PDA

View Full Version : Do you build TOW?

Shabbaman
18-08-2004, 16:40
So, I've let a game come to the modern age and have decided not to win this on a diplo victory (two things I don't do usually). I'm building a lot of mech. infantry atm, just out of a habit (and because they're good) when one of those brilliant additions of that great expansion conquests caught my eye: the TOW infantry.

Hm.

What's that?

TOW?

I thought the TOW was some unit to let you kill tanks when you can't build tanks or mechs, but it doesn't look that bad. It's 120 shield compared to the mechs 110, it's only 14 defence compared to the mechs 18, and obviously it doesn't move two tiles. But it does have a defensive bombard of 6.

So, is it any good?

Aggie
18-08-2004, 16:48
It's a pain in the ass :( I never build them but the AI does. They can have strong defense without resources these days. I never faced that situation, no resources :)

Shabbaman
18-08-2004, 17:13
I used to finish games by cutting off rubber, but that's over since the guerilla...

anarres
18-08-2004, 17:21
I draft them, they give you mucho shields when disbanded. :D

Matrix
18-08-2004, 22:13
Yep, they're good drafting units, and now you don't have to build guerrillas when you don't have rubber. ;)

The fact that you never face the point of having no rubber is that in Civ3 you're either dead, or at the point of winning when it comes to rubber, because when playing at a harder level, the hard time comes in the beginning. Survive that, and you survive the game. [rolleyes]

LLXerxes
21-08-2004, 15:56
Yeah, I draft them once in a while.
But they are kinda weak

First post![wavey]

Shabbaman
21-08-2004, 19:41
Welcome LLXerxes!

Cruise
22-08-2004, 16:43
In multiplay games with a future start they are the best units until you acquire resources!