PDA

View Full Version : Moving

Matrix
04-09-2004, 23:52
The coming week I'll be busy moving. My girlfriend and I are gonna live together! [yeah] Destination: Schoenerstraat 3a, Hoogkerk (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?location=rAV33foPzSYhM2MYeqRMFdXXUOKKbN6wW vGVua0QBvrlTACtZcDMnQ4c%2fXjjldEgQUkzBcxH1wJc1Pzhj tEArJ14qc3gqN7AFC%2bGPSO6oVOI%2f0ZdZkzPqA%3d%3d&searchtype=address&countryid=NL&address=Schoenerstraat&city=Groningen&state=GRONINGEN&zipcode=9745&country=NL&addtohistory=&cat=).

I'll probably won't be available all the time to play PBEM's; especially not once our computers are there, because we won't have internet immediately. But I'll do my best. (I can put savegames on a diskette at the university and send it through the next day. [rolleyes])

You'll get an invitation for our open house party once we're all settled... ;)

Beam
12-09-2004, 20:57
Congrats Matrix! So what does the future look like, housie, boompie beasty ;)? Please tell us about your place in Hoogkerk! Please tell us a little about Hoogkerk as well, I only recall it from signs on the motorway.

Matrix
13-09-2004, 08:12
Just "housie". ;) It's an upstairs appartment, built in 1948, with: a living room, bedroom, kitchen, toilet and bathroom. Small, but not too small. We have room for everything, including ourselves.

I don't know about the origin of Hoogkerk, but there are two large factories, of which one is still operational, so I think that's why the village exists. One of the two is the CSM sugar factory. It's about half the size of the old village. [lol] For the rest Hoogkerk is in the county of Groningen, but it's still has a 'village-character'. Someone there asked us:
"So are you two also from Hoogkerk?"
"No."
"Oh... Hmm... Well...welcome then."