PDA

View Full Version : Help the n00b & his Dumb Ducks

Plux
16-08-2004, 15:54
quote:Plux,

You may want to do just like Kemal and Dell and start your own team thread so that we can help.

You can go the same way as I advised Kemal or you can take another route and compare results in a couple of months.

YndyThanx for the tip, Yndy :D

Allright, so I too have a team now. First question: now what? [hmm] I'll probably don't wanna play this game too intensively and mostly by my own insights than letting people take me by the hand, but would like some input on the first few standard good moves. Have a look at my team:

quote:
Andy Hoppus
TSI = 50 , 26 years, inadequate form
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities

Stamina: weak Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: weak Passing: weak
Winger: weak Defending: disastrous
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

Benjamin Barbonis
TSI = 0 , 47 years, weak form
Has passable experience and weak leadership abilities [Head]

Stamina: disastrous Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: wretched Passing: wretched
Winger: disastrous Defending: disastrous
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

Daniël van Bijnen
TSI = 140 , 19 years, weak form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities [Head]

Stamina: weak Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Dante Richter
TSI = 120 , 27 years, weak form
Has poor experience and weak leadership abilities [Technical]

Stamina: passable Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: poor

Evert-Jan van den Elzen
TSI = 120 , 24 years, passable form
Has poor experience and disastrous leadership abilities

Stamina: poor Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: wretched Passing: disastrous
Winger: inadequate Defending: weak
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: disastrous

Freerk Vooijs
TSI = 400 , 20 years, poor form
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities

Stamina: poor Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: solid
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous

Giancarlo Backers
TSI = 40 , 29 years, inadequate form
Has poor experience and weak leadership abilities

Stamina: weak Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: disastrous
Winger: weak Defending: disastrous
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: passable

Haddad Salim Al-Sulayman
TSI = 790 , 26 years, inadequate form
Has weak experience and disastrous leadership abilities [Head]

Stamina: inadequate Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: weak Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: weak
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: weak

Jan Willem Bergmans
TSI = 1 270 , 21 years, inadequate form
Has disastrous experience and disastrous leadership abilities

Playmaking: solid Passing: weak
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: poor

Jan-Willem Yohans
TSI = 170 , 20 years, inadequate form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities

Stamina: wretched Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: inadequate
Winger: passable Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: solid

Jurren van de Lied
TSI = 260 , 25 years, weak form
Has poor experience and poor leadership abilities [Head]

Playmaking: passable Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: weak
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

Lennart Peereboom
TSI = 50 , 21 years, weak form
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities

Playmaking: poor Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: disastrous

Rikkert van Rooij
TSI = 1 280 , 24 years, weak form
Has poor experience and poor leadership abilities [Quick]

Stamina: wretched Keeper: inadequate
Playmaking: wretched Passing: wretched
Winger: wretched Defending: disastrous
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: inadequate

Roelant Partida
TSI = 580 , 20 years, inadequate form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities

Playmaking: poor Passing: inadequate
Winger: inadequate Defending: passable
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: disastrous

Sjakie Boerkamp
TSI = 370 , 20 years, weak form
Has wretched experience and disastrous leadership abilities [Powerful]

Stamina: passable Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: poor Passing: weak
Winger: passable Defending: weak
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: solid

Vince Friedhoff
TSI = 150 , 29 years, weak form
Has poor experience and wretched leadership abilities

Stamina: inadequate Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: weak
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: passable

Wieger Snel 1
TSI = 330 , 25 years, inadequate form
Has poor experience and poor leadership abilities

Stamina: poor Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: poor
Winger: inadequate Defending: wretched
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: wretched

Xander Hulsman
TSI = 60 , 26 years, weak form
Has weak experience and weak leadership abilities

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: weak
Winger: disastrous Defending: wretched
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: solid

Now this weekend was the first match I played, but as I didn't prepare anything, we went in with 0-6 [sad]. That's not too bad though, but I'm wondering why the game says I have already played eight matches this season [???]

