PDA

View Full Version : National Cup Matches

Bootstoots
11-10-2004, 22:15
Now that they've expanded the maximum possible number of teams in the Cup to 32,768, I imagine most if not all of us have first round Cup matches. I'm up against a team similar to mine; I think I might have a slight edge over him since I'm playing at home, but it could easily go either way. My third place ranking earned me a considerably lower seeding than last season, though on the bright side, Hattrick Cup Rank showed me as number 3 out of 1024 third-place division VI teams in the USA.

Cruise
11-10-2004, 23:46
I am playing a team with 14-15 stars :D

i have like 36-37 * [:p]

2nd match should be easy, 3rd match should be a bit tougher.

ProPain
12-10-2004, 00:39
I'm facing a team with 30 stars, same as I had before injuries and bad form hit me. I'm now around 28 I guess. I play at home however, so who knows.

Kemal
12-10-2004, 08:18
I'll be playing a 6th division team with 32.5 stars, while I myself, after recently selling some of my midfielder, will be content if I reach 25... so I expect it to be a slaughter really.

But maybe he'll play his reserves, and a cup-upset might be possible. :)

Plux
12-10-2004, 09:33
I wonder why I dont have any cup match show up for me? Did I end that bad last season (6th)?

yndy
12-10-2004, 09:50
Plux, the number of cup participants needs to be a power of 2 so a number of teams will not play in any given cup. For England with 10,920 teams only the first 8192 will play meaning that 2/3 of the players ranked on 6th place in Div VI and all the players ranked 7 and 8 in the same division will not participate.

Romanian league was recently expanded in the same time as the maximum number of teams in the cup meaning that 16,384 teams will participate of which the last 5,464 are bot teams or players that were assigned a team in the last week.

My cup-seed number is also very good 1,003 meaning that I have a good chance of meeting lower quality teams for the first 3 rounds of the cup. Actually that’s my main goal this season, reaching as far as possible in the Cupa României.

Shabbaman
12-10-2004, 10:50
I play a IXth division team. IIRC he has a full twelve stars. I guess I can PIC safely.

Schip
12-10-2004, 17:14
Me playing a IX division team. He/she has received it yesterday. So i´ll play my trainees and PIC. That should be enough to win.

Dell19
13-10-2004, 00:27
I won 7-0 against a team that had been relegated to a bottom league but now I am playing a team from two levels above so I guess I will be going out of the cup but its at home so hopefully I'll get a decent attendence.

Kemal
13-10-2004, 19:19
Guys a miracle has happened, this was my cup match against a 6th division team, 3 division above me!

quote:
FC De Snaken - Gilze 2 - 1
2917 spectators had come to FC De Snaken Arena this cloudy day. Snaken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mi³ek - Meesen, Öztürk, Poorter - Heinz, López, Starac, Solaque, Irvine - Harpaz, Böõr.

Gilze had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. They fielded: van Kregten - Donker, Ploum, Boersma, Kosten, Aertse - Meys, Claes, Romijn, Brocks - van Bommel.

Marten Romijn suddenly found himself completely free on the right wing, when a counterattack by Gilze caught their opponents by surprise. Only a great save by the enemy goalie prevented him from scoring. Snaken´s Imanol López refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 30:th minute. Marten Romijn had a good try in the 38:th minute, coming in on a fine move from the left, but the ball went wide. Snakens Krisztián Böõr gave, after 40 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. Gilzes Albert Kosten got himself booked after a foul. 1 - 0 was the half-time score. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Wilm Meesen really should have scored when he was chosen by fate to confront a wide open goal after a corner, but he lost his nerve. Yi van Kregten was caught napping a bit later as Fabian Heinz lifted a ball over him after a free kick, but the ball hit the bar, rebounding into the keepers arms. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Gilze´s Erik Meys got himself booked. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Snaken lead up with 2 - 0. Imanol López finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. 76 minutes into the game, Albert Kosten finished off a left wing counter attack, scoring 2 - 1 for Gilze. FINISHED

Just checked the ratings: my 23 star-team against his 32!

[dance][party][dance]

Kingreno
13-10-2004, 23:38
[aargh] Lost 2-0 cuase I could not change my line up today, could get in to Hattrick but no further then that.[cry]

ProPain
14-10-2004, 00:06
Won 2-0. Facing a much better 5th division team next, so that will be the last cup match this season. :D

I had good attendance (6K) and next match is also a home match so these 2 matches will get me a nice 60K euro extra.

Bootstoots
14-10-2004, 04:40
quote:
13089 spectators arrived at The Yellow Boot, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Brown - Falbrant, Haas, Slipèeviæ - Visan, Mahmoud, Biler, Berntsen, Pilar - Tomlin, Burney.

