PDA

View Full Version : match result day 9, season 23

ProPain
23-08-2004, 09:34
quote:Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 8000 at Klein Kuipke today. Racers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Soesbergen - Marijnissen, Hoogindeberm, Eriksson - Smelt, Nettesheim, Petronia, Naisi, Fraza - Hennen, Burgwal.

PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Pietrek - Tafro, Boote, van Zeeland - Johnston, van Harsselaar, Schulte, Daemen, Kiilerich - Beugels, Niezing.

It was an obvious ambition of Racers to attack on the flanks. After a fine move down the middle Stefan Petronia nearly gave the home side one up in the 7:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. After 14 minutes PPs Iwan Daemen made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. The referee showed Racerss Per Eriksson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Due to a severely mistimed tackle,Gerko Tafro spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 29:th minute PP goal, making it 0 - 2. Toon Niezing was noted down as the scorer. The referee showed PPs Lars van Harsselaar the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. A marvelous Racers effort to the right resulted in a 39:th minute goal by Stef Hennen, putting the score up to 1 - 2. After 39 minutes Stefan Petronia made a dash down the middle past the away teams defenders scoring 2 - 2. 2 - 2 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Racers, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

PP took the lead after 68 minutes with 2 - 3. Toon Niezing placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, PP´s Toon Niezing got himself booked. After 70 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Rolf Beugels who increased PP´s lead to 2 - 4. The referee showed Racerss Marijn Nettesheim the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. A misunderstanding between the visitors keeper Roman Pietrek and his left defence could have resulted in a goal for Racers, but Angelo Burgwal´s finish was poorly struck. Racers held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Racers player was without a doubt Marijn Nettesheim. Stef Hennen was a disappointment, however. Most important PP player was Rolf Beugels. However, Gerko Tafro made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 2 - 4.

The number 2 in my league and the strongest opponent for sure. What amazed me was that although I had 3,5 stars more in total than RR, I still had slightly less ball possession. I MOTS'ed, and I suspect he did the same, we both have same star ratings on center midfield, but my wingers are much better, must be home town advantage.

I now have 8 points on the numbers 2&3 and they still have to play each other. 7th division, here I come!

Team Played Goals Points
1. PP SV_________________ 9 50 - 4 27
2. Red Racers____________ 9 39 - 9 19
3. Petra's Boys__________ 9 37 - 14 19
4. pirates of the revo___ 9 32 - 19 18
5. de roosjes____________ 9 16 - 34 9
6. Wackojacko____________ 9 11 - 38 9
7. --The--hub--Ghost's___ 9 12 - 34 6
8. barcel________________ 9 0 - 45 0

Kemal
23-08-2004, 10:01
Congrats PP [goodjob], I'm on my way out of the 8th division as well... en route to the ninth that is, after this horrendous display against the no2 in my league:

quote:
7000 spectators arrived at FC De Snaken Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Snaken tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: van Bergen - Meesen, Ruijg, Poorter, Starac - van Dijken, Frankenheim, Kukuljan, Brus - Seals, Böõr.

PolderBoys had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: aan de Wiel - Gullit, Marneffe, G¹ciarz - Rep, van der Linden, Gerards, Floquet - Markhorst, Robben, van der Weck.

PolderBoys took the lead in the games 1st minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Bing van der Linden was the scorer. After 19 minutes PolderBoyss Rene Gerards had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Wubbo Mansveldt came in instead of him. Géraud Floquet increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 22nd minute PolderBoys goal, making it 0 - 3. Sidney Markhorst was noted down as the scorer. Snaken had a brilliant opportunity to reply as Krisztián Böõr received a high ball from the right, striking the ball still in the air. Only Arie aan de Wiel´s reflexes saved him. The referee showed PolderBoyss Cezary G¹ciarz the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Snaken were forced to a substitution as André Ruijg couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Jan-Karel Oostdam to come in from the sidelines. In the 44:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 4 as Bing van der Linden finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. The structure of the game started to change as PolderBoys decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 4. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

The home crowd was given a certain amount of consolation when Harold Poorter, after a brilliant midfield combination, put the reducing 1 - 4 goal away for Snaken. PolderBoys´s Sidney Markhorst received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 65:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 1 - 5. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. Brian Seals really should have scored when he was chosen by fate to confront a wide open goal after a corner, but he lost his nerve. The away team´s Sidney Markhorst took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 69:th minute increasing PolderBoys´s lead to 1 - 6. By then Sidney Markhorst was a three time scorer - a hat trick! The game had been on for 74 minutes when Sidney Markhorst broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. PolderBoys´s were up 1 - 7. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 79:th minute PolderBoys goal, making it 1 - 8. Sidney Markhorst was noted down as the scorer. In the 80:th minute PolderBoyss Bing van der Linden received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. PolderBoys, bringing the final ball possession rate to 63 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Harold Poorter. Jan-Karel Oostdam was a disappointment, however. Most important PolderBoys player was Jan Robben. However, Wubbo Mansveldt made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 8.

