View Full Version : Match results day 6, season 23

ProPain
02-08-2004, 00:35
quote:View game: HT Live
Date: 01-08-2004 at 20:30
MatchID: 22024857
Arena: PP SV Arena
Crowd: 10410

The crowd of 10410 turning up at PP SV Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Pietrek - Kamperman, Boote, van Zeeland - Johnston, van Harsselaar, Schulte, Daemen, Kiilerich - Drent, Beugels.

Racers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Soesbergen - Marijnissen, Eriksson, Tran - Smelt, Nettesheim, Naisi, Florijn, Fraza - Hennen, Petronia.

Racers saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. After a fine move down the middle Pascal Schulte nearly gave the home side one up in the 17:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 18:th minute goal by Sjors Drent for PP, putting them ahead 1 - 0. In the 23rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Pascal Schulte dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for PP. The structure of the game started to change as PP decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Racers fought on and, in the 28:th minute Stef Hennen was able to reply with 2 - 1 after some excellent moves on the right side finished off by an incredibly clever chip. After an industrious effort down the middle Sjors Drent could have closed the game off in the 32nd minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. Halftime score was 2 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by PP, with an impressive 62 percent possession of the ball.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 52 minutes might have resulted in another goal for PP. However, Evert Soesbergen made a spectacular save. In the games 57:th minute, Iwan Daemen could have extended the lead, but his very hard free kick went just over the bar. With 75 minutes played Sjors Drent could have brought this one home for PP, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. Evert Soesbergen was caught napping a bit later as Iwan Daemen lifted a ball over him after a free kick, but the ball hit the bar, rebounding into the keepers arms. With 89 minutes played Pascal Schulte could have brought this one home for PP, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. The referee showed PPs Mike Kamperman the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. PP held the ball, with a clear 66 percent possession rate.

PP´s best player was Rolf Beugels. However, Roman Pietrek made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Racers player was without a doubt Marijn Nettesheim. Arjan Florijn on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

Match against the no.2 in my league. Although my possession rate is much better I'm not pleased with the score. Two walk-overs ahead and then the return against Red Racers. So I'll PIC twice and MOTS again, also my topscorer will be back for the return. Shoudl I win the return the championship and promotion are close.

yndy
02-08-2004, 08:04
quote:Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 11530 at Vega 2003 Arena today. Vega tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Gamdzyk - Pasãre, van Rijnsoever, Pitu - Grabher, Lipan, Bánó, Taylor, Matei - Sedholt, Knowles.

Sticla started off with a 4-3-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Abolafio Martíne - Barbu, Spiridon, Er#337;ss, Rãdulescu - Kiskapusi, Turcu, Gheorghe - Bos, Mårtensson, Åhltorp.

It was an obvious ambition of Vega to attack on the flanks. Sticla clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. A tad of inexperience caused Delbert Taylor to make a difficult dribble close to dangerous opponent Miklós Kiskapusi who took the opportunity and scored, making it 0-1. Vega´s Edwin Knowles made an attempt at equalising in the 7:th minute, coming in from the right, but the ball hit the post, the defense clearing the rebound. Due to some great work on the right wing Vega:s Atanase Matei was able to even the score in the 14:th minute to 1 - 1. Vega tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Vega tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Sticla was great at switching from defense to attack, and in the 30:th minute, Stefan Turcu swept through in the middle after such a counter attack, making 1 - 2. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Vega´s Edwin Knowles was able to shove the ball in. 2-2. Björn Sedholt was very close to giving Vega the lead with an ingenious free kick routine in the 35:th, the ball just grazing the bar. 2 - 2 was the half-time score. Vega held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

Björn Sedholt´s speed was made justice as he darted past his marker and struck an opening pass to Edwin Knowles who scored the 3-2 goal. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Edwin Knowles squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 64:th minute, asserting the lead to 4 - 2. This third goal made a hat trick for Edwin Knowles. By now Vega were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Sticla´s Stefan Turcu left the field after 73 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Torben Roland Olsen. Vega held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Vega player was without a doubt Tinel Lipan. Edwin Knowles on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Sticla player was without a doubt Nik Bos. Torben Roland Olsen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 2.
My first league defeat in division V. It has been a very nice run so far, better than in my most optimist calculations. But now I was defeated by a team which I rated worst than mine and also had 1.5 stars less than me.

Melifluous
02-08-2004, 14:10
Fantastic result for me. I forgot to set my team for this weekend and slaughtered him ;)

Now puts me in 2nd place (by Goal Difference from 2 others 3rd and 4th) Top team is already 6 points clear of me. Damnit, lose a match ya bastid...

quote:9810 spectators arrived at Meli's Manglers Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Paiva - Bryan, Spreadbury, Greenwood - Quigley-Parks, Hornabrook, Turner, Davis, Hautala - Carroll, Taylor.

