PDA

View Full Version : Match results day 11 season 23

Bootstoots
06-09-2004, 05:37
quote:
16550 spectators had come to Lumbee Nation Arena this cloudy day. Warriors had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Roach - Streit, Chong, Williams - Pool, Pandiani, Miró, Vonken, Gergaud - Ørnstrup, Marín.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Knott, Fernández - Visan, Mahmoud, Biler, Berntsen, Pilar - Tomlin, Burney.

The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 16:th by a breakthrough from Miguel Marín, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. Serban Visan of Yellow received a yellow card in the 17:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Billie Tomlin came close to levelling the score in the 20:th minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 30 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Warriors. However, David Brown made a spectacular save. In the 40:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Sander Vonken dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Warriors. In the 44:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Peer Ørnstrup dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Warriors. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 0. Warriors held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

Sander Vonken almost managed to score another goal for Warriors, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Warriors put their lead ahead another goal as Miguel Marín struck home the 4 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. Warriorss Giorgio Pandiani got himself booked after a foul. Alex Roach made a brilliant save in the 86:th minute, blocking a projectile coming in from Gonzalo Fernández on the right hand side. Warriors, bringing the final ball possession rate to 60 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Warriors player was without a doubt Sander Vonken. Miguel Marín was a disappointment, however. Most important Yellow player was David Brown. Gonzalo Fernández on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.
Argh. I went in feeling sure of promotion and am now without a chance of finishing above third. That's about all I can say.

yndy
06-09-2004, 06:08
Boots, think what you can do next season to get this guy. I've got a 'Warriors' team myself playing next week for the second place.
quote:Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 20062 at Ladislau Bölöni Stadium today. Sticla started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. They fielded: Gruia - Roland Olsen, Turcu, Rãdulescu - Pahontu, Lucescu, Kiskapusi, Gheorghe - Bos, Åhltorp, Stãnilã.

Shes had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Villalva - Nãstase, Petre, Dãescu - Drãgulin, Matei, Ispas, Alexe, Bene - Cârstea, Dordea.

Sticla made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Dan Pahontu completely alone with keeper Adrián Villalva, who made a spectacular block. Sticlas Miklós Kiskapusi got himself booked after a foul. Shes were forced to a substitution as Gabriel Ispas couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Denis Þtefan to come in from the sidelines. Sticla took the lead in the 13th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Stefan Turcu elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Shes levelled the score in the 16:th minute at 1 - 1, as Teodor Cârstea struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked. After a fine move down the middle Nik Bos nearly gave the home side one up in the 18:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. In the 23rd minute cheers broke out as Miklós Kiskapusi found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 2 - 1 goal in for Sticla. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Sticla, bringing the final ball possession rate to 62 percent, dominated the battle.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Sticla lead up with 3 - 1. Teofil Lucescu finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Shes managed to reduce a bit later to 3 - 2 as Virgil Dordea finished off a well played combination from the left, carving through the defensive box. A cross coming in from the right hand side left Patrik Bene alone in front of the goal in the 58:th minute but his shot was too loose. In the 63rd minute Sticla put themselves up 4 - 2. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Kristian Åhltorp coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. In the games 65:th minute Shes´s Adi Petre fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Adi Petre for taking a dive. Sticla, bringing the final ball possession rate to 71 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Sticla player was Florin Gruia. Torben Roland Olsen was a disappointment, however. Most important Shes player was Panait Dãescu. Denis Þtefan was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 2.
I won at a very low difference considering that the team I played was crap but I won.

ProPain
06-09-2004, 10:37
quote:PP SV - pirates of the revolutions 6 - 1

7816 spectators arrived at PP SV Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: van Loen - de Moll, Boote, van Zeeland - Johnston, Drent, Daemen, Bakker, Kiilerich - Beugels, Niezing.

revolutions tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: de Man - van Nes, Apon, van Esch - van der Schaaf, Valkenburg, de Zwaan, Tuin, Gigase - Ledrappier, Baak.

revolutions seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 19:th minute goal by Toon Niezing for PP, putting them ahead 1 - 0. The referee showed PPs Jarl Kiilerich the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. 29 minutes into the game revolutions´s Piet-Hein Baak found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring to make it 1 - 1. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 37:th minute goal by Iwan Daemen for PP, putting them ahead 2 - 1. After 38 minutes Rolf Beugels put PP ahead 3 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. Sjors Drent increased PPs lead to 4 - 1 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. Alan Johnston of PP received a yellow card in the 44:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Halftime score was 4 - 1. PP held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put PP lead up with 5 - 1. Toon Niezing finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. The structure of the game started to change as PP decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. PP put themselves up 6 - 1 when Ludo van Zeeland broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. In the 71st minute PP´s Rolf Beugels tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Alan Johnston rendered him his second booking of the match, and PP had to finish the game with a reduced squad. In the 75:th minute revolutionss Arie van Nes received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by PP, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.

