PDA

View Full Version : *spoiler* Jack vs Lt. 'Killer'M.

jack merchant
11-04-2003, 23:06
to be updated when the game starts

jack merchant
10-05-2003, 01:29
My neighbours are the Ottomans again - that's the third PBEM out of five where I have them as neighbours ! My min sci run on mathematics failed (started too late, I guess) and since Killer got writing too, I'm seriously screwed on the tech front.
However, the Ottomans don't seem to have any resources so I'll just continue my archer buildup and wearily beat the tech out of them once again ;)

jack merchant
17-05-2003, 12:57
Here's a look at the Chinese peninsula:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/jack merchant/2003517125559_JMvsK_lands1.jpg
36.51KB

The invasion of Ottomania should take place in 2-3 turns or so - hopefully I can weaken them enough in the first blow to have no trouble grabbing the Pyramids in the second.

jack merchant
29-05-2003, 03:03
Sorry for the lack of updates - and I have basically already lost this game :( Killer caught me completely by surprise, with half my troops on the island to the north. My homeland defense is pathetic and I have not enough troops now to survive. We'll play it out and I've learned some valuable lessons.

- don't trust your opponent, even if he comes over as friendly and cooperative
- be prepared for sneak attacks.
- if your opponents suggests a common plan, formalize it in a treaty and post it in the open thread !
- don't lose your rep too early - my rep went with the war on Carthage, something I had completely overlooked (trade routes don't work when they go through enemy coastal waters !) and it went downhill from there.
- when an AI nearby builds TGL, beat them up enough to weaken them perrmanently, then put off capturing it for as long as you can (what Killer did). While I was mortgaging my entire economy and selling my lone iron and/or horses on several occasions to keep up, Killer had no such problems.

ERIKK
29-05-2003, 10:08
quote:Originally posted by jack merchant

- don't trust your opponent, even if he comes over as friendly and cooperative
- be prepared for sneak attacks.
- if your opponents suggests a common plan, formalize it in a treaty and post it in the open thread !

Hehe, you should have read about my games against aggie and anarres! A treaty can be interpreted different ways! Have clear treaties or nop treaties at all!

Aggie
29-05-2003, 10:20
Yes, always double check your arrangements with the opponent.

Skyfish
29-05-2003, 10:42
I don't believe a treaty with Killer is worth the virtual paper it's written on...
If he sees you in a position of weakness, he'll strike ASAP !

anarres
29-05-2003, 10:50
What was the agreement? Did you have a non-aggression treaty?

Skyfish
29-05-2003, 10:51
Nothing formal I believe....

Hey anarres get on MSN we have some news

jack merchant
29-05-2003, 11:43
Nothing formal, no. However, we did discuss plans for dealing with the AIs, which led me to trust Killer - stupid ! Next time I'll watch him like a hawk [lol]

NorthWind
30-05-2003, 14:17
I've been reading everyone's spoiler threads in preparation for my first match against Killer. A definite theme seems to come across.....

Based on posts like yours I'll try to be ready for action at all times!