PDA

View Full Version : Match results day 8, season 23

Bootstoots
16-08-2004, 03:21
quote:
11616 spectators had come to The Yellow Boot this cloudy day. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Brown - Fernández, Knott, Haas - Pilar, Mahmoud, Righetti, Villar, Visan - Tomlin, Burney.

Brandon had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Durazo - Weathers, Leavitt, Flanagan, Hyman - Cuevas, Mayorga, Ludwig, Wolfe - Castaneda, Tidwell.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 10:th minute goal by Theodore Burney for Yellow, putting them ahead 1 - 0. Gonzalo Fernández received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 22nd minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Serban Visan squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 22nd minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Theodore Burney squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 24:th minute, asserting the lead to 3 - 0. An indirect free kick in the visitor´s penalty area in the 31st minute could have resulted in another goal, but Raimundo Durazo got a hand out and tipped the ball over the bar. Halftime score was 3 - 0. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 80 percent, dominated the battle.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 75 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Yellow. However, Raimundo Durazo made a spectacular save. Bill Weathers of Brandon received a yellow card in the 76:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 4 - 0. Theodore Burney finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. By then Theodore Burney was a three time scorer - a hat trick! After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. In the 76:th minute Yellow´s Billie Tomlin tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. The referee showed Brandons John Leavitt the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Billie Tomlin should probably have put his team up another goal in the 81st minute, but some great goaltending by Raimundo Durazo kept the visitors in the game. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 84 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Yellow. However, Raimundo Durazo made a spectacular save. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 84 percent possession rate.

Yellow´s best player was David Brown. Serban Visan was a disappointment, however. Brandon´s best player was Jack Cuevas. Roy Flanagan on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0. I was hoping for a better score (my opponents are a terrible team) but I guess I can't complain too much about a 4-0 win. I am a bit disappointed with the worst attendance I've gotten in some time, but the second place team against the seventh place one where the latter has scored a grand total of 0 goals this season (it's credited with two from a previous inactive team) with overcast skies isn't very conducive to crowd attendance I'm afraid. ;)

yndy
16-08-2004, 05:01
quote:29892 spectators had come to Delle Alpi this cloudy day. Kog tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Schreuder - Lazăr, Andrade, Novello, Tjäderborg - Burlacu, Tătărus, Allegra, Martínez - Wickskog, Duro.

Sticla tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. The following players had been chosen: Gruia - Rădulescu, Spiridon, Er#337;ss - Lucescu, Kiskapusi, Gheorghe, Pahontu - Bos, Ĺhltorp, Bojin.

Sticla seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Sticla took the lead in the games 7:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Florin Spiridon was the scorer. Dani Tătărus behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 17:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Mario Allegra made a superb strike at the goal in the 25:th minute with a long shot coming in from straight in front of the goal, but one of the visitors defenders got a foot in and warded it off to a corner. A swift counterattack by Sticla resulted in a free kick that Olivér Er#337;ss elegantly twisted into the goal - 0 - 2! The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Sticla held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

Dan Pahontu came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Edwin Schreuder, hitting the bar. Adelin Lazăr of Kog received a yellow card in the 65:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Sticlas Florin Spiridon got himself booked after a foul. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Sticla, with an impressive 60 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Kog player was without a doubt Giacomo Novello. Niclas Wickskog on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Sticla player was without a doubt Nik Bos. Dan Pahontu was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 2.

A very good result for me, compensating the loss in the previous game. Still the group is very disputed and I can't say if I'm going to finish on 2nd or 6th at the end of the season.

Shabbaman
16-08-2004, 08:54
I won 1-4.

Kemal
16-08-2004, 11:02
[dance]

quote:4348 spectators arrived at Arke stadion, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Twente had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Girwar - Bokhorst, Wielsma, Schenke, Nieuwenhuizen - van Knol, Turkstra, van Harsselaar, van Summeren - Beekman, Lagrouw.

Snaken tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. They fielded: van Bergen - Seldenrijk, Poorter, Meesen, Geerste - van der Heijden, den Boer, van der Hall, van Dijken - Thybaut, Boekweg.

Twentes Julius Turkstra gave, after 3 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. In the games 8:th minute the visitors levelled to 1 - 1 as Oscar Boekweg struck home on a bar rebound, following a shot from the right. Twentes Antoine Beekman gave, after 25 minutes, the home team a 2 - 1 lead after an attack coming in from the right. In the 34:th minute Twentes Andor Schenke received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Olivier den Boer unexpectedly struck an inside out ball from no angle at all, and Oscar Boekweg forwarded it into goal for 2 - 2 Twente tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 2. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

65 minutes into the game Gelwin van der Heijden had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Sijmen Buringa. Perez van Dijken gave the visitors the lead in the 73rd minute with 2 - 3. The goal was scored from the penalty spot after a handball call in the penalty area. Julius Turkstra wasn´t fit enough for a full game made several mistakes out of sheer tiredness. One of them was exploited by Rieuwert van der Hall who squeezed in 2-4. Snaken increased the lead to 2 - 5 as Perez van Dijken scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Snaken will have to do without Oscar Boekweg for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by Co Bardoul. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Twente player was without a doubt Zwi Wielsma. Ingemar Girwar on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Wilm Meesen. Kazim Geerste on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 5.

A vital match in the battle against relegation, my team now finally hands the red lantern to another player, as the gap to the safe no6 spot (occupied by FC Twente) is brought back to only 4 points. With 3 inactive players in the League, who knows what is possible still. Very bad to lose star player Oscar Boekweg to a 4 week injury though :(. But, since I'll be very active on the transfer market now, following Yndy's advise, I'll be fielding some different players next week anyway, I suppose.

Players and manager are really looking forward to the CDZ-cup fixture scheduled against Wageningen now, and are hoping to get a result from the game. :)

Plux
16-08-2004, 11:21
Since thursday or friday, I have a team now too. The Dom Ducks lost 0-6 this weekend [:P], as I didn't have any time to have a look at the system yet :).