PDA

View Full Version : GA vs Paali - OPEN THREAD

Pastorius
18-10-2004, 23:41
This thread is to publicly display any agreements made during or prior to the game. To ensure that those who break them will suffer when people point and laugh at them...

IIRC Ginger Ale and myself have agreed on no mass MA against humans. Only 1 at a time.

Other deals are probably going to follow. We havent met yet.

Pastorius
27-12-2004, 00:56
I want your attention on the following:

Ginger Ale has reported difficulties playing saves I send. He says he immediately gets the save and exit options, which sounds very peculiar in my opinion, since the game works well for me.

I fear his inability to play normal turns is giving me an unfair advantage: I was able to raze a city of his which he normally could have rushed a defender in. 2 turns before that, I declared on him because he didnt renew the peace treaty. In retrospect, he might have been unable to send back a diplo offer, so perhaps I hasted a bit.

I dont know what the fuck to do - why does he have problems, and have any of you guys experienced this before? Know a way to fix it? I love the progress i ve had with Russia (which hasnt anything to do with his problems of course), so I wouldnt want to replay a lot of turns because of that. But I want it to be a fair game for both parties, so I would gladly replay if it means he gets to do what he indended to do with his nation. Please give feedback on this if you can

Thanks

Ginger_Ale
27-12-2004, 02:43
I'll give you all a screenshot of it, and I'll email the save(s) that cause me problems to Beam (the mapmaker) to so he if gets the screens...

Lt. Killer M
04-01-2005, 15:04
hm, this is the opposite of what killed the game between argihs and me: I could NOT save at all.

Pastorius
04-01-2005, 23:24
Here is how GA describes it per email:

quote:I cannot look at the map.

I cannot enter my password.

I get:

"King Paalikles of the Greeks, etc, etc"
"Monarch"

I hit enter, normally get the password screen, but sometimes get the:
"Save & Exit"
"Continue"

Grille
04-01-2005, 23:34
Did one of you possibly load the game via the MP-setup screen?

Pastorius
04-01-2005, 23:50
I never do. Perhaps he does. Come to think of it, that is the only thing I havent asked him about.

grs
04-01-2005, 23:59
This happens when you load a MP save out of an ongoing sp game. At least it does to me. It is fixed by restarting civ and loading the save from the start screen with the normal "load a game" option.

Pastorius
05-01-2005, 00:19
Ah. That probably explains why I havent seen it while he has. I havent played single player in a while, and I never play both SP and MP in the same session.

Thanks a lot guys. Dunno what I would do without you. Only hope Ginger Ale sees this soon, so he stops playing sp and mp in the same civ session...

Ginger_Ale
05-01-2005, 01:08
Ah.

Usually I will play SP before my MP saves.

Today, I did not.

Thus it worked. I will make sure to do these first. Thank you grs. :)

Pastorius
05-01-2005, 01:12
Just thought I would post the current agreement:

As of turn 138:

Greeks give: Peace

Iroquis give: Peace, 10gpt, 1 worker

(Let's just say I wont be so generous again, no that the problem is fixed [hammer] )