PDA

View Full Version : PBEM 1.15 save into 1.22

Stapel
10-08-2004, 09:51
Since I am annoyed by dual installs (I simply do not want that), I was wondering:

Is there any way to load a 1.15 PBEM save into 1.22? Maybe with some editting, done by a neutral person?

I can live with small disadvantages

anarres
10-08-2004, 10:35
If it loads in to 1.22 then you win, otherwise you lose. No way to edit the file as far as I know...

Stapel
10-08-2004, 11:09
So, there is a chance it will work? this may sound stupid, but I din't even bother to try yet.

anarres
10-08-2004, 11:11
Umm, yeah. Try it. :)

My games have all worked, but many people report problems. Bear in mind that once opened and saved in 1.22 you can't ever load again in 1.15.

Stapel
10-08-2004, 11:28
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Umm, yeah. Try it. :)

My games have all worked, but many people report problems. Bear in mind that once opened and saved in 1.22 you can't ever load again in 1.15.

Well, that is the purpose, isn't it? Well, at least, part of it. While waiting for a save, I usually play a sologame, and guess what: before you notice, you do load your opponent's sneaky invasion plans.

Socrates
10-08-2004, 11:34
Stapel, I've already tried to load our game in 1.22 and it failed. So that's why I'm currently giving priority to our game, so that after it's over, I'll only have 1.22 games to play. :) Playing a game fast doesn't mean playing it quickly and badly : you all know I'm slow to send the save. ;)

To my other opponents : I'll be playing more turns once my game with Stapel is over, which won't be long, given the pace of our game. This is all due to the annoying task of exiting from 1.15 and opening 1.22 each time a save comes into my mail box.

Lt. Killer M
10-08-2004, 12:03
be careful!

I had one game that run fine for a while, then suddenly gave crashes, then load errors!

Stapel
10-08-2004, 12:22
Krys,

I don't remember exactly what we tried.

Point is, that you take over 30 minutes to play a turn. this way our PBEM is blocking other games. Not too much of a problem, if the turns would come in sooner. Rigth now, I really feel I need to start more PBEMs.
I really enjoy ours, and don't want to give it up or start another. This one shall be finished!

Socrates
10-08-2004, 12:43
I was reluctant to having a dual install, but eventually agreed on having it. The only problem is that I have to switch versions, which isn't that long, but is annoying to do. Once our game is over, I'll just have to delete the "Conquests 115" folder, and that'll be it.

I'm playing like I enjoy doing, but I'd feel annoyed to change my playstyle because Firaxis can't do a better job. [blush]

Please don't hesitate to start more 1.22 games ! That's what I did last month, and those games have moved quite well so far.

Grille
12-08-2004, 01:59
2 games started from a 1.15 biq (load scenario) worked like a charm for me in 1.22, at least if loading into 1.22 was done first by player1.
4 1.15-games with map setup selected directly from MP start screen did not work. I get a ton of error messages until loading aborts.