PDA

View Full Version : 2v2v2, third player and mapmaker needed

Stapel
14-09-2004, 11:35
Hi all,

Kingreno and I want a 3 player 2v2v2 Sid level, no AI, no barbies, no huts game where each players starts with 2 civs on 'his' own island.

Linked alliences of course, and no alliences permitted between others.

We need a dedicated player to make it go round?

Anyone?

akots
14-09-2004, 17:54
It looks extremely tempting. The only thing I don't understand is why the level is Sid if there is no AI, no barbs, and no huts? It can be Emperor as well?

Stapel
14-09-2004, 18:12
quote:Originally posted by akots

It looks extremely tempting. The only thing I don't understand is why the level is Sid if there is no AI, no barbs, and no huts? It can be Emperor as well?

I want the tech race to be hard, so a bigger difference can be made.

akots
14-09-2004, 19:18
It is possible just double the tech costs through the huge map bug? Or just manually double them in the editor?

That would make for decent production and lower corruption. Otherwise, everything would be utterly corrupt IMO.

Stapel
14-09-2004, 21:54

It is possible just double the tech costs through the huge map bug? Or just manually double them in the editor?

That would make for decent production and lower corruption. Otherwise, everything would be utterly corrupt IMO.

Well,

That's part of the challenge!

akots
15-09-2004, 01:36
I don't see any challenge here expect having a huge number of utterly and hopelessly corrupt cities (starting from rank 10 on standard map) with no improvements until Replaceable parts for all players. :)

Still, I don't understand the point of high difficulty level for no-AI MP games and would beg someone to enlighten me on the subject. If you want to slow down the research and get full load of fun from ancient age units, just double or triple the tech costs. Well, you can even make it more than 50 turns running with a single scientist in the editor. Challenge implies you have to compete with something which has a much better position whereas in all-human game it is all the same be it Regent or even Chieftain.[hmm]

Stapel
15-09-2004, 08:40
Maybe we like corruption.

Kingreno
15-09-2004, 08:41
Hapiness wise Emperor or higer is important. As I think about it Sid "may" be a bit harsh on corruption indeed. In my one SiD-pbem vs Skyfish I had a gigantic empire and corruption was IMO still acceptable. I was not commercial there.
As far as I am concerned Demi or Deity is okay. The techpace will still be very very low, as meeting the "other" civs will take quite some time.

akots
15-09-2004, 21:44
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

Hapiness wise Emperor or higer is important. As I think about it Sid "may" be a bit harsh on corruption indeed. In my one SiD-pbem vs Skyfish I had a gigantic empire and corruption was IMO still acceptable. I was not commercial there.
As far as I am concerned Demi or Deity is okay. The techpace will still be very very low, as meeting the "other" civs will take quite some time.

Yep, this all makes sense. Corruption could have been tweaked in that Sid game accidentally by mapmaker through the "huge map" bug also, it could have been not the final 1.22 patch. Actually, on a standard map, corruption on Sid really hurts and really badly. But IMO, it does not make the game for dynamic or interesting or challenging without AI. I'd like to join if you can make it Emperor or Demi-God. Is free trading of cities between two civs ruled by the same player allowed?

Beam
15-09-2004, 22:03
Ppl, I am following your discussion, just post in the MM thread and I'll get you a map once you agree on the nittywitty things.

Stapel
16-09-2004, 09:58

quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

Yep, this all makes sense. Corruption could have been tweaked in that Sid game accidentally by mapmaker through the "huge map" bug also, it could have been not the final 1.22 patch. Actually, on a standard map, corruption on Sid really hurts and really badly. But IMO, it does not make the game for dynamic or interesting or challenging without AI. I'd like to join if you can make it Emperor or Demi-God. Is free trading of cities between two civs ruled by the same player allowed?

Ok!

I think trading cities is ok. Unless someone comes up with a problem with it. Can't think of one.

Kingreno
16-09-2004, 11:28
Trading cities is NOT DONE IMHO!

First, if civ1 is about to be eliminated it can get a free city on the other continent, with friendly civ2, the attacking player can do nothing about it, since the gifted city is on an island with civ2 and player3, who both have everything to gain with culture flips happening . This is a rotten strategy! But even more rotten:
Player 1 has (e.g.) egypt and russia. Both doiung okay. Egypt faces Korea, Russia the Romans. Neither has a great advantage so cannot attack. Now...I gift a Egyptian city to Russia, use a Russian leader to build a palace there. I now gift a russian city to Egypt with 150 Cossacks in it. Who will, as is the rule, jump to the russian capitol, now located at the egyptian island! With an additional 150 Cossacks the Koreans are toasted by Egypt. I repeat the other way arround and Rome is gone as well...
In short. There are no "fair" ways what so ever to allow this rule. If you know one please tell me.

Lt. Killer M
16-09-2004, 19:49
is there still a place for a lamb? i need some slaughtering ;)

if not then I'll do the map.

akots
16-09-2004, 21:55
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno ... I repeat the other way arround and Rome is gone as well...
In short. There are no "fair" ways what so ever to allow this rule. If you know one please tell me.

Cool! I never though of this. Actually, it is a nice part of the 2x2 setup? IMO, teleportation is a major exploit though, it might be better to avoid it. And Russia would need another leader to get their palace back to Moscow for their lands would be completely corrupt in this example for quite some time.

@Killer: Is it possible to make it 4 player x2 civs?

Kingreno
16-09-2004, 23:21
Nope only one leader needed Akots. abandoning the new Capitol will relocate it using standard rules to somewhere on your original island. But anyways. Teleporting is something for the future, not for Civ3!
So, when will we start?[cool]

Stapel
17-09-2004, 10:18
I think 2v2v2v2 is ok too. So Killer is welcome, imo. Beam can make the map.

The main reason I want it to be 3 players is dedication. I would to see this becoming too slow!

BTW:

Akots, where are you from and what is your MSN?

Socrates
17-09-2004, 12:06
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

BTW:

Akots, where are you from and what is your MSN?

Yes, what is your MSN ?
And why do you live in Houston ?
And why are you a better player than me ?

:D

Lt. Killer M
17-09-2004, 18:10
cool! :D:D:D:D

akots
17-09-2004, 22:37
[lol] I'm not a better player, I'm just different player.:)

I don't have msn because I despise Microsoft though I have to use Windows and MS Office at work and at home. We can chat at civfanatics chat room or somewhere on the mirc network or some other place which does not belong to Evil Gates. Or settle it down right here.

I'm Russian, live in Moscow in general but I work in Houston for now and will stay here probably for quite some time. Not because I like US or the city of Houston (which is one of the ugliest cities IMHO), it is just work. If something else is unclear, please be more specific. :)

Edited: And please note, I'm at -6 hours GMT (US Central), which complicates the chat setup.

Stapel
18-09-2004, 08:52
I think killer also despises Microschoft (schoft is Dutch for bastard). He uses trillian (iirc) for chat. Works fine with MSN users.

I think we should no longer wait, and set-up the game.
Akots, I think it is important you install either msn or trillian.

приветствия,
стапел

akots
19-09-2004, 01:36
Ok, I've downloaded the trillian, need some time to figure out how it works though.

@killer: Please help! How to dial msn user?

Socrates
19-09-2004, 02:47

Ok, I've downloaded the trillian, need some time to figure out how it works though.
I came back to MSN after 1 hour of using Trillian because it was too complicated for me (I didn't want to spend much time on understanding how it works)... ... ... :D My MSN adress is in my profile.