Most important PP player was Allard Boote. However, Kelvin de Moll made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating revolutions player was without a doubt Hans Apon. Mark Gigase was a disappointment, however. The match ends 6 - 1.

After Schip kicking one of my trainees senseless on wednesday which resulted in a 3 week injury (2 after I hired a doctor) this sunday another one got himself booked twice. Great. Luckily he can still play friendlies and train. Still a pity because that prevented a sure 30 stars to be achieved. So again I'll have to wait another week to get to this PP SV milestone.

I'm now sure of promotion [dance][party] I have an 8 point lead on no. 2 & 3 but they still have to play each other so a second place for me is the worst that can happen. If I win next week, which I should easily, I'm the champion.

That leaves me with 2 goals to attain:
- become champion with 14 wins. Very possible, only last match is a bit difficult
- Have Toon Niezing become top scorer. He has a 3 goal lead, so also possible. This will be a bit more difficult however as a walkover team has been replaced, effectively giving four of Toon's competitors an extra match to score.

Kemal
06-09-2004, 11:55
quote:Due to an all-day shower, 5679 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Adison Arena. People from all of Utrecht had joined up for the derby. Adison had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Gryzlak - Smit, Cox, Siegers - Davidse, Roelofs, Bot, McCarthy, Wallgård - Mittendorfer, Corthals.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: van Bergen - Meesen, Ruijg, Poorter - van Dijken, Frankenheim, Kukuljan, Delany, Brus - Seals, Bö#337;r.

Adison mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Snaken clearly preferred attacks in the middle. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 25:th minute goal by Erwin Cox for Adison, putting them ahead 1 - 0. André Ruijg was uncomfortable with the soggy pitch as he couldn´t move the ball around with his usual grace. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 33 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Adison. However, Jerry van Bergen made a spectacular save. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 33 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Adison. However, Jerry van Bergen made a spectacular save. After an industrious effort down the middle Puck Roelofs could have closed the game off in the 40:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. In the 40:th minute Adison put themselves up 2 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Joost Smit coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. The structure of the game started to change as Adison decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Halftime score was 2 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Adison, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.

After 58 minutes Puck Roelofs put Adison ahead 3 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. There wasn´t much opportunity for rapid movements this wet day, which hindered Tihomir Kukuljan in particular. In the games 75:th minute Snaken´s Stipan Brus fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Stipan Brus for taking a dive. 75 minutes into the game Joost Smit had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Engelbert Kynast. After 77 minutes Snaken´s Krisztián Bö#337;r contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Adison lead up with 4 - 0. Puck Roelofs finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Adison held the ball, with a clear 66 percent possession rate.

Adison´s best player was Robert-Jan Corthals. Paul Davidse on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Andre Frankenheim. However, Perez van Dijken made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 0.

4-0 defeat, playing away against the undefeated league leader, that's no surprise.. from now on I'll have to win all my matches, I seem to have the easiest program of the 4 teams still fighting for relegation, but I'm 4 points away from safety atm. :(

Bootstoots
06-09-2004, 14:45
quote:Originally posted by yndy

Boots, think what you can do next season to get this guy. I've got a 'Warriors' team myself playing next week for the second place.If I get lucky, he'll promote this season. He's two points below the league leader and the first place team, the Sabers, doesn't seem to have much idea how to play HT long-term (he doesn't have any clear training program and and has an inadequate coach). I think Warriors will defeat him and take the league championship by 1 point, and I'm sure I can beat Sabers next season once my training program gets off the ground.

But if he stays in my series, I probably won't be promoting until the end of season 25.

Kingreno
06-09-2004, 16:14
I had a walk-over and won 5-0. The league however is very exiting. Appalaga are now officially promoted, and by the looks of things rightfully so. I did score that single goal against them...[estwing]

With 3 more matches to go I have one Walkover (last match), rkvv away next sunday and Bal op het dak after that, at home! Also, these two both have to play Appalaga, and that should net them zero points. A lot is possible but needless to say that I have it all in my own hands. Winning three times now will guarantee second place!

