PDA

View Full Version : just to say hi

grs
12-10-2004, 16:10
Well, topic says it all. I just found the site after doing some searching for civ pbem sites and games. I've played civ3 for some time, but only started playing pbem recently. Seems to be a small, devoted community here and maybe I challenge some of you to a 1on1 game some time...

Lt. Killer M
12-10-2004, 16:17
welcome, I am sure there's plenty of people willing to give you a good run for your money... erh, well, no, we don#t play for money - just for fun. :D

Socrates
12-10-2004, 16:21
We hate you ! We hate you ! We hate you !!! [lol]

Hey Killer, you can play the newbies first, but I am the new "greetings guy" here, so : off my way !!! [rant]

Welcome grs (since I couldn't hide my fake greetings because of Killer) ! Your pseudo isn't unkown from CFC... Here it is a small community, but it is very active. We have some very, very strong PBEM and in general Civ3 players here, like myself, myself and myself. [:o] Not to forget myself as well (sorry).

[joker] [joker] [joker]

Lt. Killer M
12-10-2004, 16:24
grs, ignore him, he jsut took his 'german' pill today again [rolleyes]

;)

Socrates
12-10-2004, 16:29
Killer trying to deny his German-self... and thus has found someone to get rid of it ! [lol] Stop it, man, can't you accept that you're German forever ? That's not your fault anyway (and not mine too).

BTW, I really don't understand why that "German" thing came to this topic ? [???]

Lt. Killer M
12-10-2004, 16:36
hehe, I am German, yes, but you aren't, just your last post was so typically stereotype-German [lol]

j/k

Socrates
12-10-2004, 16:43
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

just your last post was so typically stereotype-German

Quote the parts you find German-cliché and stuff... [estwing] Come on !

I could as well have a private chat with Killer, but I find it better to settle this once for all on a forum.

(BTW, I didn't forget your "j/k" at the back of your latest post, it shows you're laughing, but it also shows you want to point out some things without really harming me (but you don't have to !))

And who would be proud of being German anyway ? Those guys only go to Volkfest all year ! ;) [party]

Lt. Killer M
12-10-2004, 16:48
quote: We hate you ! We hate you ! We hate you !!!

Hey Killer, you can play the newbies first, but I am the new "greetings guy" here, so : off my way !!!
[snip]We have some very, very strong PBEM and in general Civ3 players here, like myself, myself and myself. Not to forget myself as well (sorry).

there you go!

Socrates
12-10-2004, 16:54

Hey Killer, you can play the newbies first, but I am the new "greetings guy" here, so : off my way !!!
[snip]We have some very, very strong PBEM and in general Civ3 players here, like myself, myself and myself. Not to forget myself as well (sorry).

there you go!

Ah I see. There is a name for that :

"joke" (didn't you see the jokers at the back ?)

Everyone knows that I'm far from being the greatest player around, so there is no sense to feel such a joke has some hidden sense.

grs
12-10-2004, 16:58
> And who would be proud of being German anyway ? Those guys only go to Volkfest all year !

and another battle of stereotypes begins, can't just love each other [kiss]

Lt. Killer M
12-10-2004, 17:03
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

there you go!

Ah I see. There is a name for that :

"joke" (didn't you see the jokers at the back ?)

Everyone knows that I'm far from being the greatest player around, so there is no sense to feel such a joke has some hidden sense.

there you go - that's why I added the j/k at the end [:p]

Socrates
12-10-2004, 17:04
quote:Originally posted by grs

and another battle of stereotypes begins, can't just love each other [kiss]

Oops, he is German !!! [eek] Err... ahem... Twas... a private joke without any sense. Topic closed ! [lol]

Stapel
12-10-2004, 17:04
Could the Krauts and Camemberts please shut up?

About Volksfeste: From a Dutch perspective it has cultural value.

Socrates
12-10-2004, 17:38

there you go - that's why I added the j/k at the end [:p]

Killer, I had the same discussion on another board with other people about first and second sense. I know what I'm up to. People only usind second sense all the freaking time don't make my day. It's a lot funnier to make noise and fun while appearing straight and "first sense". Though I like being really first sense too, sometimes...

I see that people have hard time getting rid of what they think of other people... Me not German !!! [cry] Not for all the world's gold !!! [joker]

Aggie
12-10-2004, 18:53
Hi grs. Welcome to CDZ [yeah]

Shabbaman
12-10-2004, 20:32
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

About Volksfeste: From a Dutch perspective it has cultural value.

So has beer.

Oh.

I get the point.

Anyway, welcome grs!

anarres
12-10-2004, 21:10
Welcome grs! :D

I just added a PBEM forum for you, and you can edit the details from the main forum page if you want.

If you are not playing in the Intersite Demogame with any other team we have a great team here and you are welcome to join. :)

yndy
12-10-2004, 21:35
Welcome grs! :)
Hope you'll enjoy CDZ. Check out the Hattrick forum if you're interested in other games than Civ.

Ginger_Ale
12-10-2004, 22:01
Hi grs! I'm new too (recently). And I agree, PBEMs are quite fun (especially when you beat up Paalikles!! ;) ).

/me wishes he could quit CFC's ISDG :)

Pastorius
12-10-2004, 23:24

;)

[lol] After all this time, you still cant tpye

Hi grs. Welcome welcome welcome. [jump]

Socrates
12-10-2004, 23:46
quote:Originally posted by Ginger_Ale

/me wishes he could quit CFC's ISDG :)

Well, you didn't have to wish for a long time. Fucker !! ;) (note that the smiley is to relax the atmosphere, but we still need an explanation, and I hope everything will be nicely solved)

Ginger_Ale
13-10-2004, 00:35
Explination of what?

Lt. Killer M
13-10-2004, 08:22
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

;)

[lol] After all this time, you still cant tpye
[jump]

that's my trademark, not a typo!