PDA

View Full Version : Match Results day 12 season 23

Kingreno
13-09-2004, 18:58
quote:Due to an all-day shower, 8294 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at luyksgestel stadium. rkvv had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Wentzel - Meems, Dautzenberg, Cordier - Deen, Fogelborn, Hillu, Scherpenisse, Piets - Koenders, Harrington.

Aristocats had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Saranpää - Gaastra, Zirngibl, Gunning, Eichinger - Hoogerheide, Korsten, Buurman, Dominkovic - Timmers, Salman.

rkvv saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. After a fine move down the middle Tommy Deen nearly gave the home side one up in the 17:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Aristocatss Renato Dominkovic got himself booked after a foul. Tommy Deen the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so Wilco de Wit had to come off the bench. 35 minutes into the game Reinder Koenders had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Rene Joachim Evers. rkvv made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Rene Joachim Evers completely alone with keeper Asmo Saranpää, who made a spectacular block. When Renato Dominkovic made yet another studs first tackle, in the games 42th minute, the referee was obliged to book the Aristocats player for the second time, sending him off the pitch. 0 - 0 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by rkvv, with an impressive 58 percent possession of the ball.

rkvv made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Rene Joachim Evers completely alone with keeper Asmo Saranpää, who made a spectacular block. rkvvs Osmo Hillu got himself booked after a foul. The player down was Asmo Saranpää. The Aristocats bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. Many thought Rene Joachim Evers ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 73rd minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Asmo Saranpää. rkvv created a good opportunity to score in the games 74:th minute when Rene Joachim Evers`s hooked ball created a scuffle in front of the goal, and the visitors defenders had a hard time clearing the ball. Ger Gaastra had a hard time on the water infested pitch - his trademark technique was nowhere in sight this day. Aristocats were able to mount several counterattacks, such as the impressive one in the 84:th minutes, but Geert Hoogerheide lofted a free kick over the crossbar. rkvv were very close to putting themselves one up in the 89:th minute as Dennie Dautzenberg got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. After 90 minutes rkvv´s Karel Scherpenisse contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. rkvv held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

rkvv´s best player was Dennie Dautzenberg. Wilco de Wit on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Aristocats player was without a doubt Nikolai Eichinger. Asmo Saranpää was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 0.

Lucky draw for me. Still in the race for place two, especially after kicking out three of my competitors' players, including a 400k striker! I will miss Dominkovic though...

Kemal
13-09-2004, 20:05
quote:
The crowd of 3623 turning up at FC De Snaken Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Snaken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: van Bergen - Heinz, Poorter, Ruijg - Struikman, Hintermayr, Kukuljan, Fjällander, Irvine - Seals, Bö#337;r.

DSC5 tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Hardin - Sweeren, Kempe, Moore, Marusewski - Christensen, Çaka, Scheeve, Demas - Bunni, Stållund.

Snaken seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. DSC5 strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field. At this time in the match, DSC5 were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. Snaken were very close to putting themselves one up in the 7:th minute as Krisztián Bö#337;r got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. DSC5's ability to press their opponents all over the field paid off frequently. In the games 16:th minute DSC5´s Jan-Pieter Kempe fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Jan-Pieter Kempe for taking a dive. Snaken tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Brian Seals of Snaken received a yellow card in the 26:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Snaken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 60 percent, dominated the battle.

After a fine move down the middle Krisztián Bö#337;r nearly gave the home side one up in the 51st minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Snaken made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Baldemar Hintermayr completely alone with keeper Yves Hardin, who made a spectacular block. There wasn´t much opportunity for rapid movements this wet day, which hindered Tihomir Kukuljan in particular. Snaken took the lead in the 77:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Tihomir Kukuljan elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Snaken put themselves up 2 - 0 when Brian Seals broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Bernie Irvine. However, Brian Seals made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating DSC5 player was without a doubt Maurits Demas. Stuart Bunni on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 0.

A crucial victory for De Snaken, only 1 point away from the safe 6th spot now! [party]

But! Due to an unexpected loss of the no2 team (Polderboys) in the league against the (now former) number 6 team(Deli Amersfoort, mathch ends 0-3, where I lost 8-1 a few weeks ago!), one of the teams battling against relegation is now almost certainly safe.
Snaken Chairman Kemal has considered an unofficial protest against the obvious lackluster performance by Polderboys, but deemed it as pointless, and rather focuses on next week's away match versus Schumi United, where Snaken will now probably at least need a draw. :(

The full table and fixtures still to be played:

1. Adison**********12 55 - 10 34
2. PolderBoys*******12 42 - 17 28

3. Schumi United*****12 40 - 18 23
4. FC Ridderkerk******12 28 - 33 16
5. Deli Amersfoort*****12 25 - 31 13
6. DSC5************12 16 - 46 10

7. FC De Snaken******12 16 - 44 9
8. Charama**********12 18 - 41 7

Final 2 rounds:

DSC5 - FC Ridderkerk
Deli Amersfoort - Charama
Schumi United - FC De Snaken
PolderBoys - Adison

week 14
FC De Snaken - Deli Amersfoort
Adison - DSC5
FC Ridderkerk - Schumi United
Charama - PolderBoys

Shabbaman
13-09-2004, 20:44
Exciting :)

I won. Hurray for me.

Bootstoots
13-09-2004, 21:00
quote:
At The Yellow Boot, 20363 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Yellow tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Knott, Fernández - Visan, Righetti, Biler, Berntsen, Pilar - Tomlin, Burney.

devils143 had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Bolin - Popocatepetl, Thurston, Coronado, Milligan - Crowley, Monahan, Abrams, Yi-Leong - Colucci, Mcgregor.

Yellow took the lead in the 12th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Michel Righetti elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. A well placed corner kick from Rupert Bolin was followed by Joseph Coronado´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for devils143. The result now 1-1. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 28:th minute goal by Theodore Burney for Yellow, putting them ahead 2 - 1. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 3 - 1. Michel Righetti finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Halftime score was 3 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 77 percent possession of the ball.

Yellow put their lead ahead another goal as Serban Visan struck home the 4 - 1 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Yellow´s Theodore Burney putting the lead up to 5 - 1. By now Yellow were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Yellow´s Serban Visan was able to shove the ball in. 6-1. Yellows Egil Berntsen got himself booked after a foul. With 66 minutes played Egil Berntsen could have brought this one home for Yellow, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 85 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt David Brown. Gonzalo Fernández was a disappointment, however. Most important devils143 player was Nathaniel Crowley. However, Jamie Thurston made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 6 - 1. Not a bad result at all. Attendance was nothing to sneeze at, either, especially given my 4-0 loss last week. The championship game in my series will be next week; unfortunately, I won't be playing. However, it will be good news if the team that beat me handily wins the championship, as I won't have to face him next season and the other team is a rather lucky team without a training program. I should be able to win promotion next season against them if what I expect to happen does occur.

Cruise
14-09-2004, 11:27
I had a 2-2 draw, all i needed to become champion and get promoted to V !!!

Kingreno
14-09-2004, 11:43
Congrats Cruise!![party]

Dell19
14-09-2004, 22:01
I won against an improving lower team 4-2 and the team in second lost so if I win against them in the next game I would move onto level points and could potentially finish second.

Shabbaman
14-09-2004, 22:04
quote:Originally posted by Cruise

I had a 2-2 draw, all i needed to become champion and get promoted to V !!!

Wow, congrats! You don't get to play a play off game?