PDA

View Full Version : Does the AI get free units during the game?

digger760
25-08-2004, 14:10
In the SP i just finished (Emperor level) there were 3 civs left:

Persia
Arabs and
Ottomans (me)

I had control of the worlds oil supplies..and only Persia had only 1 source of rubber. I had a military alliance with Persia against the Arabs..yet i refused to offer Persia oil..incase i needed to [hammer] them next.

Yet without oil or rubber the Arabs were able to produce tanks...albeiet not many of them. At the start of the war with them they had about 3 tanks and i seem to have killed about 10 of them during the campaign. During there campaign i inspect a city and did not see oil or rubber on the resource list..i used cntl-shit-m to turn of the overlay to see the raw map and am certain that arabs and persia did not have oil.

I noticed near the end that a tank appeared from there capital...is it possible that the AI gets a free unit each turn at high levels?

anarres
25-08-2004, 14:54
I doubt it. It's more likely that a tank went there to defend when you came close to it.

Beam
25-08-2004, 15:02
They could have started the tank prior to losing the resources. In that case it can be finished.

Kingreno
25-08-2004, 15:21
Yes, you know how the computer offers to build a Tank in a "one-shield-far-away-city"? And we change it something usefull (and no 100+ turns). The Comp keeps this buildsuggestion. Thus turns after the resourcecuts (or depletion!) it still finishes a Tank.