PDA

View Full Version : Daily problem contest 1 (November 2004)

akots
30-10-2004, 07:06
This thread will have a new problem chess position to solve every day. At least we hope so. It will be a contest. You can pm the answer to it to akots (or krys as a backup) no later than 6am GMT. User to which pm the answers will be indicated for each problem but it is akots by default. All who answer correctly, will receive one or more points. At the end of the month, the player with the highest number of points will be announced as the contest champion and his name will be entered in the Hall of Champions.

Please note that solution does not have to be a mate in 2 or 3 or 4 moves. It might be just finding a beautiful combination or winning substantial material from a certain position.

We also assume that there is no cheating including use of chess programs such as Chessmaster, Fritz etc. Sure, they can beat Kasparov. Moreover, there is no way to control whether the program has been used. And this contest is rather simple. Lets try to think with the brain!

Also, if somebody has interesting problems, please send them to krys or me, we'll just check them out for consistency and assign how many points they cost and then use in the contest as well!

akots
30-10-2004, 07:17
The contest has been finished. But there will be new on the way for the month of December ending January 1st!

akots
30-10-2004, 07:28
The results of previous contest (number 33).
There was a sinlge submission from Banzai. It was essentially correct and Banzai gets 8 points for it.

Solution of problems 33 and 34 can be found in the corresponding thread:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2107

Aggie
30-10-2004, 07:41
Hmmm, tough crowd :)

Rik Meleet
18-11-2004, 21:26
I've found a little programm that allows you to edit the board; but the computer doesn't analyse for you. It is just that you can visualise what is on the board, without the need of a real chessboard next to your PC.

If you are interested; it is here:http://www.chesscaptor.com/download.php

Rik Meleet
25-11-2004, 12:30
quote:Originally posted by akots

The results of previous contest (number 30).
There were 2 submissions: Banzai solved the puzzle and got 2 point. Rik also tried but was not successfull. I object !! [slap]

My solution is correct (in my POV) only partly incorrectly written down. I typed g4 instead of g5 and g3 instead of g4, but my following moves clearly indicated what I meant.

Banzai
26-11-2004, 09:06
quote:Originally posted by akots

I'm sorry I dead fucking drunk, I cannot post neither solution nor puzzle. Please accept my apology. All fucking deadlines are fucking delayed. I'm fucking sorry.

What the fuck?! [cry]
[drunk]

col
26-11-2004, 10:01
:roflmao

akots
04-12-2004, 05:13
The new contest has started, so the thread is closed.