brit
17-12-2004, 16:27
lol

Q
18-12-2004, 21:00
A big day for Spartak Wageningen:

It just sold a striker for 950 000 euro!

Things to do now:
-Expand Stadium (starts next friday)
-Buy a new young striker (done)
-Buy a Dutch keeper, level good (done)
-Buy a winger or midfielder
-Promote to 7th division (easy)
-Win CDZ cup 4th edition (difficult)

Shabbaman
19-12-2004, 10:49
You don't have bragging rights until you've actually won the CDZ cup ;)

English_brit
19-12-2004, 11:27
lol

yndy
20-12-2004, 12:11
quote:Originally posted by Elsaak
Ready ! [cool]
I'm waiting for your acceptation....

I've accepted some time during the weekend (I hope). Now I'm trying to catch up with different things so you I'll be around but not active.

Melifluous
20-12-2004, 17:36
All matches arranged and set Sir!

As you were lads...

Melifluous

Q
27-12-2004, 00:21
Breaking news:

Today Spartak Wageningen made promotion to the Dutch 7th division. 3 rounds before the end of the competition they've got enough points to promote for the second year in a row.

Now it's time to undo the shame of zero points after two matches in the CDZ Cup, although the next match will be very difficult again.

Melifluous
27-12-2004, 00:43
I too am almost up to the 5th division.

8 points up with 3 games to play.

Maybe I should start using my first team in the cup [mischief]

Melifluous

Swingue
27-12-2004, 14:31

I too am almost up to the 5th division.

8 points up with 3 games to play.

Maybe I should start using my first team in the cup [mischief]

Melifluous

Nah, I wouldn't do that, or at least not this week :D

Schip
27-12-2004, 15:25
Unfortunately, Acorazado is not going to help Spartak Wageningen to their first CDZ-cup points. Aco embarresed their delf with a 0-6 loss against the top dog, eagerly looking for revenge next wednesday.
We do congratulate Spartak though.

English_brit
28-12-2004, 23:21
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Toffees Utd Arena saw a crowd turnout of 4010. Toffees had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Sauter - Pearson, Lonie, Hickey - Hevia, Fujishiro, Rieper, Munz, Liguori - Hollenstein, Aertse.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Paulsson - Fernández, Knott, Hawkins - Pilar, Righetti, Villar, Berntsen, Visan - Lara, Ivan.

Yellow took the lead in the games 8:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Ovidiu Ivan was the scorer. 23 minutes into the game Harald Fujishiro had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Charles Attah-Agyeman. Victor Rieper pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 28:th minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 33rd minute allowed Ovidiu Ivan to score 1 - 2 for Yellow. In the 34:th minute Toffeess Lee Hickey received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Due to a severely mistimed tackle, Jonny Paulsson spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. Toffees´s Pierre-André Hollenstein put his head to a high ball coming in from the right in the 39:th minute, but the ball went wide. In the 41st minute Toffees was able to score the equalising 2 - 2 goal. Puck Aertse picked up a pass coming in from the right and chipped it past the away teams goalie. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 2. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

Yellow took the lead after 56 minutes with 2 - 3. Ovidiu Ivan placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. This third goal made a hat trick for Ovidiu Ivan. After 57 minutes of play Puck Aertse equalised for Toffees after an elegant attack from the right. With 64 minutes played Lee Hickey almost gave the home side the lead with an unexpected free kick set up, but visitors Jonny Paulsson was onto it, grabbing the would be break through ball. Gonzalo Fernández of Yellow received a yellow card in the 71st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Randy Knott got left behind when Toffees´s Pierre-André Hollenstein made a sudden pull forward in the 72nd minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 4-3! Charles Attah-Agyeman increased Toffeess lead to 5 - 3 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

Toffees´s best player was Charles Attah-Agyeman. Piero Liguori on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Alejandro Villar. Johnny Hawkins on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 3.

Thought I'd probably lose this game. Came back from behind 3 times to win 5-3 so I'm well chuffed. Opened up group A beating Yellow Boots.

Shame about my 19 year old trainee getting injured for 2 weeks though. :(

*hires 10 docs.

Bootstoots
28-12-2004, 23:37
Congrats on the win. That was my first loss of any sort since the second round cup game. I knew this match could go either way; you had better attack ratings, my midfield was marginally better. We got 14k gross profit from that too; that's better than any friendly profit I've ever pulled.

English_brit
28-12-2004, 23:46
Thanks. :)

I think it's my highest ever friendly turnout aswell. Was a nice suprise.

Shabbaman
29-12-2004, 11:17
I recently got 14 434 € for a friendly.

English_brit
29-12-2004, 16:02
Nice. [python]

Melifluous
29-12-2004, 18:38
OK So whats the Dutch for having your ass handed to you?

Its half time in my game against SwingStars and I'm losing 4-0 and he has 73% possession [cry]

Good Game..

Melifluous

Shabbaman
29-12-2004, 20:08
Shabba FC-Elsaak FC 5-1.

English_brit
29-12-2004, 20:28
Nice result Shabba. I see Snaken and Chimica drew. Makes the group tight.

Dell19
29-12-2004, 20:31
Dynamo Morpork - Wartham United 4 - 2. The game was over in the first half but at least we kept the score low.

English_brit
29-12-2004, 20:35
Yeah, Dynamo has a strong team.

Shabbaman
29-12-2004, 23:04
quote:Originally posted by English_brit

Nice result Shabba.

And that despite the recordbreaking half star performance of my new trainee. He managed to top his 1 star of his debute two weeks ago.

English_brit
30-12-2004, 00:02
lol

akots
30-12-2004, 03:08
quote:
Chemists - PP SV 5 - 2
790 spectators arrived at Chemists Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Chemists started off with a 4-3-3 lineup. Lineup: Fugate - Parker, Norris, Manh-Dung, Beal - Wall, Stoleru, Robitaille - Saint-Onge, Spencer, Brown.

PP started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Beurskens - van Bommel, Tafro, Agter - Johnston, Kamperman, Bakker, van Klooster, de Graaf - Sörensson, Langelaan.

Robin Saint-Onge gave his Chemists the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. In the 24:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Ricã Stoleru dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Chemists. Halftime score was 2 - 0. PP held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

In the 47:th minute Yordi van Klooster, after an opportunist attack from the right, scored the reducer for PP making it 2 - 1. In the game's 60:th minute Chemists´s Burt Parker limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. In the 67:th minute the excellent ball from the wing byClifton Wall reached Jackie Spencer's head, and he is not one to miss such an opportunity - 3 - 1. Chemists put their lead ahead another goal as Mao Manh-Dung struck home the 4 - 1 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. A well placed free kick by PP´s Mike Kamperman reduced the lead to 4 - 2. Clifton Wall hit the ball just perfect in the 83rd minute and could score for Chemists with a fab long shot to 5 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by PP, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Chemists player was without a doubt Eugene Norris. However, Robin Saint-Onge made a disastrous appearance. Most important PP player was Kay Beurskens. Filip van Bommel was a disappointment, however. The match ends 5 - 2.

That was an easy walkover with 1-2 star playes PP has fielded (Only 2 decent midfielders and a good keeper). Well, I cannot always lose after all. :)

Sorry for posting here, there has been no thread for round 3 results yet created.

yndy
31-12-2004, 07:32
This thread is just fine akots.
The teams me and Kemal fielded were similar so the draw is fair from my point of view.

ProPain
31-12-2004, 10:57
My team is in dire straits atm. 3 good players are injured for long periods (3,5,5 weeks) and my promotion is in danger.My league result must prevail over the cup as I really need the promotion. So I'm not gonna risk any more of my first squad players being kicked to hospital for a half a season and ending up not promoting. Sorry guys. I'll be back with a vengeance in the 2 intermediate weeks though!

I have a 18 year old formidable keeper now that will make his appearance then :)

Melifluous
31-12-2004, 17:58
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

... So I'm not gonna risk any more of my first squad players being kicked to hospital for a half a season and ending up not promoting ...

Huh?

Playing First team members in friendlies?

I have 36 team members and Clearly defined 1st and 2nd team players, with quite a few reserves ...

[crazyeye][coool]

[charge]

Melifluous

English_brit
01-01-2005, 11:57
Bit of a high wage packet. I've only got 23. [???]

Kemal
01-01-2005, 12:28
Good news for Toffee's United I suppose, as I wanted to field my solid form/brilliant keeper in our friendly on wednesday, but now I noticed one of the new teams in my league has invested 504K on 7 new players on his first login, and I play him next match... losing could cost me the championship in my league, and I don't want to take that risk really, forcing me to prioritize the league again this week. [sad]

Schip
01-01-2005, 19:44
I doubt he made good investments. It's very hard to tell what are good players when you just start. But it's always wise to stay on the save side I suppose.

Kemal
01-01-2005, 20:12
Hopefully he messed up yes, looking at the transfer history and the performances of these players at their former clubs, it involves a 3 star keeper, 2 x 2.5 star strikers, and 4 x 3 star defenders. No midfielders as far as I can see, that would be good news.

Still, a lot better than the 1 star players he fielded the previous match.

Swingue
02-01-2005, 18:40

OK So whats the Dutch for having your ass handed to you?

Its half time in my game against SwingStars and I'm losing 4-0 and he has 73% possession [cry]

Good Game..

Melifluous

Well Meli that is what we call 'met de billen bloot gaan'. Sorry to say but I had 2 walk overs so I had to put my first team somewhere.

Dell19
05-01-2005, 00:03
First point of the cup competition. Since I only changed the trainees and a winger this game is our third best performance in any sort of game with a hatstats rating of 97. Had a player sent off late on in the game.

English_brit
05-01-2005, 01:08
Nice result. :)

Melifluous
05-01-2005, 01:26
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

Had a player sent off late on in the game.

I saw that! He ...

quote: ... head butted an opponent nastily and so the referee sent him off immediately.

