PDA

View Full Version : Do you build Balustrades (sp?)

Samson
20-08-2004, 14:54
Hi,

Possibly the worst spelling yet ;) So, does anyone build them. I never have, but I just was told that they remove all the movement points from enemy units moving into them. So a line of these along a border would always give you an extra turn when your oponent comes at you with fast troops. I guess it would need specific circumstances to be of any use, basicly a small border and lots of workers (and crusaders?). Anyone done this?

Thansk for any help.

Shabbaman
20-08-2004, 15:05
Balustrades? [lol]
I guess you mean barricades. I build them when my slaves have nothing better to do.

Beam
20-08-2004, 15:06
Guess you mean Barricades? I only know they can be build, never used'm, never seen'm.

Samson
20-08-2004, 15:08
Yeah, I was trying to work out what they were called. The ones you build after you have built a fort on the square. Have they ever been any use to you, in the movement taking function? I guess they only remove your movement points if the teretory does not belong to you.

Shabbaman
20-08-2004, 15:42
That assumption is correct. I doubt if the movement "malus" matters much, the AI doesn't really move their units efficiently anyway.

Stapel
20-08-2004, 15:57
I play C3C almost every single day, yet I have never heared of either ballustrades nor barricades.

Aggie
20-08-2004, 16:34
It helped me win the One City Challenge Emperor Conquest game :D The AI stranded far from our only city with their tanks and we could safely bombard them to pieces with only a few units home. The rest of our troops was razing the world.

Pastorius
20-08-2004, 17:33
I built in an OCC 20k attempt. Had nothing else to use my worker for...

Samson
20-08-2004, 17:34
quote:I doubt if the movement "malus" matters much, the AI doesn't really move their units efficiently anyway.
That is why I posted here, as I thought they would be most use against another human.