PDA

View Full Version : Fun of the past - Bugs of now

Socrates
25-10-2004, 15:28
I've just come upon CFC's C3C chat that occurred last year, and I found it pretty fun in a way to read that again. :D If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a link :
[EDIT : fuck those links who don't show up properly ; all you have to do is to type : "kryszcztov anarres DrA Paalikles" in Google, and click on the cached raw text from the chat]
I put colours on myself, anarres, DrA and Paalikles, the 4 CDZers who voiced most (well, I hadn't even joined CDZ then, but I was lurking and already thinking of joining).

First, it clearly appears that Paalikles is the uncontested überspammer, chatting about anything, from CFC-chatroom hype stuff to C3C content. The guy is obviously very social and friendly. :D

After that, it appears that anarres, DrA and myself weren't that interested in what C3C would add to the game, but in what it would fix. Is that a European trait ? [hmm] Is it a CDZ trait ? [hmm] Is it a seriously-addicted-to-Civ trait ? [hmm] Anyway, during the official chat our answers were very vaguely answered, and I can recall chatting with a French guy (who quotes me at the end) in another window, and our disappointment about the chat was growing every minute.

But the best (funniest ?) part lies after the moderated chat ends. Suddenly a lot of people want their questions really answered, myself included, and it turns into a chatting feast !! :D We can see Puwen (a former CDZer, it seems) saying those questions sucked, to which I partly agreed. And then I whined a lot about language compatibility, to which Merepatra answered progress was made, but no definitive answer at all, and guess what ? 2 months later I bought C3C and found it wasn't fixed. :(

Anyway, anarres and DrA voiced big time about RCP, and they eventually got a Yes, but was that sure ? Not quite. 2 months later it would still not be fixed properly. But how funny it is to see them ask "And RCP ?" again and again ! [lol] I'll end that with a short sequence :

[17:53] <Dominae> Mere: what about RCP? ;)
lol
[17:54] <+Merepatra_BA> because we didn't need a Hungarian civ for the Conquests... you could ask the same question about 100 civs, but we could only fit in 7
[17:54] <Dominae> (Just kidding, you've probably had enough questions about that already)
got it wrong, I guess ;)
[17:54] [17:54] *** Thunderfall changes 4[topic] to 'Welcome to CivFanatics Chat Room!'
[17:54] <anarres> RCP will be fixed by magic. No-one knows but somehow it will be gone...
[17:54] <anarres> hmm
[17:54] <DrA> LOL
lol indeed
[17:54] <anarres> i hope so anyway
[17:54] <Paalikles> hehe
[17:54] <+Merepatra_BA> It is gone
waoh ! she must have almost died from intensive testing [mischief]
[17:54] <durfal> Can you add more civs on the choice menu? (I know 31 ingame is hardcoded)
[17:54] <NuclearisWinterius> Question: Is firaxis admitedly using black magic to fix bugs?
rotfl [lol]
[17:54] <Guest4> ok
[17:54] [17:54] *** gunnerxtr has quit IRC (Quit:)
[17:54] <kryszcztov> so i'll be able to play pbem at last
playing PBEMs with RCP wasn't for me, one of the reasons I joined late
[17:55] <Paalikles> hm...so then there is only OCP left?
OCP ? is that a bug ? [tongue]
[17:55] <DrA> woot! lets hope they get average corruption instead of lowest :D
no, that would be too easy of a solution, in fact they got highest corruption for more challenge !!! [thumbsup]

Pastorius
25-10-2004, 16:06
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

(...)
First, it clearly appears that Paalikles is the uncontested überspammer, chatting about anything, from CFC-chatroom hype stuff to C3C content. The guy is obviously very social and friendly. :D
(...)

:)

hehe, I manage to get Chieftess annoyed because of that though...
I find it less interesting to hang out there now, and I only go to find Ginger Ale when we are playing our pbem...

Ginger_Ale
26-10-2004, 01:54
[mischief]

Play the save!!!!!!!!!!

;)