quote:
1. Veenhof 8 24 - 7 18
2. kapusjonnie United 8 22 - 7 16
3. boulebal 8 20 - 7 15
4. de_ketsers 8 21 - 19 13
5. ARNHEM 'S BEST 8 11 - 12 12
6. MSC DATELL 8 4 - 25 7
7. Dom Ducks 8 5 - 14 6
8. winners paradise 8 7 - 23 1

Dell19
16-08-2004, 16:02
You're team will have played games before you took over. When I got my team the season was about halfway through and we finished in the same position as when I took over.

yndy
16-08-2004, 19:12
No leading means more reading ;)
Go read the rules thoroughly then read the best playing guides there are:
www.hottrick.org
http://www.databased.at/hattrick/
First things first, assess your squad: (I’ll give you a full assessment on the first one then hints on the others). You can decide what to do but don’t get over-protective to your starting bunch, if you fire them in a month when you really understand how lousy they are, you’ve lost a good amount in salaries alone.

quote:Andy Hoppus – no skill better than inadequate, TSI < 50, the player is pure junk, fire him without a second thought
Benjamin Barbonis – he’s the coach, not really good at coaching right now but a good coach would eat you all your money.

Daniël van Bijnen – this guy is young so he could be trained efficeintly, inadequate defense means the lowest acceptable so think about it.

Dante Richter – passable stamina is very important but only for one kind of players – the ones with playmaking, that’s a rule which is a little counter-intuitive and the rules say that stamina counts for the others too (in a limited way). That’s so not true. Again, you to decide.

Evert-Jan van den Elzen – winger and scoring don’t go together but you could use the player as a winger or forward.

Freerk Vooijs - again, he’s young and the TSI is relatively high plus he’s SOLID. Now that’s a decent starting player.

Giancarlo Backers –Set pieces are used for mostly for free kicks and penalties. That’s not very often and it’s for you to decide if you want a player who can only do that and not contribute to the game the rest of the time.

Haddad Salim Al-Sulayman – Passing is a secondary skill. By itself it doesn’t do any good but in relation with any of scoring, playmaking, defense or winger makes the player far better than one without passing. Again the TSI hints he’s a better than average player.

Jan Willem Bergmans – TSI 1270, this itself hints there’s something there. Playmaking is useful with passing and defending and less often with scoring. Yet another SOLID – Kemal should be jealous, he didn’t get any of those.

Jan-Willem Yohans – Set pieces is not counted in TSI that’s why the player has a low TSI.

Jurren van de Lied – no hints here, judge for yourself

Lennart Peereboom – same here, your call

Rikkert van Rooij – keepers have larger TSI but that doesn’t mean they are very expensive. There’s also a keeper tool on the hottrick site, and it says that your keeper has very high inadequate skill with high weak form. If you train goaltending for 1 week he’ll be passable keeper.

Roelant Partida – remember use of passing and age.

Sjakie Boerkamp – up to you to decide

Vince Friedhoff – again up to you

Wieger Snel – SOLID scoring, man you got a very good team

Xander Hulsman – What high set pieces does is give value to a player which would otherwise be worthless.

You got a very good team compared to others and you have the possibility to leverage your starting advantage. Please read this article as well. http://www.ht-arena.com/Sticla/?page=kemal

Based on this, your team has the perfect setup for a combination of options one and two. You could sell all your players with skills above passable except for those with defense inadequate or better.

You could use all your starting cash for a defensive oriented solid coach with poor leadership. That would give you a huge competitive advantage to all players division VII and below. Then you would already have from week one the following trainees:
Bijnen, Vooijs and Partida as suitable defending trainees, you can play Bergmans as a midfielder during the league match and as a defender in the friendly thus training him in his secondary defense skill, Friedhof is a long shot and may not worth it because he’s 29 and only inadequate defense.

