PDA

View Full Version : Start of the new season

Dell19
17-10-2004, 19:06
After finishing third last season the aim is to try and win the division since this time I should be able to pick a team for each game.

First game of the season was at home to fourth and after losing to them twice last season I decided to play MOTS to get the win and we won 4-1 placing us second in the table. 1st v 2nd saw last years relegated team win 3-0 against an injured plagued team so hopefully they are still beatable. Next game should be a close win against one of the midtable teams and then we have another big game at home against last season's second placed team (bedwardios).

Also thinking about upgrading the stadium after another full house.

quote:15000 spectators arrived at Wartham United Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Wartham started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Nilsson - Edwards, Matthews, Budd - Singh, Crook, Singh, MacSweeney, Mika - Devlin, Coakley.

Power_House tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. They fielded: Usúa - Arnal, Treacy, Consolas, Kobćk Larsen - Mitroi, Hutton, Rochester, Gray - Robertsson, Ibbotson.

Many thought Homer Coakley ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 11th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Juan Carlos Usúa. After a fine move down the middle Jon Edwards nearly gave the home side one up in the 26:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Olimpiu Mitroi came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 35:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Nils-Petter Nilsson managed to tip the ball to a corner. Wartham were very close to putting themselves one up in the 36:th minute as George Crook got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Alec Matthews gave his Wartham the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Wartham held the ball, with a clear 69 percent possession rate.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Wartham lead up with 2 - 0. Homer Coakley finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Power_House´s Sergio Arnal got himself booked. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 59 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Wartham. However, Juan Carlos Usúa made a spectacular save. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 73 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Wartham. However, Juan Carlos Usúa made a spectacular save. 74 minutes into the game, Jason Hutton finished off a left wing counter attack, scoring 2 - 1 for Power_House. George Crook of Wartham received a yellow card in the 75:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After 77 minutes Homer Coakley put Wartham ahead 3 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Power_House´s Franz Kobćk Larsen got himself booked. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Wartham lead up with 4 - 1. Homer Coakley finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. This third goal made a hat trick for Homer Coakley. The structure of the game started to change as Wartham decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Wartham held the ball, with a clear 81 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Wartham player was without a doubt Dhamadhipa Singh. Richard Budd on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Power_House player was without a doubt Olimpiu Mitroi. Ian Treacy on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 1.

And the table:

1. Athletico Psychobab 1 4 - 0 3

2. Wartham United 1 4 - 1 3
3. Worcester Eagles 1 3 - 0 3
4. shawmilssbarmyarmy 1 6 - 6 1
5. R13 UNDERGROUND 1 6 - 6 1
6. Power_House 1 1 - 4 0
7. bedwardios FC 1 0 - 3 0
8. blood sweat and tea 1 0 - 4 0

ProPain
18-10-2004, 08:07
Just promoted to this division, so my aim is to consolidate my position. I analysed my opponents and I think no3 position should be feasable this season, if I'm lucky maybe no2 position. One team seems clearly stronger and I'm facing them next week so that should tell me something about this seasons possibilities.

Started the season against the other team that promoted:

quote:The crowd of 6302 turning up at PP SV Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: van Loen - Nobbe, Boote, van Zeeland - Benetis, van Harsselaar, Daemen, van Klooster, Kloppenberg - Drent, Niezing.

dwergen had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Nederblad - Vlaskamp, Modderman, Scheerstra, Mudhoen - van den Doel, Jagtenberg, Wierx van Rhijn, Gehrmann - de Jong, Dolstra.

Lars van Harsselaar gave his PP the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in PP´s Toon Niezing putting the lead up to 2 - 0. After an industrious effort down the middle Sjors Drent could have closed the game off in the 39:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. PP put themselves up 3 - 0 when Sjors Drent broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put PP lead up with 4 - 0. Sjors Drent finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Halftime score was 4 - 0. PP held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

With 73 minutes played Iwan Daemen could have brought this one home for PP, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. The defense of dwergen resulted in a counterattack that gave Tjitse Modderman a good look at the goal, but his shot glanced harmlessly off the crossbar. With 80 minutes played Toon Niezing could have brought this one home for PP, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. Sjors Drent almost managed to score another goal for PP, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. After 88 minutes Toon Niezing put PP ahead 5 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. PP put themselves up 6 - 0 when Remco Nobbe broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. By now PP were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. PP held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Brunis Benetis. Mick van Loen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating dwergen player was without a doubt Ton Dolstra. However, Tjitse Modderman made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 6 - 0.

This is very much like last season: good result, bad crowd turn-up. I really don't get why I have this crowd problem, results have been extremely good with 17 wins and 1 loss, the last 18 games. Both supporters and sponsors are happy. If they would just put their money where their mouth is.....

