PDA

View Full Version : Last night's user record (84)

Grille
27-10-2004, 10:44
Don't know if this is an issue, but last night a real crowd of bots invaded CDZ.[eek]

On the active users list, some of the 'unknown' were officially editing profiles.[hmm]

Banzai
27-10-2004, 12:05
Maybe those bots are responsible for the downtime??

anarres
27-10-2004, 15:35
Weird. [???] Me or PP needs to be online to examine the details of who the bots are, which is a shame as I would have been able to tell if they were from one source or not...

FWIW when I checked the main page to see the record I picked up the full stats (which people normally can't see, since the totals only include fora you have access to):

146 of 252 Members have made 35199 posts in 80 forums...
There are currently 2034 topics...

Aggie
27-10-2004, 15:38
FWIW I havben't experienced a lot of downtime in the last week (knock on wood), at least not nearly as much as previous weeks...

anarres
27-10-2004, 16:27
Our ISP did promise to try to find the asshole who is killing our servers, and deal with them. I can only hope that the crazy period is over.

Grille
28-10-2004, 12:26
I recall that I was the only member online then, some regular guests were seen as well. Most bots were listed 'active' for 10 or 0 minutes. But isn't there access logged anyways, so you could possibly trace them?

For the record, when the active-users thing was implemented, I noticed that I was ocasionally counted 'twice' if I did not auto log on (as guest and member after logging in; and after receiving the actual stats).

anarres
28-10-2004, 12:48
I could trace a bot with extreme pain and difficulty, and plenty of time. Maybe.

Not the kind of thing I intend to do unless someone's life depends on it...

Grille
28-10-2004, 13:01
Sure.:)
With the last passage I posted above, I guessed the number of unknown guests may have just not been listed correctly anyways.
(which isn't a thing someone's life depends on either...;))