PDA

View Full Version : My Conquests - STOPPED

Socrates
20-10-2004, 23:15
No, if you thought that you would see pics of girls here, then you're totally wrong. [lol] CDZ is a serious place, uh ? We all march by some inspiring martial rythm onto fields of glory. [hmm] Here I will store the results of the conquest scenarios that shipped with C3C, as I play them. No big spoiler here, just results.

P.S. : I left barbs to default, ie. AI units not patrolling, for comparison purpose.

I played Mesopotamia once early in the year, on version 1.00, but it wasn't that unplayable (no FP and no gpt deal, or almost). The game was easily won, but I missed one wonder. That's because I spent too much time settling nowhere instead of concentrating well on the goal.

Conquest : Mesopotamia

version : C3C 1.00
civ : Sumerians
difficulty : Emperor
AI agression : Normal

outcome : Wonder victory in 880BC (turn 96)
scenario points : 4335 (techs : 1035, wonders : 3300)
score : 6068

footnotes :
top rival : Phoenicians (1585)
I built 6 wonders (all but Temple of Artemis (Phoenicians))
No idea how the world size bug struck this game.

Socrates
20-10-2004, 23:25
Then I stopped playing them because I wanted to wait for the ultimate patch. Given the present situation, I resumed my conquest activity (equals to [groucho] for the metaphore). I wanted more challenge from the AIs, and because I knew the map and what to really do, I tried it on Deity, but still with my precious Sumerians. It turned out that I played the scenario much better, but I couldn't prevent the AIs from building 3 wonders. Blame this on hard luck, or should I say : wonder cascade and the fact that I didn't get the habit to track AI cities on wonders.

Conquest : Mesopotamia

version : C3C 1.22
civ : Sumerians
difficulty : Deity

outcome : Wonder victory in 1000BC (turn 90)
scenario points : 3390 (techs : 1165, wonders : 2225)
score : 6101

footnotes :
I used the standard map setting for the world size bug.
list of civs ranked by scenario points :
1- Sumerians : 3390 (Colossus, Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Great Lighthouse)
2- Egyptians : 2420 (Statue of Zeus, Mausoleum of Mausollos)
3- Phoenicians : 1830 (Temple of Artemis)
4- Mycenians : 1685
5- Hittites : 1580
6- Babylonians : 1530
7- Medes : 1305

Here is the minimap on turn 89 :

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/kryszcztov/20041212234528_Cq1-1.JPG
10.8KB

Socrates
12-12-2004, 23:30
I eventually "ended" my Rise of Rome game, as Rome... with an abandon on turn 109 (195AD). :( 21 turns to go, and I'm at 7% land and 23% population (Persians : respectively 12% and 30%), with no sign of a close boom in either category. A crappy way of playing was later interpretted as some kind of variant : no building mounted units nor arties, no rushing units. [eek] [blush] I was at war with the Celts all along, and of course with Carthage, and it proved difficult to wage war everywhere... especially as I didn't get any leader before turn 80. :( I understood that I lack much warfare skill, even with this "variant", my eternal problem. I succeeded in disconnecting the Punic ivory source in today Lybia, but I'm so late in beating Carthage that the situation is hopeless (Persia is leading by far in points, and anyway I wouldn't call that a real victory). You'll find more stuff about this particular game at CFC, written last night :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=2405869#post2405869

Conquest : Rise of Rome

version : C3C 1.22
civ : Romans
difficulty : Deity

outcome : abandon in 195AD (turn 109)
land : 7%, population : 23% (not counted)
score : 4473 (not counted)

footnotes :
I used the large map setting for the world size bug.
List of turns on which I got MGLs and the corresponding unit renaming, which followed a "formation" theme (Romans ;) ) :
turn 80 : "Formation Triangle" (triangle)
turn 84 : "Formation Tortue" (turtle)
turn 86 : "Formation Trident" (trident)
turn 89 : "Formation Scientifique" (scientific formation, silly me)
turn 91 : "Formation BTS Charpentier" (formation for being carpenter, I guess, don't know if this particular degree exists in France [lol] )
turn 103 : "Désin-Formation par FOX News" (disinformation by assholes)

Here is the minimap on turn 109 :

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/kryszcztov/20041212233015_Cq2-1.JPG
12.37*KB

Matrix
09-08-2005, 16:35
Why don't you make a HOF, like I did? ;)

http://www.straland.com/C3CHOF.html

Socrates
09-08-2005, 16:46
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Why don't you make a HOF, like I did? ;)

Because I have no skill in programming, because I played so few games, and because I didn't think of that.

I tried to play Fall of Rome, but lost taste in it. I also lost taste in advance in playing the other conquests. They are even more buggy than the epic game, and that tells a lot about my motivation regarding them. ;)

Apparently Civ4 will be shipped with some scenarios. We'll see.