I must say I've got no idea why the match ended this badly for me, hattrick-ratings don't show that much difference between the teams, and while I got more possession of the ball in the first half, I'm trailing by four goals to nil.

All in all, quite a disappointment. :(

ProPain
23-08-2004, 10:32
I've got the distinct impression the importance of possession has declined. I won with less possession, you had a disastrous first half although your possession was 51%. I saw the Swingstars trail by 0-1 after 45 mins although they had 63% possession, he lost his match 1-2 having 65% in the 2nd halve.

The deteroriation in possession between your 2 halves is due to lack of stamina, so that will improve the coming weeks.

Bootstoots
23-08-2004, 12:04
quote:
8000 spectators had come to The Sabers Arena this cloudy day. Sabers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Conroy - Clarke, de Vidania, Heller - Shorter, Wilson, Caruso, Wray, Epps - Al-Ibrahim, Jackson.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Knott, Fernández - Örnbom, Mahmoud, Piñeiro, Villar, Pilar - Tomlin, Burney.

Sabers took the lead in the 8:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Ricky Jackson elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Anan Al-Ibrahim squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 16:th minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. In the 32nd minute Sabers put themselves up 3 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Philip Caruso coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. The visitors replied in the games 34:th minute, scoring the 3 - 1 goal, as Theodore Burney broke through from the left, easily lobbing the ball over the home teams keeper. The referee showed Saberss Damon Clarke the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After 36 minutes Anan Al-Ibrahim made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Ricky Jackson who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 4 - 1. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Philip Caruso squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 37:th minute, asserting the lead to 5 - 1. 5 - 1 was the half-time score. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

The away team reduced the score to 5 - 2, as Billie Tomlin struck home, set up well by a play from the left in the 47:th minute. In the 49:th minute Sabers´s Anan Al-Ibrahim tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. In the 51st minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Anan Al-Ibrahim dashed through, knocking home 6 - 2 for Sabers. By now Sabers were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Yellow reduced in the 64:th minute to 6 - 3 as Theodore Burney easily chipped the ball past the home sides keeper on a play from the right. A bit later Yellow´s Miguel Piñeiro easily reduced to 6 - 4 after a misunderstanding in the home sides central defense line. In the 78:th minute Saberss Jayson Wilson received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Sabers made a substitution in the 79:th minute. José de Vidania limped off the field and was replaced by Tony Horner. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Sabers player was without a doubt Jayson Wilson. Tony Horner on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt David Brown. However, Gonzalo Fernández made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 6 - 4. I lost against the number 1 team here, which I defeated 4-3 last time I played them. I don't really understand why I was doing so poorly, especially in the first half, as I dominated all the ratings. I'm now in third in the series with 21 points, and my chances of promoting this season look slim now. It still should be an interesting rest of the season, but I think my goal will be to place second now.

yndy
23-08-2004, 14:44
quote:26403 spectators arrived at Ladislau Bölöni Stadium, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Sticla tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. The following players had been chosen: Gruia - Rãdulescu, Spiridon, Er#337;ss - Lucescu, Kiskapusi, Turcu, Gheorghe - Stern, Bos, Åhltorp.

Vega started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Gamdzyk - Pasãre, van Rijnsoever, Pitu - Grabher, Lipan, Bánó, Taylor, Matei - Sedholt, Knowles.

Vega immediately set off pressing their opponents. The 2nd minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Sticla was Miklós Kiskapusi. After 16 minutes Sticla´s Muhamed Stern contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. With 20 minutes played Cãtãlin Rãdulescu could have brought this one home for Sticla, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. In the 20:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Nik Bos dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Sticla. Miklós Kiskapusi almost managed to score another goal for Sticla, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. 2 - 0 was the half-time score. Sticla held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

At this time in the match, Vega were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. In the 67:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Teofil Lucescu dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Sticla. By now Sticla were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. In the 77:th minute Sticla´s Nik Bos tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. Sticla held the ball, with a clear 64 percent possession rate.

Most important Sticla player was Nik Bos. Dumitru Gheorghe on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Vega player was without a doubt Marceli Gamdzyk. Ioan Pitu on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0.

Saturday’s match was for me very important as Vega defeated me on their ground. Now I’m on the second spot and have a bunch of tough games ahead but I think that the 4th place in the league is definitely mine.

PP, the home team gets a significant midfield boost about equivalent to playing MOTS. So if they also played MOTS, it’s normal that they had better midfield than you.

Kemal, you got a lot of random going against you in the allocation of chances. You would have expected to have 4 chances and to score two goals, but instead you got only 3 (one being a special event) and scored once. On the other side, the Polderboys had 8 chances and scored every one of them while they should have had around 6 chances and score 3 or 4 of them. So a normal score would have been 2 – 4 but things like that happen that’s what makes the game interesting, you can’t predict the score and maybe next time you’ll score 4 and they only 3 and then you’ll have an unexpected victory.