Now, how to do it...Both rkvv and BohD play 3-5-2. rkvv has 4 VERY good players but the rest basicly suck, while BohD has a lot of average good players with most positions doublemanned. I lost to BohD away 3-1 but the stats were not in his favour, at home with MotS I should win (or draw which is ok) playing 4-4-2 as I did then. rkvv I beat 2-0 at home but they are very unpredictable, it will depend heavily where he puts his topplayers. I plan to go 4-4-2 to them as well, also MotSing. My Teamspirit is Delirious so that is definately good! [cool]
Looking forward to an epic seasonfinish (or utter despair[hmm])

1. appalaga 11, 56 - 1 , 33points
2. rkvv 11, 41 - 14 , 25points

3. F.C. Bal Op Het Dak 11, 39 - 11, 24points
4. Aristocats 11, 42 - 16, 24points
5. dapfsiteconnection 11, 26 - 37, 13points
6. F.C. Geweldig 11, 0 - 40, 3points

7. Elps 11, 0 - 40, 3points
8. Rochester Rhinos 11, 0 - 45, 2points

yndy
06-09-2004, 19:57
Barring some bad luck you should pull this through.
One question though: Why don't you use 3-5-2 ? It is most popular in the hattrick world and for good reason.

Dell19
06-09-2004, 20:17
1. FC Random Punter 11 51 - 3 33

2. bedwardios FC 11 40 - 12 27
3. Wartham United 11 43 - 26 21
4. Power_House 11 25 - 23 18
5. Pac's Panthers 11 15 - 30 12
6. shawmilssbarmyarmy 11 20 - 34 10
7. R13 UNDERGROUND 11 19 - 39 5
8. Justice For The 96 11 11 - 57 3

Random have easily won the league and it looks like I should finish 3rd although I play against the team in second away and the then at home to the team in fourth in the last two games of the season so it should be interesting to see what results those matches give as an indication of who will win next season.

Kingreno
07-09-2004, 16:21
quote:Originally posted by yndy

Barring some bad luck you should pull this through.
One question though: Why don't you use 3-5-2 ? It is most popular in the hattrick world and for good reason.

Several reasons! First, I train defending. 3 defenders is just not very cost-effective. Second, I have players for 2 good inner mids, a third would mean sacrificing a good defender for a lousy mid. I prefer an (offensive) central defender. Third, everyone plays 3-5-2 these days and I refuse (am in denial[mischief]) to join them. I believe other line-ups can, and should win too, it makes the game just a bit more interesting then the endless "3-5-2 vs. 3-5-2 I have the better midfield and win-type-of-games" :)

yndy
07-09-2004, 17:07
First reason is good enough. Actually is good enough for you to play 5-3-2 or 5-4-1. ;)

Håkon
08-09-2004, 09:15
quote:The crowd of 18141 turning up at Treacle Mine Road today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Dynamo had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Engsjö - Lisle, Scheie, Sørensen, Waliszek, Lupovs - Ackerman, Spatafora, Andersen - Alvarez, van Tiggelen.

Volvo started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Åhlskär - Kärkkäinen, Coulen, Bãdoi - Gundersen, Barato, Størum, Rocha, Handel - Olsen, Bakken.

Volvo took the lead after 13 minutes with 0 - 1. Jari Kärkkäinen placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Andy Ackerman of Dynamo received a yellow card in the 17:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. 28 minutes into the game Arvid Åhlskär had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Henry Brix. Dynamo´s Arne Scheie made an attempt at equalising in the 35:th minute, coming in from the right, but the ball hit the post, the defense clearing the rebound. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Volvo, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

Xavier Spatafora pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 52nd minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. As Xavier Spatafora had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Dynamo player a red card without batting an eye. Volvo had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Johan Engsjö saved Mads Bakken´s shot headed for the top corner. Christian Olsen came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 62nd minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Johan Engsjö managed to tip the ball to a corner. Volvos Jari Kärkkäinen got himself booked after a foul. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Volvo´s Mads Bakken got himself booked. Arne Scheie gave his Dynamo the lead with 2 - 1, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Volvo held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Dynamo player was without a doubt Kjell Sørensen. Szymon Waliszek on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Volvo player was without a doubt José Carlos Barato. Mads Bakken on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

A bit of a lucky 2-1 win at home, as I burnt my team spirit to have any chance of winning this match. That means the table is now too close to call :)

1. IKStart 11 45 - 11 28
------------------------
2. Erlando United 11 44 - 13 22
3. Volvo 240 11 32 - 15 22
4. møljespill 11 33 - 20 21
---------------------------
5. Dynamo Morpork 11 30 - 21 21

I'm playing an awful team on Saturday, and then the decider against møljespill. With the team trying to win the CDZ as well...I have too many targets :)