Is there a nice way to headbutt someone? Damn these public school types, I knew about the cutlery and the different between a desert and a soup spoom, but headbutts? There's a whole other level of etiquette to learn apparently. I need to join the Illuminati I guess.

On a lighter note I kicked Grasshoppers ass...

Or as hattrick organiser would put it...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/melifluous/20051512336_MeliRound4.JPG
18.58KB

But continuing my usual run of form, one of my recent youthpulls, as you can see was injured. Guess what. He was a forward. He's been out the YS about 2 weeks. I shat a brick when it said...

quote:Manglers will have to do without Tommy Denezhkina for a time due to a bad foot injury.

but he's only out for 3 weeks. So no games till next season for you sonny. But he was 18, solid scorer, solid form [cry]

Ho hum.

Tables getting interesting now.

Melifluous

Shabbaman
05-01-2005, 11:13
Poor Yndy, he has lined up a 2-5-3 formation...

EDIT: match ends 4-6, one injury for Yndy and a red card for me.

Schip
05-01-2005, 13:05
Fc Suca - Acorazado : 3-3
I was tempted to field my first team, but I didn't, 'cause my top 2 midfielders got injured last sunday. So my trainees and replacement team performed pretty well. Thanks to a hattrick of my young Swedish striker we managed this draw. I suppose winning this edition of the CDZ-cup is impossible now, though.

ciuly
05-01-2005, 13:43
The result was quite surprising for me. Had better atack and midfield, but the random God was against me this time. Anyway, congrats for the draw. :)

yndy
05-01-2005, 15:01
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Poor Yndy, he has lined up a 2-5-3 formation...

EDIT: match ends 4-6, one injury for Yndy and a red card for me.

As strange as it may seem, that was on purpose, this week I am training passing.

Now it might have been clear for you in the 80th minute when the score was 1-6 but in the remaining 10 minutes my guys scored 3 times which means that I only needed 10 more minutes to defeat you 7-6 [:p]

Anyway our games are very entertaining, I cashed in over 14k, I think that’s my second best after a game with a III division team.

Kemal
05-01-2005, 15:35
hrmpf, it does mean that Snaken now will have to beat the Toffees to have any hopes of reaching the finals, even more so if you will be training passing next week as well... [sad]

Dell19
05-01-2005, 16:00
Is there a nice way to headbutt someone? Damn these public school types, I knew about the cutlery and the different between a desert and a soup spoom, but headbutts? There's a whole other level of etiquette to learn apparently. I need to join the Illuminati I guess.

He is a bit of a strange player. I decided to keep him instead of selling him since he was a slightly better backup player. He is a controversial person who is temperamental and dishonest so I guess thats why he got sent off.

Shabbaman
05-01-2005, 16:37
quote:Originally posted by yndyAs strange as it may seem, that was on purpose, this week I am training passing.

So you switch between passing and scoring training? That's interesting. But I thought you won't receive training if you play an "abnormal" formation.
A real shame that my player got sent off. Usually he isn't this rash.

Dell19
05-01-2005, 17:11
2-5-3 is abnormal but still a training formation since you still only have 1 extra striker and 1 extra midfielder. Passing training might be something that I do next season but for this offseason I plan on training stamina since its a real problem with my midfield

yndy
05-01-2005, 17:40
I had trained my players for 4 seasons now and I gave them passing training generally in the week between seasons when I’m not playing qualifiers. So for the 8 levels of scoring I’d like them to raise 1 level in passing as well. Now I have my best players which will increase in skill at world class scoring and magnificent scoring but if they increase this week I fear that the market is at a low before the end of season. So I train passing, increase them a level in 3 weeks (assuming they are more than half way through the current level) and then come back to scoring to let them increase in the first weeks of the new seasons when prices should pick up. It’s not the most efficient method I must say but it’s OK for now.

Also training is lost if you play 4 or more defenders, midfielders or forwards. 2-5-3 and 5-5-0 are formations you don’t get experienced with but you get training.

Kemal
05-01-2005, 18:41
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

hrmpf, it does mean that Snaken now will have to beat the Toffees to have any hopes of reaching the finals, even more so if you will be training passing next week as well... [sad]

...and atm, Snaken are trailing by 4 goals to nil and lost their best midfielder to injury, or to put it in other words, I'm being hammered. [cry][hammer]

Kemal
05-01-2005, 19:21
FC De Snaken - Toffee's Utd 0 - 4

Ratings weren't that far apart though, perhaps it was my brilliant last minute idea to use the pressing tactic that resulted in this trouncing...

Well done to English Brit of course though.

Kingreno
05-01-2005, 20:15
quote:At PP SV Arena, 659 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Beurskens - Sörensson, van Bommel, Tafro - Johnston, Kamperman, Bakker, van Klooster, Zielhuis - de Graaf, Langelaan.

Aristocats started off with a 5-3-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Saranpää - Zirngibl, Vink, Al-Mahmoud, Rossen, Angelle - Dalhuizen, Thöny, Tomic - Wagenaar, Zengers.

Aristocats clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Filip van Bommel needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. PP made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Yvo Langelaan completely alone with keeper Asmo Saranpää, who made a spectacular block. Aristocatss counterattacks were lethal to the opposing defense, allowing Sharif Al-Mahmoud to score easily from the right flank for 0 - 1. PPs Yordi van Klooster got himself booked after a foul. Halftime score was 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by PP, with an impressive 64 percent possession of the ball.

The visitors Roderick Wagenaar took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 63rd minute. 0 - 2 for Aristocats. Aristocats showed their counterattack skill in the 80:th minute, with Sharif Al-Mahmoud scoring uncontested for 0 - 3. The visitors Johnny Angelle took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 83rd minute. 0 - 4 for Aristocats. After this Aristocats lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Yvo Langelaan challenged the visitors full backs eagerly, producing a good chance in the 85:th minute as he went for a through ball combination. But as so many times before, the guest´s defensive efforts got the best of it. 88 minutes into the game Filip van Bommel had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Milko Agter. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by PP, with an impressive 62 percent possession of the ball.

PP´s best player was Kay Beurskens. However, Yvo Langelaan made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Aristocats player was without a doubt Henning Zirngibl. However, Sharif Al-Mahmoud made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 4.

Excellent Counter attack paying off rather well! [party]

English_brit
05-01-2005, 22:12
Thanks Kemal. Was a nice win for me, sorry about the injury though. :(

Nice win for Aristocrats. :)

Håkon
05-01-2005, 22:54
Dynamo Morpork - Dom Ducks 5-0.

Awaiting the group final against FC Suca. Shame I've got two important matches coming up...

ProPain
05-01-2005, 23:15
@KR. lol You would have won that game hands down anyway. My 1st team is being saved for the important matches.

Glad I;m doing that as Filip van Bommel is out for a mere 3 weeks. I;m starting to hate these friendlies.

CDZ cup 4th edition: 4 players injured for a total of 19 weeks. How nice is that.

Melifluous
06-01-2005, 01:52
And so it is as the final games of round 4 are underway the shape of the next round is starting to crystalise.

In Group A.

Yellow Boots play at home to Elsaak FC. And as I type in the 28th minute, Elsaak score! 1-1 at The Yellow Boot as there is still everything to play for in this final match of the round. A win for the Yellows would mean almost certainly third in the league. Toffee's and Shabba merely have to work out who comes 1st.

In Group B.

Once again as I type, Chemists take a 3-1 lead on 35 minutes. If it finishes with a Chemist lead then this league is wide open with the possibility of Swingstar 9 points and 4 other teams on 6 points! Hot stuff! With their massive goal difference Swingstars are favourite to end top, but with a tough local derby away at PP SV Arena in the last round, this league is anything but over.

In Group C.

All 4th round matches finished here, the picture is clear, to a point. FC Susa and Dynamo Morpork have this one sewn up. And with their final match against each other, nothing can stop one of them from winning this one. If Acorazado beat bottom place Wartham at home they are gaurenteed at least 2nd best runner up overall with a possible 8 point finish.

Top 2's

Group A - Toffee's and Shabba.
Group B - Wide open, Swingstars favourite.
Group C - FC Susa and Dynamo by a mile.

Not gonna make top 3.

Group A - Elsaak and Chimica.
Group B - Grasshoppers.
Group C - Dom Ducks and Wartham.

Enjoy.

Melifluous

PS. As I go to post this, Yellows streak ahead to 3-1 with 74% possession. Chemists remain 3-1 up with 60%. If Yellows win and Top 2 draw their match next week, a win for Yellows in the final round would see them crowned Champions of group A! A Chemist win would ensure a say in how Group B ends up and would put 5 teams from the 6 here with a chance of raising the cup. Although I would have to win by a lot of goals and hope for a Swingstar crushing of PP to have a chance of the top 2 ;)

akots
06-01-2005, 02:48
That was a very intense. With only a few players from the main squad fielded, SwingStars put up a lot of resistance which has been fortunately overcome finally.

quote:Chemists - SwingStars 4 - 3
1251 spectators had come to Chemists Arena this cloudy day. Chemists started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Fugate - Norris, Beal, Manh-Dung, Dobbins - Hammond, Stoleru, Robitaille, Stein - Saint-Onge, del Valle.

SwingStars started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Schulz - Klarenbeek, Postuma, Verhoef - Haarman, Kuiper, Allach, Amby, van Ostaay - Fiume, Tamp.

The 3rd minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Chemists was Darius Beal. Visitors Alfons van Ostaay was alert on a play coming in from the left, making the score a tie at 1 - 1 in the 7:th minute. The referee showed SwingStarss Bram Verhoef the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Marcos Hammond was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Javier del Valle managed to kick one of them into 2 - 1 in the 23rd minute. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Chemists lead up with 3 - 1. Javier del Valle finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 1. Chemists held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

SwingStars reduced in the 69:th minute to 3 - 2 as Quincy Allach easily chipped the ball past the home sides keeper on a play from the right. The referee was not popular amongst the home supporters as he awarded SwingStars a penalty in the 79:e minute. Tarvo Tamp made no mistake, levelling the score to 3 - 3. After 79 minutes Marcos Hammond made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Javier del Valle who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 4 - 3. By then Javier del Valle was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Chemists, bringing the final ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Chemists player was Ricã Stoleru. Javier del Valle on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SwingStars player was without a doubt Loek Schulz. Rolf Amby on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 3.