Destroying had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Delaney - Alcántara, Rivera, Monk - Höhenberg, Johnson, High, Gaskins, K#322;obuch - Schaefer, Mcgraw.

Shadi Qassem Mahmoud was very close to giving Yellow the lead with an ingenious free kick routine in the 16:th, the ball just grazing the bar. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Yellow´s Serban Visan got himself booked. Yellows Šimun Slipèeviæ gave, after 25 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 48 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Yellow. However, Charlie Delaney made a spectacular save. Šimun Slipèeviæ should probably have put his team up another goal in the 67:th minute, but some great goaltending by Charlie Delaney kept the visitors in the game. Yellow put themselves up 2 - 0 when Theodore Burney broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The structure of the game started to change as Yellow decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. A great save by goaltender Charlie Delaney in the 72nd minute kept the visitors in the game as Billie Tomlin struck from the left with a real cannonball. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Šimun Slipèeviæ. However, Theodore Burney made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Destroying player was without a doubt Eras Rivera. Graig Schaefer on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 0. I beat a team that recently promoted to Div. V (they promoted in extra time during their qualifier). They fielded a fairly weak team, and I had my best midfield ratings in my team's history (on a Normal). Next game is against a strongly defensive team that constantly plays pressing with a 5-4-1 formation and generally wins or loses games by a 1-0 score. I think I'll dominate midfield against them and, with some luck, may advance to the third round again this season. Then again, their incredibly good defensive ratings may shut me down completely.

Shabbaman
14-10-2004, 12:38
I picced and won 0-8. Unfortunately, my star forward got injured for two weeks. I hope the 4 doctors I hired do him any good, since he needs four more weeks of training before I sell him.
I'm coupled to a 7th division team, another away match. That's a pity (although his stadium is bigger than mine, I guess he feels the need to compensate something ;) ).

Congrats PP and kemal, it's always good when the underdog wins!

P.S. Kemal, are we getting an update on "the yndy gamble" anytime soon?

yndy
14-10-2004, 14:43
Congrats to all winners,

I won 6-0 to a bot team and will face an easy opponent next round too.
Sorry KR, Hattrick has a lot of problems lately, I set up the lineups for my next two matches just in case.

Shabba, Kemal sent me some updates on PM, some things are going well, some are not but afaik, he’ll end the gambit in the following week and can draw the bottom line and let us all know about it.

Edit: I’ve just looked at his team, Kemal has switched to keeper training and purchased a solid coach with poor leadership and a 19 years old solid keeping youngster to train this week. He will probably buy a second one next week. In the meantime he’s continually selling solid playmakers, he received more than 650k for 11 players sold and has 11 more on the transferlist.

Kemal
14-10-2004, 14:50
Yes, I'm in the "selling PMs" phase, I'll do a large forum update once the gambit is finished, but I can tell already that it is working, though not as profitable (for me at least) as it looked at first sight (though the transfer marker has not been kind of late it has to be said).

edit: @ yndy's edit: actually the guy is still passable but he'll level up tomorrow. I couldn't afford a solid trainee yet at that time, but this guy has about the same TSI as some solids, but he's about 80K less expensive. If my PMs are selling well I hope to get another 500K and buy an excellent trainee as well.

yndy
14-10-2004, 15:23
I used http://www.hottrick.org/hattrick_keeper_tool.php to figure out the level of your keeper. It estimates he’s a very low solid. He wil definitely level up tomorrow, you made a very good deal and saved some €20k.

Edit: I'm probably under influence, you already mentioned you saved 80k not 20k. [drunk]

Kemal
20-10-2004, 19:06
Oh well, it couldn't last forever I suppose:

quote:
Due to an all-day shower, 5432 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at FC De Snaken Arena. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Durzy#324;ski - Poorter, Öztürk, Meesen - Irvine, Lucado, Hintermayr, Fjällander, Struikman - Harpaz, Bö#337;r.

SheaVas* tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Mariños - da Silva Teles, Bania, Haagsman - Lardenoije, Mahlio, Svendsen, Bossaert, King - Topolewski, Renbeck.

SheaVas*´s John Renbeck gave the visitors a 0 - 1 lead in the 1st minute with a superb strike from the right. The referee showed SheaVas*s Wlodzimierz Bania the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Snaken were forced to a substitution as Bernie Irvine couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Perez van Dijken to come in from the sidelines. SheaVas*´s Wlodzimierz Bania received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 38:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. SheaVas*´s Marek Topolewski received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 42nd minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 3. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. The away team´s Marek Topolewski took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 43rd minute increasing SheaVas*´s lead to 0 - 4. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 43rd minute SheaVas* goal, making it 0 - 5. Vince Haagsman was noted down as the scorer. The structure of the game started to change as SheaVas* decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 5. SheaVas* held the ball, with a clear 73 percent possession rate.