So you would only need five more defender trainees for a pretty good starting defense training program and you need to play formations with 5 defenders (5-3-2 or 5-4-1 would be most appropriate).
Spending 270 k of your starting 300 for a coach leaves you with 30k cash plus a spending limit of 200k plus about 100k if you sell all your other players with a skill above passable.

That much money will allow you to buy one solid defender plus four passable defenders and train them for a level. It’s hard to get a good deal with buying the right solid defender at the right price so you’d better try buying a cheap solid defender. You don’t want to go in the competitive trainees market and since you’re only going to train the guys one level you want them reasonably young but not very young.

A good filtering criteria would be:
Defending: no less than solid, no more than solid.
Maximum price: no higher than 100,000, you should get one for 60-80k after several tries. High passing skill is always a bonus, try to get weak or more but don’t over pay for that.

Then buy 4 passable ones below 20k each. Try to go for high passing.

The results of this short term training:
In about 9 weeks you will have 2 excellent defenders valued at 350k each (net of sale fees) plus 5 solid defenders valued at 80k each (net), a solid playmaker with passable defending, another passable defender and the old guy which may be passable or not.

Selling the first 7 brings you 750 k, which is enough for a solid or excellent keeper. Train keeping for a week and you’ll have van Rooij passable as well. You can sell him and use the proceeds with all the other money you have to buy another young solid keeper or you can just use him as second keeper trainee for another level. But you need to sell him then, he’s to old to get efficient training.

Remember to sell as they pop, there's no reason to train half a level, you won't get extra money for that.

That's a little too much coaching but I can't abstain, you got too good of a team not to take full advantage.

yndy
16-08-2004, 19:13
That post took 25 minutes to get through, I'm going home now.

ProPain
16-08-2004, 19:48
That are some nice young defenders and a solid forward + inadequate keeper as a bonus. Very nice. I'd say start a defensive training programm and you're in business. Dont need to elaborate on that as Yndy did that already.

You've got very lucky that your good stats landed on good capabilities (mainly defending) and on fairly young players to boost that. That means you also have some fairly good players and a few totally crap players. Best you can get. fire the extreme bad ones and you're in business.

Shabbaman
16-08-2004, 19:57
quote:Wieger Snel 1

Bizarre name.

Hĺkon
19-08-2004, 14:11
A tip: I think offensive central defenders will be very useful in the future (increases midfield while keeping a reasonable defense - Norway won the WC final with two midfielders as offensive CDs, for example) so try to get one or two players with decent playmaking skill (inad or passable) too. Pure defenders will go down in price as HT change the rules towards more players with secondary skills.

Plux
22-08-2004, 10:45
Thnx for the tips guys (esp. Yndy [goodjob])! I just fiddled around with my team. Let's see how it goes these next matches..

Plux
22-08-2004, 22:01
Just won my match with 0-4 :D

Plux
02-09-2004, 20:25
Question: do you get a notice when players increase in skill, or do you have to see for yourself?

Hĺkon
02-09-2004, 20:52
quote:Originally posted by Plux

Question: do you get a notice when players increase in skill, or do you have to see for yourself?

You have to see for yourself - unless you get a help program such as Hattrick Buddy, Hattrick Assistant Manager or HattrickPoli (two first are shareware or going to be shareware, Poli is free again I think...). Just google them if you want links.

ProPain
03-09-2004, 00:16
I, and several other CDZérs, use hattrick organiser. I like it very much and it's free too! It's well maintained with updates every 2 weeks or so.

Plux
16-09-2004, 17:47
I've downloaded HO, but can you tell me how I can easily see if a player has increased in skill? Do I get notified after downloading new data or do I have to compare to the last data?

ProPain
17-09-2004, 00:13
in the first screen 'Player Squad' you have the data window in the lower right corner. If you load the game data on friday and compare to data before friday (just press on an old date) then arrows will indicate changes in skills, form and experience.