How can a 17-year-old guy with inad scoring (del Valle) make a hattrick in his first ever match played and have a terrible day at the same time? [confused]

Overall, seems that having "passing links" in the squad really helps a lot. Still I'm wondering on how these things work. Looks like there is a chance that a player makes a good pass and then another player takes that good pass and chance is enhanced by passing skills of both players. The receiver then can score if he is in a decent location and has a not so horrible scoring skill. The vague point about this is whether defending team has any chance to intercept the pass.

Bootstoots
06-01-2005, 02:56
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and The Yellow Boot saw a crowd turnout of 2063. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Paulsson - Haas, Knott, Hawkins - Allesch, Righetti, Piñeiro, Villar, Pilar - Lara, Ivan.

Elsaak had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Mau Suong - Beltrán, Abdallah, Eleazar - Ling-yu, Borgblad, Robuchon, Sagna, Trentesaux - Cancelier, Acens.

It was an obvious ambition of Elsaak to attack on the flanks. Yellow took the lead in the 26:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Miguel Piñeiro elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. In the games 27:th minute Elsaak´s Juan Carlos Eleazar fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Juan Carlos Eleazar for taking a dive. The visiting teams Raymond Acens could score the 1 - 1 equaliser in the 28:th minute with a header, after some good work on the right. Michel Righetti of Yellow received a yellow card in the 38:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Alejandro Villar received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 42nd minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Yellow made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Rubén Lara completely alone with keeper Phu Mau Suong , who made a spectacular block. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 44:th minute goal by Rubén Lara for Yellow, putting them ahead 2 - 1. After 44 minutes Ovidiu Ivan put Yellow ahead 3 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 1. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 74 percent possession rate.

A penalty in the 48:th minute gave the home side a chance at adding to the score, but an overconfident Cary Haas shot the ball wide, in an effort to put it away in the top corner. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Tom Allesch squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 51st minute, asserting the lead to 4 - 1. The referee showed Elsaaks Djibril Sagna the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Due to a severely mistimed tackle, Randy Knott spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. Yellow put themselves up 5 - 1 when Miguel Piñeiro broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 74 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Yellow. However, Phu Mau Suong made a spectacular save. Yellow put their lead ahead another goal as Alejandro Villar struck home the 6 - 1 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 77 percent, dominated the battle.

Yellow´s best player was Miguel Piñeiro. Rubén Lara on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Elsaak player was without a doubt Hans Borgblad. Bautista Beltrán on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 6 - 1. The Boots pull off a 6-1 win. Onward to facing Shabba away!

yndy
06-01-2005, 06:46
quote:Originally posted by akots
How can a 17-year-old guy with inad scoring (del Valle) make a hattrick in his first ever match played and have a terrible day at the same time? [confused]

Overall, seems that having "passing links" in the squad really helps a lot. Still I'm wondering on how these things work. Looks like there is a chance that a player makes a good pass and then another player takes that good pass and chance is enhanced by passing skills of both players. The receiver then can score if he is in a decent location and has a not so horrible scoring skill. The vague point about this is whether defending team has any chance to intercept the pass.

akots from what people have found so far the match engine does not go that deep. First the scorer of a goal is randomly chosen with the attackers having a bigger probability. This explains your youngster's perfomance.

Second, passing skill of two players does not seem to influence the way they send/receive passes to each other but the team ratings which play a role in which team has posession and scores/defends. The text in the match description has a meaning behind but also has a randomness part so that the same text is not shown all match.

In your match some phrases have a hidden meaning behind:
quote:Marcos Hammond was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Javier del Valle managed to kick one of them into 2 - 1 in the 23rd minute
This is what is called a winger event. The first player's winger ability caused a special event finalised with a pass. The second player was the actual scorer (probably randomly chosen).
quote:After 79 minutes Marcos Hammond made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Javier del Valle who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 4 - 3
Same, this one is a quick event trigerred by Hammond's quick speciality adn again the scorer is random.

These special events are the ones which make the game more interesting and give surprise victories but also well calculated ones. In theory you could make a team with a perfect setup to get as many special events as possible, in practice I haven't seen one.

Dell19
06-01-2005, 20:36
quote:FC STEAUA BUC. - Luceafarul Târgoviste 10 - 0

View game: HT Live
Date: 07/02/2004 at 10.00
MatchID: 12105102
Arena: FC STEAUA BUC. Arena
Crowd: 59915

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and FC STEAUA BUC. Arena saw a crowd turnout of 59915. STEAUA started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Wahlflod - Nicholas, Gouveia, Stjernskär - Hartney, Lövskog, Shunkin, Richardsson - Comãnescu, Vestersten, Rantanen.

Luceafarul had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Dobricã - Manoliu, Mayer, Ivanovici - Grunspan, Månsson, Teliev, Nilsson, Cotet - Ichim, Mateescu.

STEAUA strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field. At this time in the match, STEAUA were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. A foul after 20 minutes resulted in a free kick. Costica Comãnescu cannonballed it, giving the hometeam the lead 1 to 0. In the 23rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Costica Comãnescu dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for STEAUA. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put STEAUA lead up with 3 - 0. Costica Comãnescu finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. At that, Costica Comãnescu was noted down for a hat trick. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 0. STEAUA, bringing the final ball possession rate to 77 percent, dominated the battle.

Gratian Ivanovici got left behind when STEAUA´s Costica Comãnescu made a sudden pull forward in the 51st minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 4-0! The structure of the game started to change as STEAUA decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Dan Stjernskär seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 5-0. The previous STEAUA corner kick was executed by Costica Comãnescu. After 58 minutes Costica Comãnescu put STEAUA ahead 6 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. After 75 minutes Costica Comãnescu put STEAUA ahead 7 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. In the 76:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Costica Comãnescu dashed through, knocking home 8 - 0 for STEAUA. STEAUAs Abel Hartney got himself booked after a foul. Luceafarul were forced to a substitution as Gratian Ivanovici couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Gabi Talpãu to come in from the sidelines. In the 84:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Costica Comãnescu dashed through, knocking home 9 - 0 for STEAUA. In the 85:th minute Costica Comãnescu put STEAUA ahead 10 - 0 with a truly marvelous free kick. Paulo Gouveia of STEAUA received a yellow card in the 86:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. STEAUA held the ball, with a clear 82 percent possession rate.

The most dominating STEAUA player was without a doubt Abel Hartney. Costica Comãnescu was a disappointment, however. Luceafarul´s best player was Octavian Cotet. However, Lars Nilsson made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 10 - 0.

HIGHLIGHTS

1-0 Costica Comãnescu (20)
2-0 Costica Comãnescu (23)
3-0 Costica Comãnescu (34)
4-0 Costica Comãnescu (51)
5-0 Dan Stjernskär (52)
6-0 Costica Comãnescu (58)
7-0 Costica Comãnescu (75)
8-0 Costica Comãnescu (76)
9-0 Costica Comãnescu (84)
10-0 Costica Comãnescu (85)

An extreme example of scoring against player ratings.

ciuly
06-01-2005, 21:17
That's different. The match report shows only who was the best and the worst player from the stars point of view (and can do it better than us, cause it knows the exact rating number of each player). Has nothing to do with what the player did on the field - scored 10 times in your example.

Shabbaman
06-01-2005, 21:19
Keep it on topic guys.

English_brit
10-01-2005, 08:33
Thanks for the group rundown Meli. Was an interesting read.

I'm a bit worried as my TS is a bit shot going in to the final game of the group. It's a 3 horse race to see who goes through in group A. At least Shabba and Yellow Boots are playing each other so at least one will lose points. All I can do is hope I can manage a win against Chimica. It'll be hard though. [confused]

Looks like Swingstars is qualifying from Group B barring an unlikely trouncing.

With FC Suca and Dynamo Morpork playing each other in Group C it should be interesting to see which group makes the runner up qualifier. Looks like it's either A or C. I just hope I can scrape through in to the playoffs.

Good luck all. :)

Melifluous
12-01-2005, 12:14
And now after a quick read through of Yndys fantastic setup [crazyeye] I understand how the next two rounds will be played.

After only 3 matches of the final round played there is much that can be said for the Winners Pool.

This will be the winner of each group, plus the best 2nd place team.

So..

[u]Group A.</u>
Toffee's win the group (unless Shabba inflicts a 10-0 win on Boots)

[u]Group B.</u>
Swingstars win the group if they dont lose.
If they lose by 7 goals or more PP overtake them as leaders or if Aristocats beat Melis by a margin and Swingstars lose by a reasonable amount them Aristocats win. [crazyeye]

[u]Group C.</u>
FC Suca have won it. Its that simple.

[u]Final place is best runner up.</u>
This will be from Group A depending on who wins the match between Boots and Shabba. Could mathematically be any of the top three, but lets just say whoever wins this match goes through with Toffee's. In the case of a draw Shabba advance.

Simple huh?

Melifluous

socralynnek
12-01-2005, 12:55
Arrrgh...
not enough that I'm the only one without getting any point in the group phase...
Those very brutal Chemists have injured three of my players!!!
Anyway, maybe I'll win a game when I can field my A-Team.

English_brit
12-01-2005, 13:06
Yep. :(

I'm just glad I got through my group. Anything now is a bonus.

Melifluous
12-01-2005, 14:58
For anyone thats interested the Elsaak vs FC De Snaken match is just about to kick off!!

MatchID = 31229082

Can Elsaak beat FC De Snaken and claim 4th place in Group A for themselves?
Or will Snaken humiliate them and possibly try and grab third from Boots?

