PDA

View Full Version : Match Results day 13 season 23

Dell19
19-09-2004, 22:49
quote:It was an obvious ambition of bedwardios to attack on the flanks. The terraces were silenced in the 2nd minute as Wartham´s Cecil Devlin put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack from the right. 21 minutes into the game Cecil Devlin had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Homer Coakley. Paul Srivastava made a superb strike at the goal in the 21st minute with a long shot coming in from straight in front of the goal, but one of the visitors defenders got a foot in and warded it off to a corner. Wartham will have to do without Brandon Mason for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by Tommy Tunna.

1-0 up but with my captain injured (for 6 weeks) and my best striker out as well (2 weeks). After that it all went horribly wrong and the final score was 5-1. Disappointing since they are second in the league and the defeat was annoying because of the injuries. Not sure what would have happened if they had still been playing.

ProPain
19-09-2004, 23:16
quote:8900 spectators arrived at PP SV Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. PP tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: van Loen - de Moll, Boote, van Zeeland - Benetis, van Harsselaar, Schulte, Daemen, Kiilerich - Beugels, Niezing.

Drachten had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: de Gier - Mondriaan, de Moor, Haijema, Apon - Eussen, van Waas, Hermsen, Boot - van Veen, Schooneveldt.

In the 12th minute cheers broke out as Rolf Beugels found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for PP. After 17 minutes Iwan Daemen put PP ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. PP put themselves up 3 - 0 when Rolf Beugels broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put PP lead up with 4 - 0. Rolf Beugels finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. By then Rolf Beugels was a three time scorer - a hat trick! The structure of the game started to change as PP decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. PP put their lead ahead another goal as Toon Niezing struck home the 5 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. The teams went for a half-time break at 5 - 0. PP held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.

PP put themselves up 6 - 0 when Rolf Beugels broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. PP put themselves up 7 - 0 when Rolf Beugels broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. In the 73rd minute PPs Pascal Schulte received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. In the 77:th minute PP put themselves up 8 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Rolf Beugels coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. PP´s Lars van Harsselaar left the field after 78 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Sjors Drent. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 82 minutes might have resulted in another goal for PP. However, Gaudi de Gier made a spectacular save. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in PP´s Ludo van Zeeland putting the lead up to 9 - 0. PP held the ball, with a clear 80 percent possession rate.

The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Brunis Benetis. Sjors Drent on the other hand, had a terrible day. Drachten´s best player was Sijmen Hermsen. Ger Mondriaan on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 9 - 0.

Rolf Beugels takes away 7 goals from this match :)
Rather unlucky that one of my midfielders got injured while I'm seeing a general decline in midfield form the last 2 weeks. Time to buy reinforcements I guess.

Kingreno
20-09-2004, 06:25
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Aristocats Arena saw a crowd turnout of 13000. Aristocats tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. They fielded: Saranpää - Gunning, Eichinger, Gaastra, Zirngibl - Claessens, Timmers, Korsten, Tomic - Salman, Wagenaar.

F.C. tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: de Greef - Åkesson, Schmohl, van Culemborg - Adelman, Vencken, Korver, Riepma, aan de Wiel - van den Hoven, Yeldem.

F.C. were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks. F.C. had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 9:th minute when Sebastiaan van den Hoven came up alone against Asmo Saranpää who managed a block. Aristocatss Roderick Wagenaar gave, after 17 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. After 23 minutes Aristocats´s Ger Gaastra contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. F.C. got a chance to level the score as Bart Riepma suddenly found himself free with the goaltender but the finishing shot hit the bar. Aristocats will have to do without Asmo Saranpää for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by André Vugts. F.C. got a chance to level the score as Elon Korver suddenly found himself free with the goaltender but the finishing shot hit the bar. In the game's 30:th minute F.C.´s Bart Riepma limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. 1 - 0 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Aristocats, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

Aristocats´s Ger Gaastra left the field after 49 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Wout van den Burg. The crowd was silenced in the 59:th minute as the visiting teams Çaðrý Yeldem came in from the left, levelling the score to 1 - 1. Many thought Roderick Wagenaar ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 78:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Jonas de Greef. In the 80:th minute cheers broke out as Steven Korsten found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 2 - 1 goal in for Aristocats. Çaðrý Yeldem made a good effort at breaking through from the right, but the home team left defence cleared the ball to a corner. Aristocats, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Aristocats player was without a doubt Nikolai Eichinger. However, André Vugts made a disastrous appearance. Most important F.C. player was Bart Riepma. Frenk Adelman on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

[party][party][party]

We clinch second place in the league and with a Walkover next week that is promotion to the 6th!!!

ProPain
20-09-2004, 09:25
Is that direct promotion, I thought you had to play an extra match for that.

Shabbaman
20-09-2004, 09:33
Not for promotion to the 6th. I motsed and won 0-3, even with one of my midfielders sent of in the 24th minute. Now I've assured 4th place for the second season in a row.