SheaVas* came close to extending their lead as Marek Topolewski delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. SheaVas* came close to extending their lead as Marek Topolewski delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. In the 74:th minute SheaVas*s Marek Topolewski received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. In the 77:th minute Snakens Wilm Meesen received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Wlodzimierz Bania could have put his team up another one in the 77:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. The referee showed Snakens Perez van Dijken the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. SheaVas*´s Roderik King refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 83rd minute. SheaVas* came close to extending their lead as John Renbeck delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. SheaVas* held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

I Didn't even get a single shot at goal in the whole game.. [rolleyes]

ProPain
20-10-2004, 20:07
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and PP SV Arena saw a crowd turnout of 14229. PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: van Loen - van Zeeland, Boote, Nobbe - Kiilerich, Schulte, Daemen, van Klooster, Tudor - Beugels, Niezing.

msttr had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: van Weerdthuizen - Luesley, Cuenca, Martis - Bogarde, Dop, Wiin, Fuentes, Lemaresquier - Castelló, Ågotnes.

msttrs Onne Bogarde got himself booked after a foul. In the 13th minute an unfortunate play by Mick van Loen gave the visitors a chance at the lead, but Peder Wiin, finding himself alone with the keeper, was unable to take advantage of the situation. In the games 14:th minute PP´s Toon Niezing fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Toon Niezing for taking a dive. msttr´s Andy Castelló gave the visitors a 0 - 1 lead in the 18:th minute with a superb strike from the right. msttr came close to extending their lead as Johnny Ågotnes delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. msttr, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

After 62 minutes Allard Boote made a dash down the middle past the away teams defenders scoring 1 - 1. In the games 71st minute PP´s Jarl Kiilerich fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Jarl Kiilerich for taking a dive. msttr took the lead by 1 - 2 after Pier Giorgio Martis curved a free kick into the net. Peder Wiin was, after 74 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Mick van Loen saved. The referee showed msttrs Jürgen Dop the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. msttr held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Vlad Tudor. However, Mick van Loen made a disastrous appearance. msttr´s best player was Jürgen Dop. However, Christopher Luesley made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 2.

I lost, but a close game. I pondered to not field my trainees and MOTS but decided against it. Had I known he'd field this team I prolly decided otherwise.

BUt next sunday I'm facing the best team of my league and I think I rather MOTS then. That match id followed by a walkover (and a relatively easy one iirc) so I can PIC and recover again.

I'm VERY happy with the crowd turn out! This game improved my cash position with 67500 euro. First game was 29000, so these 2 cup matches netted me 96500 euro. [cool][sunn]

Dell19
20-10-2004, 20:29
I lost 0-8 :) Not too suprising when I played my reserves against a much better team and played it cool to increase morale. Gained £48 408 from another full house of 15000 with the stadium currently being expanded to 20000.

Schip
20-10-2004, 23:56
solid 4-1 victory for me.
next week will be more difficult though. I hope for a nice attendence and my opponent concentrating on league results, than I have a chance. We will see.

Bootstoots
21-10-2004, 03:55
quote:Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 31147 to The Yellow Boot. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Haas, Slipèeviæ - Allesch, Mahmoud, Piñeiro, Biler, Pilar - Tomlin, Burney.

RFC had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. They fielded: Flamhult - Oropeza, Selsjö, Pallares, Lujan, Eriksen - Drakman, Nilsson, Olsson, Cooney - Negron.

RFC immediately set off pressing their opponents. RFC's ability to press their opponents all over the field paid off frequently. Yellow had a good opportunity to take the lead as Tom Allesch came up the left side, but he struck the ball weakly and it went straight into the arms of Klas Flamhult. After a fine move down the middle Miguel Piñeiro nearly gave the home side one up in the 32nd minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. RFC took the lead in the games 34:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Tore 'Onne' Nilsson was the scorer. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

Silvio Biler seemed highly inexperienced when in the 74:th minute he was loitering with the ball, allowing Leif Olsson to intercept and strike 0-2 for RFC. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Šimun Slipèeviæ. Theodore Burney on the other hand, had a terrible day. RFC´s best player was Klas Flamhult. Joaquin Pallares on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 2.
I easily dominated possession, but their incredibly good defense completely stifled my attacks. In retrospect, I probably should have played a defensive formation to counter and gone for a win in PK's. But no matter, I will now be able to completely focus on the league. My supporters aren't too unhappy and TS is now high enough that I should be able to do well against my main league opponent in a week and a half.