Melifluous

Melifluous
12-01-2005, 15:00
Also if anyones interested I will probably (given enough interest) be doing real time coverage of the last 5 matches of the Groups from 4.30pm (GMT) this afternoon...

Melifluous

Kemal
12-01-2005, 15:03
Go Snaken, Go Snaken!

In [shabba] we trust, 3rd place is where Snaken belong!

Melifluous
12-01-2005, 15:21
Elsaak FC vs FC De Snaken - LIVE REPORT!

[u]Elsaak FC - FC De Snaken</u>
The crowd of 302 turning up at Rényoné today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Elsaak started off with a 4-5-1 lineup. Lineup: Mau Suong - Ling-yu, Abdallah, Ben Abdallah, Aquaron - Sudsiri, Borgblad, Robuchon, Ali, Chrisafidis - Acens.

Snaken tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Milek - Öztürk, Turbiarz, Flores D'Arcais - Ruijg, Kajak, Lucado, Fjällander, Irvine - Böõr, Sánchez.

GOAL!
In the 16:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Krisztián Böõr put the ball away for 0 - 1.

GOAL!
In the 24:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 2 as Joakim Fjällander finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. By now Snaken were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

Florian Lucado came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Phu Mau Suong , hitting the bar. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Snaken´s Krisztián Bö#337;r got himself booked.

Elsaak seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the inadequate level of organisation. Florian Lucado could have put his team up another one in the 36:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. Florian Lucado behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 36:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. :D

HalfTime
Halftime score was 0 - 2. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

Shots on Goal
Elsaak 1.
FC De Snaken 4.

Cautions.
Elsaak 0.
FC De Snaken 1.

And so we're back again for the second half.

The Elsaak players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization and regained a solid organisation.
56 Minutes. Slow start to the second half, Elsaak seem to have calmed considerably after the break. Dionisio Labruna looks far from calm though and once more is restrained by the fourth official.

Well this wouldnt have pleased the away coach at all, but the local fans are going mad!

GOAL!
63 Minutes: Elsaak reduced the score in the 63rd minute to 1 - 2 when Raymond Acens got the best of a ball floated in from the left.

Obviously scoring goals wasn't all that was talked about in the Elsaak dressing room at half time. In the games 69:th minute Elsaak´s Banhan Sudsiri fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Banhan Sudsiri for taking a dive. In the 71st minute Elsaak's Jean-Claude Robuchon went down in a suspected penalty situation after a challenge from the visitors right guard, but the referee, having a good line of sight, signalled to keep on playing.

Elsaak appeared unsure on how to play and their organisation was only passable. In the games 77:th minute Carlos Sánchez nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar.

After the ball got lifted in from the left Laurenty Kajak was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 84 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration.

Elsaak had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to weak.

Snaken held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Most important Elsaak player was Hans Borgblad. Ma Ling-yu on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Snaken player was Stanislaw Milek. Berke Can Öztürk was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 2.

And its all over here at the Rényoné stadium in France. We hope you've enjoyed the coverage of the game and would like to remind you that in 45 minutes time in Post number 36 you can catch coverage of the last five games of this group stage.

See you there!

Melifluous

Kemal
12-01-2005, 15:25
Hmm, 0-2 is good of course, but drawing back troops already...? I need at least a 0-10 vic or so to have any chance of clinching 3rd place!

Bah, missed 3 chances already that my grandmother would have put away... the trainer will make them understand this can't be tolerated, and since they fail to perform as well in the 2nd half as they did in the 1st, it must be stamina.. and therefore they will have to walk their way back to the Snaken Arena, no bus or plane for them with a performance like this!

Melifluous
12-01-2005, 15:37
You need at least a 3 goal lead in this game to have even a mathematical chance of going third.

Even then Boots would have to be beaten 10-0.

At 0-2 and 10-0 you would have the same GD but Boots would have scored more goals placing them higher.

Melifluous

Plux
12-01-2005, 16:04
Kemal, do you have a defense minded trainer?

Melifluous
12-01-2005, 16:10
quote:Originally posted by Plux

Kemal, do you have a defense minded trainer?

Yes he does.

Dionisio Labruna (13420653)
60 years, disastrous form
A solid trainer who is defensive minded

And I thought Bobby Robson was getting too old to manage a team.

Melifluous

Kemal
12-01-2005, 16:14
Yes, I recalled hearing or reading somewhere that the trainer bonus is a tiny percentage added to the actual ratings you would get normally, in which case the bonus would be bigger for a defensive one in my case, with the keepertraining program... but I hadn't foreseen the need of a 0-10 vic in the CDZ cup at that time yet, unfortunately... ;)

Melifluous
12-01-2005, 16:47
Sod it.

To make it easier (on me) the commentary will now be on what I can see as page 5 of this thread ;)

Melifluous

Kemal
12-01-2005, 16:49
Can anyone shed some light on why I enjoyed more possession in both halfs of the game, even up to 56% in the 2nd half, when my midfield rating hattrick gives my team is worse than Elsaak's?

quote:
RATING

Elsaak FC
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: poor (very low)
Right Side Defence: poor (very low)
Central Defence: weak (very low)
Left Side Defence: poor (high)
Right Side Attack: weak (very high)
Central Attack: wretched (very high)
Left Side Attack: poor (very low)

FC De Snaken
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: Normal
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: wretched (very high)
Right Side Defence: inadequate (low)
Central Defence: weak (very high)
Left Side Defence: weak (very low)
Right Side Attack: poor (low)
Central Attack: poor (high)
Left Side Attack: weak (very low)

Melifluous
12-01-2005, 16:58
Stamina and the fact that he was playing a formation that I'm assuming he was really not that proficient in. In fact I dont think he has ever played that formation before.

Melifluous

Dell19
12-01-2005, 17:00
The exact numbers were very close so there was less of an effect? And then possibly higher stamina and higher confidence gave you the edge.

Schip
12-01-2005, 17:00
they are close, and Elsaak suffered from dis-organisation thrice! That's what caused it probably.

Kemal
12-01-2005, 17:01
Ah I see, thanks. I thought that these ratings took into account all factors that might come into play during the match as well, such as confusion/stamina... but clearly they do not then, nice to know. :)

Dell19
12-01-2005, 17:05
Higher stamina should only make a difference in the second half from what I've read.

Melifluous
12-01-2005, 17:17
Well after a quick flight over to Holland from France we are 5 minutes into the games and no reports as yet from the various grounds. And here we go.

Shabba FC - Yellow Boots 1 - 3
At Sint Kees Stadion, 2376 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Shabba tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. They fielded: Aupperlee - Geluk, Couso, Leblanc - de Maat, van Dijken, Hamers, Tielens - Piga, Katajanheimo, Anema.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Paulsson - Haas, Knott, Hawkins - Pilar, Mahmoud, Righetti, Villar, Örnbom - Lara, Ivan.

Yellow had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 8:th minute when Shadi Qassem Mahmoud came up alone against Pieter Aupperlee who managed a block.

Yellow Card
After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Yellow´s Tomislav Pilar got himself booked.

GOAL!!
20 minutes: In the 20:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Johnny Hawkins put the ball away for 0 - 1.

RED CARD!!
33 minutes: The game was close to savage at times, and Yellow`s Tomislav Pilar received a second yellow card in the 33rd, his ticket out of the game.

34 minutes: Ricky Anema went down after a savage challenge, but could keep on playing after some medical attention.

38 minutes: Yellow came close to extending their lead as Rubén Lara delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal.

42 minutes: Yellow´s Michel Righetti made it through the home teams defence in the 42nd minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line.

43 minutes: Randy Knott was, after 43 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Pieter Aupperlee saved.

Half Time
45 minutes: The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 58 percent possession of the ball.

GOAL!!
56 minutes: The visitors Rickard Örnbom took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 56:th minute. 0 - 2 for Yellow.

GOAL!!
61 minutes: 1 - 2 was a funny story: the seemingly nonchalant lob from Shabba´s Jasper de Maat landed at the feet of Ricky Anema who sent it into the net - goal!

65 minutes: After the ball got lifted in from the left Ovidiu Ivan was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 65 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration.

Aaaargh!!
71 minutes: 71 minutes into the game Yellows Cary Haas had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Povl Skaarup.

GOAL!!
72 minutes: Yellow´s Rubén Lara received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 72nd minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 1 - 3. The home crowd was not pleased with that one.

The structure of the game started to change as Yellow decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

Yellow held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Shabba player was without a doubt Nico van Dijken. Tomas Leblanc on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Shadi Qassem Mahmoud. Povl Skaarup on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 3.

PP SV - SwingStars 3 - 1
677 spectators had come to PP SV Arena this cloudy day. PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Beurskens - Buurman, Boote, van Zeeland - Kiilerich, van Harsselaar, Schulte, Daemen, Kloppenberg - Drent, de Moll.

SwingStars started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Garben - Klarenbeek, Postuma, Amby - Haarman, Schreinerles, Allach, Heil, Haagsman - van de Garde, Tamp.

GOAL!!
PP's Sjors Drent scored 1 - 0 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net.

GOAL!!
The visitors didn´t give in and after 15 minutes Vincent Heil got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 1 - 1.

19 minutes: PP had a good opportunity to take the lead as Lars van Harsselaar came up the left side, but he struck the ball weakly and it went straight into the arms of Mikel Garben.

Yellow Card
24 minutes: After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, SwingStars´s Tarvo Tamp got himself booked.

GOAL!!
28 minutes: The 27:th minute saw the home team take a 2 - 1 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for PP was Mees Buurman.

A great save by goaltender Mikel Garben in the 28:th minute kept the visitors in the game as Kelvin de Moll struck from the left with a real cannonball.

Hit The Woodwork!
35 minutes: After an industrious effort down the middle Kelvin de Moll could have closed the game off in the 35:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post.

Half Time
45 minutes: The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. PP held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

GOAL!!
60 minutes: A speedy charge from the left side of the field put PP lead up with 3 - 1. Allard Boote finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle.

