PDA

View Full Version : Rise and Rule, anyone?

Hygro
28-09-2004, 05:02
Rise and Rule is out :) Not too many problems with it, though there are a few notable ones.

Anyone interested?

Socrates
28-09-2004, 10:15
I have a French version and so cannot run any mod at all. :D Will have to wait for Civ4.

anarres
28-09-2004, 10:54
I was looking at it the other day, it seems very comprehensive.

If I were to play though it would be after a patch came out, and after an SP game.

Pastorius
28-09-2004, 10:58
Indeed. Woundnt be good to just jump into all that. That game is huge!! (and I dont mean the download - which wouldnt take long)

digger760
28-09-2004, 11:24
never heard of it....tried to look it up on gamespot..but it looks to be an old version?? 1996 vintage.

how about a link?

Could you be refering to the DyP mod?

Socrates
28-09-2004, 11:48
AFAIK, Rise and Rule is the name of the C3C DyP mod, which was released a few days ago. It even made the news and some French strategical games website. anarres, what patch are you talking about ? A patch for this mod because there are some problems, or a patch for C3C in general (and why) ? [lol]

anarres
28-09-2004, 12:22
A patch for this mod, because there are significant bugs atm.

Hygro
29-09-2004, 03:49
a few very notable bugs, especially if you don't have ptw installed (you will need to download the ptw extra units and put them in the appropriate folder). However it is mostly playable and lots of fun.

I too think that we should wait for the R&R (rest and relaxation? RAR like the compressed file?) patch to come out, and then get a good game of like 4+ people. I should first read up on cdz's protocol for actually playing with you guys before we dive right in.

Arghis
02-10-2004, 12:07
When you begin a game, count me in :-)

Nikox
14-01-2005, 22:38
I'm interested to play RAR mod.
I've 1.02 extended version (I know the 1.03 is just coming out, but I couldn't find any place where download it...).
But I'm a newbee as PBEM, first time here, never played PBEM games before.

I live in Italy (greenwich +1) and I don't know if it can match with your time zone.

Beam
15-01-2005, 01:21
quote:I live in Italy (greenwich +1) and I don't know if it can match with your time zone.

You'll find quite a lot of people here in your timezone Nikox! If you've never played PBEM before you might find your first PBEM very challenging even if it isn't RaR. Post a request and you will most likely find an opponent. My PBEM schedule is a little busy atm, I'd be more than happy to make a map for your 1vs1.

Nikox
15-01-2005, 03:13
[/quote] My PBEM schedule is a little busy atm, I'd be more than happy to make a map for your 1vs1.
[/quote]

And I'll be really glad to play it!
But pls use my e-mail as I don't receive any notification, for the replies I get, automatically.

my e-mail is:
nicola.zannoni@libero.it