PDA

View Full Version : 2v2v2v2: bye bye Akots, Killer & KR ( a spoiler)

Stapel
12-10-2004, 08:08
My start with the Iroquis:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Stapel/20041011172626_start1.JPG
30.78*KB

I will focus on writing - philo first. My other civ, the Koreans, are not agri, so they won't grow that fast. Thus, I will simply try to get writing philo here. Settling on the wine might help, but I'm not sure. If I settle right here, the worker should move to a wine anyway, thus I move my worker to the east, to reveil more terrain:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Stapel/200410128656_start2.JPG
44.36*KB

Een Koe!
So, guess what: I move the settler there too!

Stapel
12-10-2004, 10:03
The Korean start sucks. I move the settler to the dyes.

mr worker will chop a curragh, I think, and I will use the fish as first tile.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Stapel/200410121026_start3.JPG
21.03KB

Banzai
12-10-2004, 10:25
Are you sure you want to settle on the Dyes? It seems to me it is not on a river!

Banzai!

Socrates
12-10-2004, 10:30
I concur with Banzai and also want to add : why didn't you move onto the gold hill instead, Monsieur Stapel ? [evil] More gold for you there, and still not on the river ! Frankly, I wouldn't have moved the Korean settler anyway...

Rik Meleet
12-10-2004, 11:47
It doesn't seem to be on a river. But I don't see a nice spot in any of the 9 tiles really. I think I'd settled on the starting tile as all 8 other tiles are not substantially better.

digger760
12-10-2004, 12:11
is a square diagonal to a river not on a river?

Aggie
12-10-2004, 13:15
I wouldn't have moved either settler. Settling on the wines reduces the bonus of the wines by half. Now only the commerce bonus remains.

Stapel
12-10-2004, 17:07
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

I wouldn't have moved either settler. Settling on the wines reduces the bonus of the wines by half. Now only the commerce bonus remains.

The cow in the Iroquis start is on bonus grass. Apartf rom that: it will be settler factory, and using the cow, the wheat and the gold hill. And really can't be arsed to use two wine hills!

The Korean start was indeed poor. Shoulnd't have moved it, I guess.

Stapel
12-10-2004, 17:09
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

I concur with Banzai and also want to add : why didn't you move onto the gold hill instead, Monsieur Stapel ? [evil] More gold for you there, and still not on the river ! Frankly, I wouldn't have moved the Korean settler anyway...

The gold hill is not on river, the wine is (I think). I do have 3 food in the central tile! (that means it is on river,doesn't it?)

Socrates
12-10-2004, 18:04
Yeah, but I wasn't talking about the wines (not sure what I wouldn't have done), I was talking about the dyes in the Korean area : it isn't on river if I'm not mistaken, and so I asked : why not settle on the gold hill to get more gold, since it's not on river as well ? Does it make sense ?

Thinking of it, I think I wouldn't have moved the Iroquois settler as well, because I would have had forset tiles to use, and also tobacco in the long run. The gold hill, the wheat and the cow would have been quickly mine, and I could have harvested 2 juicy wines hills as well. Not too bad ! I guess having different strategies is good for getting better together.

Pastorius
12-10-2004, 23:10
I agree with Socrates, the pirate rat (or piRat) and that obscure drawn character on moving Korea settler as a bad idea...

Also, I just wanted to post the above to call you guys silly things.

Looks like your iro start is good though. What is with the title btw? (the bye bye part is what got my attention to this thread)

Stapel
13-10-2004, 07:43
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

I agree with Socrates, the pirate rat (or piRat) and that obscure drawn character on moving Korea settler as a bad idea...I thought it was on river....

quote:Also, I just wanted to post the above to call you guys silly things.

Looks like your iro start is good though. What is with the title btw? (the bye bye part is what got my attention to this thread)
This is a PBEM vs Akots, Killer and Kingreno. they will die, so saying bye bye seems appropriate.

Pastorius
13-10-2004, 09:53
pretty evil [evil]

Stapel
26-10-2004, 13:35
The Koreans made a curragh first. It sailed south and survived one sea crossing. Now it has met Killer's Dutch:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Stapel/2004102613921_18.JPG
47.92KB

So far, no real benefits can be made by trading. Cooperating seems possible though.

I have also located a good spot for a settler factory northwest of the Korean capitol.

Grille
26-10-2004, 22:06
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

So far, no real benefits can be made by trading. Cooperating seems possible though.

Seems like a safe galley route there for some kind of operating.
[groucho]

Stapel
27-10-2004, 15:15
Killer and I had a chat

-I will set Iro research to 0%
-In 15 turns (or sooner), Killer (Dutch) will send writing to the Koreans, and Killer will start on CoL with anything he has.
-The Koreans will send writing to the Iros
-The Iros will send half the money earnt in the meantime towards the Koreans, who will send it to the Dutch.
-The Iros will head for Philo, but they will not get it before they have got CoL
-by this time, you could have sent a curragh north and then west, to meet the Iros, to speed things up 1 turn.

There is a small risk, not getting to philo first, but it is worth it!
If we succes, we will have republic very soon!