Hit the woodwork!!
67 minutes: Swingstars Bram Klarenbeek had a lethal looking free kick grazing the post in the 67:th minute.

Hit the woodwork!!
68 minutes: In the 68:th minute PP´s Kelvin de Moll tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net.

75 minutes: A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 75 minutes might have resulted in another goal for PP. However, Mikel Garben made a spectacular save.

Yellow Card
In the 75:th minute PPs Jarl Kiilerich received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

PP held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Jarl Kiilerich. Mees Buurman on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SwingStars player was without a doubt Mikel Garben. However, Rolf Amby made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 1.

Aristocats - Melis Manglers 4 - 1
Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 1248 at Aristocats Arena today. Aristocats tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. They fielded: Saranpää - Al-Mahmoud, van den Burg, Vink, Rossen, Angelle - Dominkovic, Korsten, Tomic - Wagenaar, Zengers.

Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Spreadbury, Carrol, Bryan - Quigley-Parks, de Klaver, Mottram, Germain, Young - Greenwood, Taylor.

Aristocats clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. Manglers seemed to prefer attacking in the middle.

GOAL!!
Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 7:th minute goal by Wesley Zengers for Aristocats, putting them ahead 1 - 0.

Hit The Woodwork!
23 minutes: With 23 minutes played the visitors almost levelled the score. David Spreadbury shot a hard curved free kick, striking the post.

26 minutes: A long pass from the defense line of Aristocats resulted in a counterattack that set Wesley Zengers free in the enemy central penalty box, but his finish went high.

GOAL!!
34 minutes: A swift counterattack by Aristocats resulted in a free kick that Roderick Wagenaar elegantly twisted into the goal - 2 - 0!

The structure of the game started to change as Aristocats decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

Goal!!
37 minutes: Manglers fought on and, in the 37:th minute Erdem de Klaver was able to reply with 2 - 1 after some excellent moves on the right side finished off by an incredibly clever chip.

Hit The Woodwork!
39 minutes: Walsh Greenwood came close to levelling the score in the 39:th minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post.

yellow card
40 minutes: In the games 40:th minute Aristocats´s Randy Rossen fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Randy Rossen for taking a dive.

Half Time
45 minutes: Halftime score was 2 - 1. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

Goal!!
57 minutes: Sharif Al-Mahmoud increased Aristocatss lead to 3 - 1 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right.

Goal!!
62 minutes: After 62 minutes Wout van den Burg put Aristocats ahead 4 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side.

66 minutes: Manglers managed a counterattack 66 minutes into the game, but Erdem de Klaver took a soft shot from the left flank that was easy prey for the alert keeper.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Aristocats, with an impressive 69 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Aristocats player was without a doubt Timmy Vink. Sharif Al-Mahmoud was a disappointment, however. Most important Manglers player was Félix Becerra. However, Erdem de Klaver made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 1.

Spartak Wageningen - Dom Ducks 4 - 0
Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 484 at De Wageningse Berg today. Wageningen tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Scherpenisse - Mccloud, Neto, Attema - Smyth, Hoo-Kok, van der Krogt, Hayes, Di Tomasso - Vinke, van het Wiel.

Ducks had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Kampen - Garritzen, van Bijnen, Koelemeijer - Yohans, van de Lied, Stolk, Saulus, Pinchetti - Csák, Wiesenekker.

It was an obvious ambition of Ducks to attack on the flanks. Ducks had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 10:th minute when Delano Saulus came up alone against Jurren Scherpenisse who managed a block.

GOAL!!
The 12th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Wageningen was Eus van der Krogt.

Yellow Card
The referee showed Wageningens Francisco Neto the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

25 minutes: A great save by goaltender Gertjan Kampen in the 25:th minute kept the visitors in the game as Kenneth Vinke struck from the left with a real cannonball.

Yellow Card
28 minutes: The referee showed Duckss Daniël van Bijnen the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

29 minutes: Due to a severely mistimed tackle, Kenneth Vinke of Spartak spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. Ducks seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the inadequate level of organisation. Qi Hoo-Kok should probably have put his team up another goal in the 29:th minute, but some great goaltending by Gertjan Kampen kept the visitors in the game.

36 minutes: A great save by goaltender Gertjan Kampen in the 36:th minute kept the visitors in the game as Lei Hayes struck from the left with a real cannonball.

Half Time
45 minutes: 1 - 0 was the half-time score. Wageningen, bringing the final ball possession rate to 66 percent, dominated the battle.

46 minutes: The Ducks players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization and regained a solid organisation.

67 minutes: With 67 minutes played Kiessy van het Wiel could have brought this one home for Wageningen, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high.

Yellow Card
69 minutes: In the games 69:th minute Wageningen´s Paul Smyth fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Paul Smyth for taking a dive.

GOAL!!
72 minutes: A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Wageningen lead up with 2 - 0. Kenneth Vinke finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle.

GOAL!!
87 minutes: A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Wageningen lead up with 3 - 0. Francisco Neto finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle.

88 minutes: Ducks seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the weak level of organisation.

GOAL!!
89 minutes: In the 89:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Francisco Neto dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Wageningen.

Hit the Woodwork
After an industrious effort down the middle Paul Smyth could have closed the game off in the 89:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post.

Yellow Card
Eus van der Krogt of Wageningen received a yellow card in the 89:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Wageningen, bringing the final ball possession rate to 74 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Wageningen player was without a doubt Qi Hoo-Kok. Paul Smyth on the other hand, had a terrible day. Ducks´s best player was Daniël van Bijnen. Gertjan Kampen was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 0.

Acorazado Fuerte - Wartham United 6 - 2
1655 spectators had come to Acorazado Fuerte Arena this cloudy day. Acorazado had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Adolfsson - van Haaften, Hoekstra, Barzel - Puerta, Geijtenbeek, van der Klauw, Ernst - Koene, Onofras, Hovingh Meertens.

Wartham had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Ioannidis - Edwards, Matthews, Gietelink - Mika, Laporte, Singh, Moulin - Hammond, Smets, Rowan.

Wartham seemed to prefer attacking in the middle.

GOAL!!
A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 6:th minute allowed Tony Rowan to score 0 - 1 for Wartham.

Yellow Card
Warthams Brendan Gietelink got himself booked after a foul.

Aaaargh!!
Acorazado were forced to a substitution as Stefan Adolfsson couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Jari Poffers to come in from the sidelines.

GOAL!!
27 minutes: Due to some great work on the right wing Acorazado:s Wilko Koene was able to even the score in the 27:th minute to 1 - 1.

GOAL!!
32 minutes: After 32 minutes Warthams Alec Matthews made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 1 - 2.

Aaaargh!!
34 minutes: 34 minutes into the game Wartham's Tony Rowan had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Chris Kneale.

GOAL!!
37 minutes: Noël van der Klauw pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 36:th minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 2 - 2 equaliser away.

Yellow Card
Guy Smets of Wartham received a yellow card in the 37:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

GOAL!!
39 minutes: 3 - 2 was a funny story: the seemingly nonchalant lob from Acorazado´s Wilko Koene landed at the feet of Niculae Onofras who sent it into the net - goal!

GOAL!!
A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Acorazado´s Noël van der Klauw putting the lead up to 4 - 2.

Half Time
45 minutes: The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 2. Acorazado held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

GOAL!!
66 minutes: Acorazado put themselves up 5 - 2 when Jason Hoekstra broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him.

By now Acorazado were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

GOAL!!
70 minutes: Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Niculae Onofras squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 70:th minute, asserting the lead to 6 - 2.

74 minutes: Sipke Hovingh Meertens almost managed to score another goal for Acorazado, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Acorazado, with an impressive 62 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Acorazado player was without a doubt Noël van der Klauw. Sipke Hovingh Meertens on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Wartham player was Quintin Mika. Brendan Gietelink on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 6 - 2.

Elsaak
12-01-2005, 18:02
well, I put today nearly my A team, but I've tried a new schema : 4-5-1 that I never used before...

it could give me high regrets according to the result.... [cry]

nice game however

Melifluous
12-01-2005, 18:17
Holy shit updating all those games in real time is hard work [:p]

Melifluous

Swingue
12-01-2005, 19:17
quote:
You are already subscribed to MatchID 0.

PP SV - SwingStars 3 - 1
90 minutes: FINISHED

Aristocats - Meli's Manglers 4 - 1
90 minutes: FINISHED

[charge]
That means Swingstars are first! Got to play the match of the season next sun so this 3-1 in the local office derby is a great result for us.

PP 32 stars vs Swingstars 24 stars

ProPain
12-01-2005, 19:20
WON THE OFFICE DERBY: HAHAHAHA

SWINGSTARS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

English_brit
12-01-2005, 19:25
lol Meli.

Nice result for PP. Braggin rights in the office for a while now. Although as Swingstars won the division not really sure. lol

Yellow Boots made it through aswell. (wonders if we'll end up meeting each other again in the next roung) lol

Dell19
12-01-2005, 19:36
Best point was that the injury is for just a week.

yndy
12-01-2005, 19:36
Congrats to all, the drawing of the next matches will be done tomorrow morning, you'll have it when you log the first time tomorrow.

Kemal, it's been said that the ratings are calculated at the beginning of the match and from then on every influence is presented only in the match report.

Kingreno
12-01-2005, 20:00
I seriously would like to say that there is something wrong with the scores.

my results:

Chimists-Aristocats 2-3
Swingue-Arostocats 2-1
Aristocats-Grasshop 3-0
PP SV -Aristocats 0-4
Aristocats-Meil M 4-1

that should be 12 points....only 9 were rewarded.

Sorry swingue, but I should be groupwinner![blush2]

EDIT, the proof [whatsthis

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Kingreno/2005112201916_UitslagenCDZcup.jpg
16.52KB

English_brit
12-01-2005, 20:21
Good point. Amazed noone in your group noticed it before. [eek]

Q
12-01-2005, 20:41
Spartak Wageningen is in the same pool (III) as Acorazado Fuerte. But I don't think it's possible that I draw them tomorrow because in the group stages we already played a match. Am I right?

