PDA

View Full Version : Kemal vs Killer 2 - Map Made (Kingreno)

Kemal
30-09-2004, 14:48
Second round, we'd like map specs to be as follows:

- Archipelago,
- large map, with land mass equal to about the landmass normally found on a standard map.
- emperor level
- no barbarians
- 6 AI opponents

We'd both like to play as Egypt, and we play with the additional rule that suicide runs with boats are forbidden.

All other things to be decided by the mapmaker, thanks in advance to anyone who wants to create this one for us. :)

Socrates
30-09-2004, 15:17
Good luck Killer ! :) I wanna see some Killer action taking an edge over the micromanager of the micromanagers ! :D

Here's hoping to see some deadly attacks with war chariots in the middle of a huge floodplain. [egypt]

Kingreno
30-09-2004, 18:03
I can make the Bic this weekend if that is early enough. I will send it to beam for checkups! (ok beam?)

Beam
30-09-2004, 19:01
Fine with me KR, can we get a mapmaking service in return?

Kemal
01-10-2004, 13:14
Sure you can, I'll try and make you two a map... if that's ok with you guys as I have no experience whatsoever with mapmaking or the c3c editor in general, so it could take some time, and the results might be unpredictable.

Kingreno
01-10-2004, 15:21
I like unpredictable!

Beam
01-10-2004, 18:30
Me too! Thanks Kemal [goodjob]

Kingreno
02-10-2004, 14:30
BIC file sent to Beam!

Beam
02-10-2004, 17:51
Where did you send it KR? Didn't get it yet :(

Kingreno
02-10-2004, 18:03
To the enterprise!:D

I used the hotmailaccount on your MSN pasport...

Beam
03-10-2004, 16:04
K, found it, looks good to me. Go ahead!

Kingreno
03-10-2004, 19:33
uhm, I do not have aclue as to how it goes from here.[blush]

I have no dual install or have any knowledge to actually get this on the right level ect. Could you do the final thingies? or is that still a very time-consuming process?

Lt. Killer M
03-10-2004, 19:46
KR: for me it is fine if you simply play turn one for me, then for kemal, without doing anything. (or the other way round, him first then me).

So jsut set up the game as if you wanted to play it yourself
I will PM you my password.

Kingreno
03-10-2004, 21:37
[aargh][aargh][aargh][aargh]

Fuck it!!

ok...calme per sempre...

I cannot possibly get the game to laod on emperor. I followed every instruction on the site and result is zero. The two Human players (1 & 2) are on emperor alright, at least happiness wise...the AI are all on regent no matter what I try, also the techs are on regent too I think. Man, why can't they make a Maspeditor that WORKS! So, anyone got an answer? Killer and Kemal are waiting for their game and after 3 hours of trying I see no hope. Here are all the files you need:

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif KillervsKemal.biq (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Kingreno/2004103213434_KillervsKemal.biq)
59.33KB

Ok, some info on what does work: thank god for small favors,

Kemal plays with the Lawyers (Egypt traits and UU) = player 1
Killer plays with the Archeologists (Egypt traits and UU) = player 2

Select 6 random opponents.

Thats it.[sad]

Beam
03-10-2004, 23:35
I'll give it a try tomorrow. ( and come back with some hints and tips if it works).

Beam
07-10-2004, 19:34
Works flawless here.

- Start C3C.
- In the Main Menu select Multiplayer.
- Then select Play By Email.

You get a screen called Multiplayer Setup. Do the following steps in exactly this sequence:
- Select Difficulty (Emperor in this case)
- In Game Mode select Scenario
- A list with Scenario's is presented, pick the one you've just created.
- Some of the values in Player Setup most likely will have changed by selecting the scenario.
- For each entry makes sure that a Human Player or Computer is assigned and make sure the civilizations correspond with what you had in mind. Use Rename to give the human players their preferred names.
- Verify if the Game Rules settings are correct (including Allow SGL!).
- Press Launch.
- Enter PWs for each player and save and send the 3950BC to Player1.

That's about it.

If it doesn't work try reinstalling Civ.

Good luck!

Kingreno
07-10-2004, 20:35
quote:Select Difficulty

Selecting difficulty "before" selecting scenario did it![party]

Thanx, beam!!!

Gentlemen!

the first turn was sent to kemal!

Lt. Killer M
08-10-2004, 07:35
[party]

thank you both very very much!

time to get [hammer]ed :(

Kemal
08-10-2004, 11:31
Hmm, no turn in my mailbox yet... perhaps you could send to kemal_AT_cqp.nl instead of hotmail please? :)

Kingreno
08-10-2004, 13:55
uh...I send it on MSN to you yesterday! You accepted the file and the Password!

Lt. Killer M
08-10-2004, 13:58
LOL!!!!!!!!

Kemal
08-10-2004, 13:58
[crazyeye] [blush]

Well.. I was busy with the isdg at that time is all I can say in defense of myself really, it totally slipped my mind, I do have it and the pw indeed, thanks for the reminder. :)

Lt. Killer M
08-10-2004, 15:11
ahem, we, uh, we have a problem......

KR, I can build scouts - did you not remove me from the list of civs that can build them?

please recheck the units - I SHOUL be able to build war chariots and UNABEL to build scouts
if it is unly scouts then I will jsut not build them. If I lack war chariots please make a new save.

THANX!!!!

Kingreno
08-10-2004, 16:27
Pffff!

Yeah, good point Killer! Yeah, warchariots are your UU and will give you a GA, however, in picking a second Egypt I replaced portugal, so you can build scouts.[sad]. Good thing is you can simply "not" build them!:)

It will not happen again!

Also, you may have noticed I have NOT removed the SoZ, and even doubled its cultural output![:o]

However, some people report it will now produce a warrior every 10 turns instead of the dreaded ancavs![lol]