P.S. I won't bother you with a dutch match report ;)

Kemal
20-09-2004, 10:03
All over for FC De Snaken..

quote:
12662 spectators arrived at Schumi Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Schumi started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. Lineup: Zebadilla - Halbertsma, de Geus, Duifhuizen, Bakker - Kiisk, Pappalardo, Bouwkamp, Chitu - Block, Frijlink.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: van Bergen - Heinz, Öztürk, Meesen - Leitner, Mau-See, Kukuljan, Solaque, Irvine - Harpaz, Böõr.

Snaken seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 12th by a breakthrough from Arnoud Frijlink, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. In the 16:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Kristian Kiisk dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Schumi. Schumis Kristian Kiisk got himself booked after a foul. The player down was Walter Leitner. The Snaken bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. In the 24:th minute Snakens Krisztián Böõr received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Schumi were forced to a substitution as Dave Block couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing David Vermeulen to come in from the sidelines. After 29 minutes Fabrizio Pappalardo put Schumi ahead 3 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. 3 - 0 was the half-time score. Schumi held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

In the 67:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Ursul de Geus dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Schumi. The structure of the game started to change as Schumi decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The game was close to savage at times, and Schumi`s Kristian Kiisk received a second yellow card in the 69:th, his ticket out of the game. Tihomir Kukuljan received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 73rd minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Snaken showed some good morale and were, in the 76:th minute, able to reduce the score to 4 - 1 as Hadar Harpaz got past the home sides full backs straight in front of the goal. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 55 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Schumi player was without a doubt Juan Zebadilla. Marius Chitu was a disappointment, however. Most important Snaken player was Bernie Irvine. Jerry van Bergen was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 1.

Well, as I more or less expected, I lost this match, but due to my only rival left in the struggle against relegation trouncing a higher classed team 5-2, relegation to the 9th is now a fact. :(

yndy
20-09-2004, 19:46
Keep your head up and prepare for a long run of victories in a row starting next season.

I will finish second after two very lucky away victories in the last two weeks.

Dell19
21-09-2004, 12:07
Since I currently have 3 players injured would it be worthwhile hiring a doctor or more physiotherapists (I have 2)? Also does getting more injuries indicate that the other team played MOTS?

Schip
21-09-2004, 14:58
It wouldn't hurt you :D hiring a doctor. IIRC each doctor takes a week of the length of an injury when the player is 17-19 years old.
Eg: your 18 year old superstar gets injured for 8 weeks, you hire 4 doctors and he will be playing in 4. Don't think this is an exact science, there might be some randomness involved but my experience is hiring doctors does shorten the injury period.

Physiotherapist do, however, not influence the amount of time an injury needs to heal. They do help keeping your players fit, so your players won't get injured that quickly and when they are the injury isn't that severe.

I don't believe your opponent playing MOTS has anything to do with your injuries (or vice versa). What does influence this is the mentality of his players. I have two 'nasty son of a bitches' that frequently injure my opponents players. Especially when I play Kingreno or PP [estwing]

I hope your players get well before the new season!

Dell19
21-09-2004, 19:54
Thanks I will hire a doctor or two then, only one player will probably be injured at the start of next season.

Bootstoots
22-09-2004, 02:55
quote:
A scorching day at Archers Arena, where 4821 spectators were in place for today´s match. Archers had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: East - Heng-Hong, Bray, Mccarthy, Mchugh - Felix, Grossman, Pratt, Metcalf - Krueger, Mcnabb.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Knott, Fernández - Visan, Righetti, Biler, Berntsen, Pilar - Tomlin, Burney.

Yellow took the lead in the games 6:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Tomislav Pilar was the scorer. After 7 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Michel Righetti who increased Yellow´s lead to 0 - 2. The away team´s Mats Falbrant took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 16:th minute increasing Yellow´s lead to 0 - 3. Michel Righetti received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 21st minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Silvio Biler increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 4. After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Tomislav Pilar was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Billie Tomlin managed to kick one of them into 0 - 5 in the 25:th minute. Yellow had, after 30 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure. The referee showed Yellows Serban Visan the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The player down was Winston Mccarthy. The Archers bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. 0 - 5 was the half-time score. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 80 percent possession rate.

The referee showed Archerss Dean Bray the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Archers made a substitution in the 73rd minute. Mac Pratt limped off the field and was replaced by Graham Baker. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 73rd minute Yellow goal, making it 0 - 6. Theodore Burney was noted down as the scorer. Archers´s Jesse Metcalf refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 80:th minute. In the games 84:th minute Theodore Burney nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. The visitors Michel Righetti took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 86:th minute. 0 - 7 for Yellow. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 80 percent possession rate.

Archers´s best player was Stephen East. Santos Felix was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt David Brown. Gonzalo Fernández on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 7. Good result, it should help with attendance at the last match of the season next week. Unfortunately, my series rival with a training program (the same one who beat me 4-0 two weeks ago) lost to the rival without one and will now place second. I'll have to struggle to overcome him, and I may well be in div. 6 for another two seasons. Someday I'll get out though.