Schip
12-01-2005, 23:38
I hope not, you injured my 350K goalkeeper for 4!!!!! weeks. :( I shouldn't have fielded him I know.....

Bootstoots
13-01-2005, 00:12
I'm glad to have made it to the winner's pool. I wasn't expecting a win over Shabba, especially after I played MOTS on a lark last game. The next matches should be fun, and a rematch with Toffee's could easily happen.

I ran the scores on all the matches (as posted in the thread) and it looks like everything's right except for Swingstars and Aristocats, which should be switched as mentioned above.

note: I originally had PP SV above Chemists, but I made a stupid mistake

yndy
13-01-2005, 05:50
Sorry Kingreno, error admitted and corrected. Congratulations for winning your group [goodjob]

Swingue, I'll return you the bribe next time we meet is that too late for you? [smokin] ;)

Tariq, and Schip you might meet again, you were close enough in the table you deserve a second match to see who's the best.

yndy
13-01-2005, 06:06
Draw is made using Excel's Random function to select numbers between 1 and 4. For each pool the matches are: 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4. Starting with the highest placed team in each pool I'll assign a random number to each team. If the number is already assigned, I'll draw again. Confused again [confused] ?

Pool 1:
FC Suca ........................ 4
Toffee's United ............. 1
Swing...er..Aristocats... 2
Yellow Boots ............... 3

Pool 2:
Dynamo Morpork ....... 1
Swingstars .................. 4
Shabba FC ................... 3
Chemists ..................... 2

Pool 3:
Acorazado Fuerte ....... 3
PP SV .......................... 2
Spartak Wageningen ... 4 (oops!)
FC DE Snaken .............. 1

Pool 4:
Meli's Manglers ........... 1
Elsaak FC .................... 3
Dom Ducks ................. 4
Chimica Tarnaveni ..... 2

Grasshoopers Elm will play home in their first match against Wartham United.

That's it, the matches will be spelled out in the sticky thread as well.

Schip
13-01-2005, 10:46
OK, revenge. My loss against Spartak cost me a good place in this cup's edition. We will win this one!!!!.....I think.

BTW: it wasn't Spartak that injured my keeper it was Wartham, I'll get them next time.

English_brit
13-01-2005, 11:12
lol

Melifluous
13-01-2005, 11:37
Not gonna let Yndy take the blame on this one as it was almost certainly me when I was sorting the league tables out over Xmas.

My humble apologies to KingReno and Swingue [blush][blush2]

I guess I should have left all the hard stuff for Yndy to sort out [blush]

Well at least Yndy and I get to play each other in the bottom knockout group to see who was really to blame [:p]

Melifluous

Q
13-01-2005, 11:37
It was also Wartham that head butted my back Ivan Pantelic, he's now injured for 8 weeks. They're really some sort of barbarians.

Kingreno
13-01-2005, 11:41
Thanx Meli and Yndy! No hard feelings at all as I am more than happy to play in the finals. [dance]

Oh and swingue, don't worry, at least you get to say you beat the later winner of the cup in the groupstages! [tongue]

Swingue
13-01-2005, 14:14
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

Thanx Meli and Yndy! No hard feelings at all as I am more than happy to play in the finals. [dance]

Oh and swingue, don't worry, at least you get to say you beat the later winner of the cup in the groupstages! [tongue]

I protest! :D
Hmm, had I known this my tactics would have been different (so would pp's btw).

But congrats Reno!

Melifluous
13-01-2005, 14:22
2 points to make...

You can protest, but there was an error made by the admins, which has now been corrected. You could easily have kept an eye on the other matches and realised it sooner if it mattered that much.

Also I'm a little worried that you say that your and PPs tactics would have differed. I do hope you are not suggesting that PP would have deliberately thrown the match to let you win the group?

Really really sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I'll let you have another go on my mother again if it would help [:p]

Melifluous

Shabbaman
13-01-2005, 14:59

I do hope you are not suggesting that PP would have deliberately thrown the match to let you win the group?

Seriously, who'd do that in an office derby? A full season of bragging rights is on stake!

yndy
13-01-2005, 17:31
Swingue, your protest is being dismissed for lack of supporting evidence. You can’t prove you could have done better as you cannot change the past. The charges for the trial are EUR 2,000 hattrick money payable in equal halves to Meli’s Manglers and Chimica Tarnaveni. You will receive a notification in your Club window when this is effective. :)

Swingue and PP, if you’re planning a rebellion we’ll send Shabba to rebuff you. ;)

ProPain
13-01-2005, 18:58
I'm not complaining at all. I won! PP SV is the official winner of the CQ Cup. One season of bragging rights are secured. :)

Swingue is lucky I'll be away on my honeymoon, when I return in 2 weeks the sharp edges of the feeling of utter despair caused by losing the office grudge match probably have worn off. Such a shame, in 2 weeks all my sneed remarks won't be as effective as they could have been.

Maybe I'll postpone the trip.....

Dell19
13-01-2005, 19:54
quote:Originally posted by Q

It was also Wartham that head butted my back Ivan Pantelic, he's now injured for 8 weeks. They're really some sort of barbarians.

I seem to have one nasty player who is my reserve wingback. He keeps on picking up cards which seems to suggest that he is at a very high nastiness rating.

Kemal
13-01-2005, 20:15
Btw, we are now playing with cup rules, right?

yndy
13-01-2005, 21:09
Yes, play with Cup Rules please !

Swingue
14-01-2005, 17:23

2 points to make...

You can protest, but there was an error made by the admins, which has now been corrected. You could easily have kept an eye on the other matches and realised it sooner if it mattered that much.

Also I'm a little worried that you say that your and PPs tactics would have differed. I do hope you are not suggesting that PP would have deliberately thrown the match to let you win the group?

Melifluous

PP would not let me win the group, but with the false standings he had a chance of winning so he fielded a good team. With the false standing I did not need a good result to become first so I fielded my second team.

But no worries about the error, the CDZ cup is too much fun to be occupied by this. Now lets slaugther the next team [cool]

Swingue
14-01-2005, 17:25

Swingue, your protest is being dismissed for lack of supporting evidence. You can’t prove you could have done better as you cannot change the past. The charges for the trial are EUR 2,000 hattrick money payable in equal halves to Meli’s Manglers and Chimica Tarnaveni. You will receive a notification in your Club window when this is effective. :)

Swingue and PP, if you’re planning a rebellion we’ll send Shabba to rebuff you. ;)

Hmm 2000 euro Hattrick money, do I also have to be in anarchy for 7 turns?

Dell19
18-01-2005, 19:03
3-0 down in the bottom of the cup clash...

Melifluous
18-01-2005, 19:04
Yeah I'm watching.

Dirty bloody team you got Dell.

Do players always get strecthered off in your matches?

Melifluous

Dell19
18-01-2005, 19:09
He has the player who thrives in dirty games and is having a great performance... Anyway no one has been injured yet.

Melifluous
18-01-2005, 19:10
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

Anyway no one has been injured yet.

Interesting point to make.

Quite wrong though [:P]

quote:In the 42nd minute Warthams Brendan Gietelink received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

Grasshoppers were forced to a substitution as Roland Prochaska couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Sebastian Etzel to come in from the sidelines

Its that wingback again isnt it?

[charge]

Melifluous

Dell19
18-01-2005, 19:13
Yeah maybe I shouldn't play him... Pretty disappointed to be 3 goals down after only slightly losing on possession.

Dell19
18-01-2005, 19:28
Cheran Singh pulls a goal back... but they soon restore the three goal lead. My midfield sucks and this is my first team midfield lineup...

5-1 down with half of my first team, feel like sacking them all.

English_brit
18-01-2005, 20:31
Yep. :(

yndy
18-01-2005, 21:33
Two goals ahead of you Meli, are you preparing a comeback in the second half maybe?

Kemal
18-01-2005, 21:40
Toffee's Utd - Aristocats ongoing atm at 1-1.. but it looks like a very unfortunately injury to about the most expensive trainee I've ever seen, 17 year old Moritz Muntz, bought for 1.8 million euro by Toffee's last month, has been substituted. [eek]

Hopefully it's not too bad, English brit.. :(

Ger Gaastra of Aristocats has been sent off, though not for the foul on Moritz.

English_brit
18-01-2005, 21:51
Yep, I just hope his injuries not for long. :(

English_brit
18-01-2005, 22:54
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Toffees Utd Arena saw a crowd turnout of 2562. Toffees had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Sauter - Pearson, Lonie, Hickey - Sutton, Erflod, Fujishiro, Munz, Ayala - Hollenstein, Aertse.

Aristocats had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. They fielded: Pinto - Zirngibl, Maassen, Gaastra, Ajello, Vink - Dalhuizen, van den Burg, Tomic - Gunning, Latinovics.

Aristocats were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Daniel Ajello suddenly found himself completely free on the right wing, when a counterattack by Aristocats caught their opponents by surprise. Only a great save by the enemy goalie prevented him from scoring. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Ger Gaastra needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. Aristocatss counterattacks were lethal to the opposing defense, allowing Jesper Gunning to score easily from the right flank for 0 - 1. After 33 minutes of play Pierre-André Hollenstein equalised for Toffees after an elegant attack from the right. Pierre-André Hollenstein of Toffees received a yellow card in the 33rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Toffees made a substitution in the 33rd minute. Moritz Munz limped off the field and was replaced by Piero Liguori. Aristocats had to manage with a reduced squad from the 34:th minute on, as Ger Gaastra got sent off for a foul in a free situation. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Toffees held the ball, with a clear 78 percent possession rate.