Ah well, for now I rank no. 1 in the league, but that will most likely change when I face the strongest team next week. They had a walk over this week and he's playing at home, so I think I'll have to suck up a loss.

Kemal
18-10-2004, 11:44
quote:
Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and FC De Snaken Arena saw a crowd turnout of 4435. Snaken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Miłek - Ruijg, Öztürk, Meesen - Irvine, López, Bastos, Solaque, Heinz - Harpaz, Böőr.

Santa tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Arzens - Mouwen, Heijster, van Osch - Brommer, Hoogweg , Odyak, Oostenbach, Bennebroek - Loesberg, Brummelhuis.

Santa seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Snaken took the lead by 1 - 0 after a penalty in the 2nd minute. Fabian Heinz scored from the penalty spot. In the games 10:th minute Santa´s Michiel Heijster fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Michiel Heijster for taking a dive. Santa had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to solid. After 24 minutes Krisztián Böőr put Snaken ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. The home side failed to add to their score as Fabian Heinz shot a penalty wide in the 33rd minute. Krisztián Böőr of Snaken received a yellow card in the 38:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Snaken´s André Ruijg got himself booked. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 62 percent possession of the ball.

Santa -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players had solid organisation. With 61 minutes played Hadar Harpaz could have brought this one home for Snaken, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. Santa had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to passable. Santa seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the weak level of organisation. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Snaken lead up with 3 - 0. Krisztián Böőr finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Krisztián Böőr squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 80:th minute, asserting the lead to 4 - 0. By then Krisztián Böőr was a three time scorer - a hat trick! The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. In the 81st minute of the game, Snaken´s André Ruijg had to leave the pitch after receiving his second booking. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 74 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Stanisław Miłek. Krisztián Böőr on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Santa player was Igor van Osch. Kelvin Oostenbach on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.

Great result, I mots-ed as I suspect there are 3 teams fighting for the top two spots in this league, and Santa was one of them. Also, notice how 3 time scores Boor is the most disappointing player... oh well if that's disappointing that promises a lot for the rest of the season I suppose!

Bootstoots
18-10-2004, 11:59
quote:16190 spectators arrived at The Yellow Boot, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Brown - Hawkins, Knott, Fernández - Visan, Righetti, Villar, Berntsen, Örnbom - Tomlin, Burney.

wapak tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. They fielded: Potter - Lacey, Richey, Morón, Riggs - Shaw, Orr, Saunders, Cottrell - Cote, Spence.

Fine winger Rickard Örnbom made one of his many passes from the wing into the middle in the 20:th minute. Theodore Burney went to the air and hit the ball firmly with his forehead for 1 - 0. Yellow put their lead ahead another goal as Egil Berntsen struck home the 2 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. Johnny Hawkins of Yellow received a yellow card in the 31st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Yellow put themselves up 3 - 0 when Alejandro Villar broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The structure of the game started to change as Yellow decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. In the 37:th minute of the game, Yellow´s Johnny Hawkins had to leave the pitch after receiving his second booking. Billie Tomlin struck a 30 metre free kick home in the 38:th minute. 4 - 0 for the home team. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 5 - 0. Billie Tomlin finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Michel Righetti almost managed to score another goal for Yellow, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. The teams went for a half-time break at 5 - 0. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 78 percent possession rate.

Ian Potter was caught napping a bit later as Billie Tomlin lifted a ball over him after a free kick, but the ball hit the bar, rebounding into the keepers arms. Yellow put their lead ahead another goal as Theodore Burney struck home the 6 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. The home sides Billie Tomlin twisted a free kick home in the 72nd minute, putting Yellow ahead 7 - 0. At that, Billie Tomlin was noted down for a hat trick. Theodore Burney increased Yellows lead to 8 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. By then Theodore Burney was a three time scorer - a hat trick! A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 9 - 0. Billie Tomlin finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Yellow made a substitution in the 85:th minute. Randy Knott limped off the field and was replaced by Cary Haas. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 88 percent possession rate.

Yellow´s best player was Billie Tomlin. Rickard Örnbom on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating wapak player was without a doubt Peter Cote. However, Reg Lacey made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 9 - 0.
Starting off the season strong by setting a new team record for goals scored in a match. Both of my strikers scored hat tricks. Another thing I've noticed is that my main opponent last season (who finished second and is in the series for another season) now has considerably lower midfield ratings than I do. On a PIC at home, I received a poor (high) rating, whereas he received wretched (low) for a suspected PIC away, and bad stamina on top of that. If I'm not too unlucky, pulling off a series win shouldn't be too hard this season. Then again, that's what I said last season.

I face him in two weeks at home; two weeks after that, I'll face the demotee from V (the other serious competitor).