PDA

View Full Version : Erikk vs Beam Edition V - * * SPOILER * *

Beam
30-10-2004, 13:22
We are going for the Guinness Book of Records!

Start pos. is in the Open Thread. I moved one settler on the plains with the hut. Never before was I so happy popping a map of the region! This is turn 10:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/20041030132120_t10map.jpg
73.64KB

Rik Meleet
30-10-2004, 15:24
Nice rivers, Nice cows, gold hill, plenty of BG's ... this looks good.

Beam
30-10-2004, 17:09
The King must have been in a good mood! The map is with similar starts so erikk prob. has to same goodies. Finished the Gran around turn 20 and it started throwing out settlers.

Beam
31-10-2004, 20:13
Turn 56:

This has been a real expansion game unit now and it will continue for quiet a number of turns from now. The Mayans are about level with the AI in land area, pop, cities etc. The Incas are behind on that.

Evil erikk decided to invest in the SoZ! In this game Ivory isn't a prereq and I completely forgot about that. In return Maya did a successfull Phil. run which gave a 4 tech advantage over the Inca (Phil, CoL, MM and Poly). A Lit. run can save him and I've been considering to go for it. Research is going very well however and since he has Maths and IW he might run for Const or Curr as well. In other words it will be hard to counter him on a mono or rare tech. Maya are researching Curr atm.

The map is littered with cows! Chicken Pizza is running a 3-4 settler fac and only needs on cow for that.

Current plan is to move to Feud asap and have some credible defenses.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/20041031203649_t56minimap.jpg
12.4KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/20041031203716_t56map.jpg
190.25KB

Pastorius
31-10-2004, 20:39
Beat im up scotty :D

@the map:
All hail the king

that is a lot of cities for 56 turns btw

I am at turn 46 with GA, and I only have N cities ...hm...

Too late to reconsider the strat. now, and I dont have time to evaluate what I could have done differently.

Instead let me ask you this:

how many settler facs do you have there? I gather you have crammed out as many as possible, but I dont think it is likely that you have built all in just 1-2 cities...

just realized I posted spoiler info

Beam
31-10-2004, 20:52
Just one: Chicken Pizza. It has been building settlers since turn 20. One every 4 turns. That's about 8 settlers until now. The other cities support expansion by building warriors and workers and can just keep up with the expansion rate. 3 other cities have build a settler as well iirc. Just connected the 3rd lux so police warriors aren't really required anymore.

Beam
09-11-2004, 16:06
Turn 83:

Two brave curraghs cleared coastal fog and met near erikks land so we can make a guestimate about his size.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/2004119155919_minimapt83.jpg
14.8KB

The inland sea also is fully explored, nasty surprise in the center of it KR! ;) An island composed of 9 Vulcanos.

Erikk still lacks Currency, everybody else is in the MA (some of them helped by the Maya). Germans got Engineering as free tech and the Maya are 6 turns from Feud. Techs currently in the market:
- Engineering
- Republic
- Monarchy

Literature not researched yet. Given the size of the Mayan empire I'd like to go for Rep. asap.

Best route to erikk seems to be thru the East where 2 weak AI reside. Aztecs are the largest and erikks neighbours.

Beam
22-11-2004, 23:26
Turn 135:

Decided to attack the Zulu couple of turns cause they are both weak and have 2 luxes. :) Luxes are in the pocket now as is the GA and the Maya are moving toward MT atm opening the road to attack China with Cavs.

Found out that Erikk has masterminded a plan with the Sjinees to eliminate the Germans but not just that, they signed a RoP so once he is thru Germany he can move straight ahead. Concerning, erikk just told me however that the Aztecs are invading him. Bad news for him cause his force is elsewhere, it also shows KR has prepared us a true battlemap!

Erikk is far behind in techs, just got Gunpowder while the Maya are researching MT in 3 for crushing the Sjinees. True battlegame :)

Beam
01-12-2004, 16:29
Turn 153:

A lot has happened since the last update.

First of all: Erikk was RoP backstabbed by the Aztecs while fighting Germany and had to abandon the attack. He had to arrange MA's with the Vikes and the Chinese vs. the Aztecs. This just made things even easier for me. Zulu were eliminated down to one city on the Vike-Aztec border. Meantime erikk lost a couple of cities but could reconquer all but one with heavy losses.

The Chinese lands were conquered pretty straight forward quickly followed by the Germans. Right now there is no buffering Civ left between the 2 of us. [evil]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/2004121162311_futurebattlefield.jpg
228.91KB

The Inca cities in the S appear to be empty so a likely assumption is that there will be an Inca defense line further N.

Inca still have to research Edu and MT while the Maya are already researching Steam Power.

Beam
01-12-2004, 22:41
154:

After a steady move N war with Inca was declared. Konigsberg, Munich, Nuremberg and Ta-tu fell, only Konigsberg was defended with a Pike. Erikk must be in a difficult position, I even asked him if he was considering to concede but he wanted to play on. There must be some kind of maginot line there.

4 more cities are due next turn if everythinh goes well.

Rik Meleet
02-12-2004, 00:05
I don't think even a Maginot-line would save him. You have the lands of at least 2,5 civ and Erik was already struggling in his own backyard...

Are you sure your hinterland is safe ?

Beam
02-12-2004, 00:24
quote:Are you sure your hinterland is safe ?

An Aztec-Vike war is the best life insurance I could ever get.

Beam
04-12-2004, 13:58
Turn 155:

Caught another 5 Inca cities (all undefended) and 5 more are targeted for next turn. Mailed erikk to ask he was sure he wanted to keep on playing and he tould me he would despite things not looking great for him. Since he has a RoP with both the Aztecs and the Vikes he might send a small force through their lands. So about 12 Cavs were assigned to the western borders as extra defense.

The diminishing Inca empire:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/2004124135653_mapt155.jpg
264.88KB

Beam
09-12-2004, 20:17
Some changes happened in the Inca core in the past couple of turns:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/2004129201157_mapt159.jpg
253.2KB

The first wave of Cavs is reduced to 2 units, a 2nd wave is about ready to march in. [evil] Progress will be slower because I've been avoiding the heavily defended spots but with 4 cities left every unit lost by erikk hits real hard where I can produce about 4 Cavs/turn.

Socrates
09-12-2004, 20:28
I'll never get used to it, but : cavalries and railroads are so freaking in Civ3 !!! [eek] I personnally have some difficulty in taming the idea of such blitz campaigns... Anyway, congrats for your victory, Beam ! [goodjob] I remember when you spoke about this game for half an hour on Friday night in Breda. That's when I knew I didn't get lost and was in the right place after my train trip. :D

But still... blitz campaigns... freak me out in Civ3, and in PBEM... I remember when I was reading Aggie's games before I joined here, and I was wondering how I could hold on my position in the industrial era with such units and railroads around... Man, I feel sick again. [goggle]