Toffees tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. A long pass from the defense line of Aristocats resulted in a counterattack that set Henning Zirngibl free, but the keeper made a spectacular diving save. Toffees were very close to putting themselves one up in the 65:th minute as Simon Erflod got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Harald Fujishiro of Toffees received a yellow card in the 74:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After 84 minutes Puck Aertse made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Pierre-André Hollenstein who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 2 - 1. Piero Liguori of Toffees received a yellow card in the 87:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Toffees put their lead ahead another goal as Puck Aertse struck home the 3 - 1 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. Toffees held the ball, with a clear 77 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Toffees player was without a doubt Harald Fujishiro. However, Stuart Sutton made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Aristocats player was without a doubt Henning Zirngibl. Jesper Gunning on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 1.

Unlucky Kingreno. I didn't think I'd pull it off, even after your player was sent off as your defence is so good. My keeper had a good game luckily.

Best news out of all of it is my 17 year old trainee, Munz, is only injured for 1 week but bruised, so no loss of training. :)

Chuffed to have made the CDZ Cup Final. I've only played in the CDZ Cup once before and got a bronze medal then, so whatever the outcome in the final I've improved on last time, so I'm more than happy.

Good luck to Yellow Boots and FC Suca in the other semi final.

Kingreno
18-01-2005, 23:03
Congrats English Brit![goodjob]

On the match, indeed the sending off of Ger Gaastra (formidable defending, 4 stars) did it for me. I do believe that if he'd stayed on the pitch it could have been my win. He also does not pick up that many cards in a regular season.
Your one week injury should be okay by next week! great!

As for myself, I will be going for bronze and wish the rest of the teams all the best!

English_brit
18-01-2005, 23:18
Thanks, good luck in the semi. Not that I think you'll need it if you can keep 11 men on the pitch. lol

Melifluous
19-01-2005, 00:42
Well what can I say.

0-5.

I got spanked by the admin :D

Good game Yndy.

quote:1371 spectators had come to Melis Manglers Arena this cloudy day. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Carrol, Verspoor, Bryan - Quigley-Parks, Sprengen, Mottram, Dzhugashvili, Young - Greenwood, Denezhkina.

Chimica had chosen a strategic 2-5-3 formation. Lineup: Gruia - Er#337;ss, Albescu - Gruia, Kiskapusi, Ioanitoaia, Macavei, Nica - Bos, Åhltorp, Bojin.

Manglers mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Chimica took the lead after 11 minutes with 0 - 1. Kristian Åhltorp placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. The visitors Kristian Åhltorp took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 14:th minute. 0 - 2 for Chimica. Tommy Denezhkina of Manglers received a yellow card in the 27:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Anton Dzhugashvili seemed highly inexperienced when in the 33rd minute he was loitering with the ball, allowing Miklós Kiskapusi to intercept and strike 0-3 for Chimica. Chimica´s Laurentiu Albescu received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 38:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 4. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. By now Chimica were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Chimica had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to weak. 0 - 4 was the half-time score. This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

During the break Chimica´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again, getting them up to solid organisation. Chimica had, after 51 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure. Chimica seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the weak level of organisation. After 69 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Nik Bos who increased Chimica´s lead to 0 - 5. Nik Bos was, after 71 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Félix Becerra saved. Mark Verspoor of Manglers received a yellow card in the 74:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Chimica, with an impressive 55 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Manglers player was Félix Becerra. Rick Sprengen was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Chimica player was without a doubt Nik Bos. George Macavei was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 5.

Its never a good game when your keeper lets in 5 goals without reply and still gets mentioned as your best player [cry]

Oh well HO ranks us as 25 stars me versus 36 stars him.

Did anyone have a walkover this week huh? [cool]

Good game.

I had exactly 2 pieces of input in that game, 2 yellow cards.

Yndy scored 5 and missed 2.

Outclassed and Outgunned.

Melifluous

English_brit
19-01-2005, 01:36
Unlucky, congrats to Yndy. Nice win.

Kemal
19-01-2005, 17:16
Hmm, FC De Snaken - PP SV 0-0 so far, but I started off by immediately granting PP's veteran top striker Toon Niezing a bad foot injury.

Sorry PP.. :(

Elsaak
19-01-2005, 17:45
4-2 against Dom Duck
great, but one injury for me, and next match missing for his stricker....

Shabbaman
19-01-2005, 18:50
Shabba FC - Swingstars 2-5. No injuries. It looks like my elderly midfield backups are preparing for their retirement.

Kemal
19-01-2005, 18:50
FC De Snaken - PP SV 0-2

Kinda disappointing, I had better midfield ratings (poor/very low) vs PP's wretched(high), he did slightly better in defense, but ultimately PP's deadly wingers were what destroyed me I guess, his right and left side attacks couldn't be stopped.

Also, the get-well cards and flowers have been diverted to the Hintermass house, as PP took his revenge and crippled my midfielder:

Baldemar hintermayr: out for 4 weeks
Toon Niezing: out for 5 weeks

Wow, nice friendly match that was...

Q
19-01-2005, 19:00
Acorazado Fuerte - Spartak Wageningen 3-1

My players were a bit rough today, got 3 cards and I injured 2 players of Schip.
Well, on average I receive 3 cards a match, but injuring 2 players in one match is a (negative) record.

Schip
19-01-2005, 23:09
don't beat yourself up about it Q. I got about 8 inhuries this season. You injured a wingback (first team) for +1, his still training, and a reserve midfielder/forward for +2 . I needed 5 docters anyway, to get my keeper back to full health, so I must say I didn't even care. I'm happy about the win though, 9th place here we come!

Swingue
19-01-2005, 23:37
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

FC De Snaken - PP SV 0-2

Toon Niezing: out for 5 weeks

Wow, nice friendly match that was...

He will be pleased about that one, he is always bragging about Toon Niezing at the office. [cry]

Bootstoots
20-01-2005, 02:54
Yellow Boots - FC Suca 0-6

I lost rather badly, but I'm not surprised. I did manage to nearly split possession, but his attack ratings were considerably stronger than mine. Looking forward to the bronze match with Aristocats.

yndy
20-01-2005, 03:33
Impressive win for ciuly, looks like english_brit has a tough job ahead. I've made the draws for the finals please have a look, is early morning for me so no guarantees.

Elsaak, I'm looking forward for our next match, I really need to avenge the defeat in the previous match.

ciuly
20-01-2005, 08:21
Nice match. Thought I would lose the possession so I tried the pressing tactic. It didn't work, fortunately [:P].

Hard game ahead against english_brit,I hope I will be able to defeat him, even if he starts as favorite. Thanks yndy for making me play away again. :)

English_brit
20-01-2005, 09:36
Congrats on the win Ciuly. I wouldn't have myself down as favourite for the final though. I'd bet on you. lol

Good luck to everyone in the 2nd legs. :)

Elsaak
20-01-2005, 15:37
Elsaak, I'm looking forward for our next match, I really need to avenge the defeat in the previous match.

Yes, I'm waiting for our revenge.
1-0 was quite a surprise form me next time, so even if I'm once more at home, I think you're the favorite...

Kemal
25-01-2005, 21:50
Grand final of the 4th edition of the cdz cup being played at this very moment, 2-2 now between Toffee's Utd and FC Suca in a very tense game.

English_brit
25-01-2005, 21:52
Yep, I think Suca will win it in the 2nd half.

Kingreno
25-01-2005, 21:53
You got the possesion Toffee's! I think this may even end up in extratime!

English_brit
25-01-2005, 22:03
Could do although I think he'll win by 1 or 2 goals by fulltime. That's my hunch. I've been wrong many times before though so hopefully I will be again. lol

Kemal
25-01-2005, 22:26
Indeed, an impressive fightback will be needed now to take it into overtime...

ciuly
25-01-2005, 22:30
I was lucky in guessing you will use AIM and probably 2 wingers TM and I put 2 CD's, instead of 1 as usual. The flanks are wide open (one extra IM on one side and a pure winger offensive on the other side).

English_brit
25-01-2005, 22:39
Well guessed. Was hoping you wouldn't anticipate it as I don't normally play AIM even when I have played with 2 WTM recently.

Kingreno
25-01-2005, 22:49
Congrats Suca for the gold and English Brit for the silver. Good final!

ciuly
25-01-2005, 22:50
It was a nice match. Congrats and maybe will meet again in a friendly for a re-match, I don't think yndy will let me participate in CDZ cup again.:)

edit: Thanks. It was fun playing in this cup.

Dell19
25-01-2005, 22:50
4-2 gaining some credibility after the heavy away defeat. No injuries and we won without two players who would normally have played if they had not been injured but training.

English_brit
25-01-2005, 22:57
Congratulations Ciuly. Deserving winner of the Cup. :)

Why wouldn't Yndy let you play again in it?

Nice result Dell. Especially without the other players.

Kemal
25-01-2005, 23:02
Well done clinching the CDZ-cup ciuly!

Plux
25-01-2005, 23:07
Congrats ciuly! May the best winner have won! :D

yndy
26-01-2005, 06:10
Well done ciuly, it was a good result and everyone who ever played the CDZ Cup gets a permanent invitation so don't worry there :).

Still it's possbile that you will still be in the National Cup when the next edition starts earlier than this time [evil].

@ English_brit: nice cup run all the way to the final, you had a decent shot there. To answer your question, I've asked ciuly to join as he's a friend of mine and wanted to increase a bit participation in the cup. But I didn't ask him to join in order to take the Cup for himself. [blink][eek]

akots
26-01-2005, 07:26
Hail to the strongest, FC Suca![thumbsup]

Now tell us a secret of how to build a team like this...

socralynnek
26-01-2005, 10:10
Congrats to FC Suca!

After getting heavy defeats in my group, I am happy not finishing last.
(I don't think Dell has a weaker team, I was just lucky...)

And thanks to all others for a nice and interesting cup and a big "Thank you" to the organizers.

Melifluous
26-01-2005, 11:21
Congrats FC Suca.

I would also like to bring to your attention the battle for 15th and 16th place played out last night between Dom Ducks and myself.

An almighty battle between 4-5-1 CA and 5-4-1 CA. Sounds dull?

Check this out.

quote:Date: 25/01/2005 at 21.00
MatchID: 31718189
Arena: Melis Manglers Arena
Crowd: 1104

A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 1104 to Melis Manglers Arena. Manglers started off with a 4-5-1 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Radley, Bryan, Carrol, Verspoor - Magnusson, Almlius, de Klaver, Germain, Quigley-Parks - Taylor.

Ducks tactics involved an interesting 5-4-1 combination. They fielded: Kampen - Bouwman, Koelemeijer, Stolk, van der Wijst, Álamo - Boerkamp, Bergmans, Saulus, Pinchetti - Al-Sulayman.

Manglers clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Ducks. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manglers´s Erdem de Klaver got himself booked. Manglers seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the poor level of organisation. Bill Carrol hit the ball just perfect in the 18:th minute and could score for Manglers with a fab long shot to 1 - 0. In the games 21st minute the visitors levelled to 1 - 1 as Timothy Koelemeijer struck home on a bar rebound, following a shot from the right. 28 minutes into the game a free kick combination hooked into the box almost resulted in the home team taking the lead, but the last header went wide. Ducks mounted an inspired counterattack in the 33rd minute, but Timothy Koelemeijer was unable to convert from short range. Ducks had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Félix Becerra saved Wiljo van der Wijst´s shot headed for the top corner. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 59 percent, dominated the battle.

The Manglers players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization and regained a passable organisation. The bicycle kick from Gert-Marijn Pinchetti would have been the Goal of the Year, had it not hit the posts. IJsbrand Stolk of Ducks received a yellow card in the 65:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Hogan Radley behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 77:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Manglers got a penalty shot in the 82nd minute, but Stephen Taylor fumbled the shot slightly and Gertjan Kampen was able to block. Bill Carrol of Manglers received a yellow card in the 87:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 66 percent, dominated the battle.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed. It was a hot and sunny day, and several players seemed worn out. Maybe this was why Mark Bryan found unusually much space for his snappy footwork. The result was still a draw, so the game had to be settled with penalties.

Manglers´s Stephen Taylor hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 1 - 1. Ducks´s Sjakie Boerkamp cooly put the ball past Félix Becerra. 1 - 2. Manglers´s Mark Bryan was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Gertjan Kampen. Score still 1 - 2. Ducks´s Jan Willem Bergmans hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 1 - 2. Manglers´s Andy Quigley-Parks was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Gertjan Kampen. Score still 1 - 2. Ducks´s Laban Bouwman had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 1 - 3. Manglers´s Frank Magnusson made no mistake. Gertjan Kampen didn´t have a chance. 2 - 3. Ducks´s Timothy Koelemeijer was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Félix Becerra. Score still 2 - 3. Manglers´s Mark Verspoor had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 3 - 3. Ducks´s Haddad Salim Al-Sulayman penalty shot was very well placed but Félix Becerra went the right way, blocking it spectacularly. The score was still 3 - 3. Manglers´s Urban Almlius cooly put the ball past Gertjan Kampen. 4 - 3. When it comes to placing a ball precisely, IJsbrand Stolk is a real wizard. Putting it safely away for Ducks to 4 - 4. Manglers´s Bill Carrol was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Gertjan Kampen. Score still 4 - 4. Ducks´s Wiljo van der Wijst cooly put the ball past Félix Becerra. 4 - 5.

The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Félix Becerra.Frank Magnusson on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Ducks player was Timothy Koelemeijer. Gertjan Kampen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 5.

And the HTmail I got from Pluxx.

quote:Hi Meli, 117 mins played and still 1-1! who would've thought? Oops, I think I forgot to appoint penalty takers, so if nothing happens next three mins, it's sure win for you!

and the next one

quote:Subject hahaha

I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON LOSER I WON I WON I WON I WON

Congrats!

How will I rue that missed penalty in the second half :(

Melifluous

PS. For Plux's info I also didnt set my penalty takers [:p]

Håkon
26-01-2005, 16:53
Congrats to the champ! Anyone who pwns the former winner 8-1 deserves the victory... :D

Oh, and my no-attack policy seems to work, too. 1-0 on a penalty from my divine SP taker.

Plux
26-01-2005, 17:14
Yes, good game, Meli. You know the difference between #15 and #16 is HUGE! ;)

yndy
26-01-2005, 17:16
In a very strange match where Elsaak had the ball most of the time, I scored 5 out of 5 chances and conceded 2 goals at the end of the match. An even 1-1 at injuries although I injured his forward 2 weeks and he injured my defender for only 1 week.

Kingreno
26-01-2005, 19:20
quote:1419 spectators had come to Aristocats Arena this cloudy day. Aristocats had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. Lineup: Pinto - Zirngibl, Maassen, Gaastra, Ajello, Vink - Tomic, van den Burg, Dalhuizen - Zengers, Latinovics.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Brown - Falbrant, Slipèeviæ, Fernández - Pilar, Righetti, Piñeiro, Biler, Visan - Train, Tomlin.

Aristocats were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Aristocats almost scored after a swift counterattack 5 minutes into the game, but Wesley Zengers put a shot from the left flank that went just outside. Yellow took the lead in the games 23rd minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Ryan Train was the scorer. The referee showed Yellows Ryan Train the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Aristocats were forced to a substitution as Henning Zirngibl couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Johnny Angelle to come in from the sidelines. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 77 percent possession of the ball.

Mats Falbrant increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. In the games 51st minute Aristocats´s Johnny Angelle fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Johnny Angelle for taking a dive. Šimun Slipèeviæ could have put his team up another one in the 65:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. In the games 71st minute Aristocats´s Eddo Maassen fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Eddo Maassen for taking a dive. After the ball got lifted in from the left Miguel Piñeiro was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 72 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. In 73rd minute of game time Aristocats´s Eddo Maassen received his second yellow card and was sent off. Yellow came close to extending their lead as Silvio Biler delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 77 percent possession rate.

Aristocats´s best player was Ger Gaastra. Armando Pinto on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Yellow player was Silvio Biler. Billie Tomlin on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 2.

And Boots rightfully takes the Bronze![goodjob]
Good game for him and he deserved to win it. I had a sending off again, seems my players find the CDZ cup important!

Kemal
26-01-2005, 19:28
Snaken take 11th place with a lucky goal in a match full of incidents, 6 yellows in total, resulting in one sending-off for my midfielder.

quote:
The 675 spectators at FC De Snaken Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Durzyñski - Poorter, Öztürk, Meesen - Malmholt, Kajak, Lucado, Balyon, Irvine - de Silguy, Sánchez.

Wageningen had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Scherpenisse - Mccloud, Neto, Silooy - Smyth, Hoo-Kok, Sarri, Hayes, Vinke - Basten, van het Wiel.

In the 6:th minute an unfortunate play by Marcin Durzyñski gave the visitors a chance at the lead, but Lei Hayes, finding himself alone with the keeper, was unable to take advantage of the situation. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Snaken´s Wietse Balyon got himself booked. Jan-Pieter Basten had a good try in the 18:th minute, coming in on a fine move from the left, but the ball went wide. Kenneth Vinke of Wageningen received a yellow card in the 23rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

Wageningen had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 54:th minute when Kenneth Vinke came up alone against Marcin Durzyñski who managed a block. In the 57:th minute Snakens Sören Malmholt received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Mauro Sarri needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. The referee showed Wageningens Ard Silooy the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Harold Poorter went down after a savage challenge, but could keep on playing after some medical attention. Snaken broke through to the left in the 74:th minute, Berke Can Öztürk firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 1 - 0 lead. When Wietse Balyon made yet another studs first tackle, in the games 79th minute, the referee was obliged to book the Snaken player for the second time, sending him off the pitch. The referee showed Wageningens Kiessy van het Wiel the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Wageningen held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

Most important Snaken player was Marcin Durzyñski. Harold Poorter on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Wageningen player was Kiessy van het Wiel. However, John Mccloud made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 0.

ciuly
26-01-2005, 21:39
Thanks all[charge]. I'll try to take part in the next CDZ cup, unless I manage to get far in the national cup (and I don't think I will :(, have to fight for promotion next season )

Schip
26-01-2005, 22:24
Congrats Suca you deserved it. I also have to congratulate PP (again grrrr). My 'all attack' tactics didn't work. Apparently your midfield also sucks without central defenders.
Well 2-5-3 was good for passing training anyway!

Let's get ready for our first lustrum edition. I will start a new discussion threat! REVENGE!!!!!!

Kemal
26-01-2005, 22:51
Before we start discussing the next edition already, a big thanks to yndy and meli for organizing and running this 4th edition, another big succes. [goodjob]

And although in the end Snaken could not best their 3rd edition performance, it seems that the average level of play in this cup has risen considerably compared to the previous one, and except for a lucky result perhaps vs PP which did not happen, I could not have improved on where I end in the final ranking at all, I feel, despite playing quite some first team players in some of the matches.

Shabbaman
26-01-2005, 23:49
Shabba beats Chemists 6-0. Star midfielder injured for 5 weeks, akots might find his horses head in his bed tomorrow.
Point of interest: my forward trainees formed the defence and got a clean sheet, a better performance than my regular players.

English_brit
26-01-2005, 23:53
Yeah, thanks Yndy and Meli. Enjoyed playing in this Cup. Appreciate all the time you've both put in to managing it. :)

akots
27-01-2005, 03:09
@Shabba: I guess when 2.5-3-star players have to play with +5-star team, the only way they see fit is use the dirty tricks. :)

Looking forward to cup number 5!

Q
27-01-2005, 11:45
Thanks to the organisers of this Cup. I'm looking forward to the next edition! I hope this edition starts early in the season.

yndy
28-01-2005, 11:39
I’m a little busy these days, so the final table will be updated with a short delay.

Bootstoots
29-01-2005, 03:44
I too would like to thank yndy and Meli for organizing and running this cup. I'm very satisfied with my third-place finish and I'm looking forward to the next cup!