Chimps had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Chapman - McCarthy, Osborne, Egan, Pearson - Pandey, Wardle, Eliopoulos, Scanlan - MacCubbin, Gunvant.

The counterattack by Chimps resulted in a free kick that Cris Chapman bended under the crossbar - 0 - 1! With a shot floated in from just outside the penalty area in the 33rd minute, Stephen Taylor of Manglers evened the score to 1 - 1. Manglers took the lead by 2 - 1 after a penalty in the 35:th minute. David Spreadbury scored from the penalty spot. A great save by goaltender Cris Chapman in the 38:th minute kept the visitors in the game as Stephen Taylor struck from the left with a real cannonball. The referee showed Chimpss Eddie McCarthy the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 40:th minute Manglers put themselves up 3 - 1. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Ian Turner coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. Halftime score was 3 - 1. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 86 percent possession rate.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Manglers´s Stephen Taylor putting the lead up to 4 - 1. In the 59:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Stephen Taylor dashed through, knocking home 5 - 1 for Manglers. By then Stephen Taylor was a three time scorer - a hat trick! By now Manglers were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Manglers put their lead ahead another goal as Andy Quigley-Parks struck home the 6 - 1 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. One of many good passes from Andy Quigley-Parks at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Roddy Carroll, scoring for Manglers to 7 - 1. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Manglers lead up with 8 - 1. Stephen Taylor finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. The referee showed Chimpss Grant Scanlan the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Manglers´s Roddy Carroll putting the lead up to 9 - 1. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 94 percent possession rate.

Manglers´s best player was Alan Hornabrook. Walsh Greenwood was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Chimps player was without a doubt Cris Chapman. However, Eddie McCarthy made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 9 - 1.

Swingue
02-08-2004, 15:47
Not so good result for me, lost 2-1 tot the top team, while he had 0,5 stars less and a lousy midfield.

quote:

View game: HT Live
Date: 01-08-2004 at 21:00
MatchID: 22007443
Arena: De Reservebelgen Arena
Crowd: 7000

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 7000 at De Reservebelgen Arena today. Reservebelgen had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Karstensson - Brusse, van de Horst, Bouvy, Machielse - van Driel, Schreuder, Hasselner, Matsson - van den Heuvel, Hammerstein.

SwingStars had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Rasing - de Greef, Haagsman, Klarenbeek - Verhoef, Kuiper, Allach, Knoester, Arkesteijn - van de Garde, Postuma.

Reservebelgen saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. SwingStars clearly preferred attacks in the middle. SwingStars had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 11th minute when Noël Postuma came up alone against Björn Karstensson who managed a block. Joep Knoester of SwingStars received a yellow card in the 14:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Albert van de Horst gave his Reservebelgen the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. The visitors Noël Postuma came close to levelling the score in the 31th minute with a free kick going just wide of the left top corner. Halftime score was 1 - 0. SwingStars held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

Ruud-Jan van de Garde came close to levelling the score in the 69:th minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post. Ruud-Jan van de Garde´s speed was made justice as he darted past his marker and struck an opening pass to Noël Postuma who scored the 1-1 goal. A free kick aimed at the keepers far post almost gave SwingStars the lead in the 70:th minute, but the ball just wasn´t able to squirm it´s way through the defensive wall. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Reservebelgen´s Albert van de Horst got himself booked. SwingStars had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Björn Karstensson saved Noël Postuma´s shot headed for the top corner. In the 87:th minute the home side were awarded a penalty. The visitors protested wildly but the referee was adamant. Robert-Jan van Driel easily put the 2 - 1 goal away for Reservebelgen. 87 minutes into the game Quincy Allach had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Bram Veraar. SwingStars held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Reservebelgen player was without a doubt Björn Karstensson. Aron van den Heuvel on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SwingStars player was without a doubt Casper Kuiper. However, Dario Rasing made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 2 - 1.

Now I am nr. 2 in my league, better on goals than numbers 3 and 4. I want to stay in this league anyway but I want to end up 2nd.

Bootstoots
03-08-2004, 20:11
quote:
Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 30000 to The Yellow Boot. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Kalkun - Hawkins, Fernández, Haas - Talley, Chavez Gutierrez, Borgstedt, Salparanta, Brunner - Tomlin, Burney.

Sabers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Conroy - Clarke, de Vidania, Heller - Shorter, Wilson, Farmakopodis, Wray, Epps - Al-Ibrahim, Caruso.

Sabers clearly preferred attacks in the middle. An opportunity to take the lead in the 21st minute was passed by as Sabers´s Luke Shorter missed a penalty, firing wide of the mark. In a rapid move, Anan Al-Ibrahim of Sabers lost his man, passed the ball to the unmarked Philip Caruso who easily hit it home for the 0-1 goal. Johnny Hawkins of Yellow received a yellow card in the 27:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Cornelio Chavez Gutierrez made a superb strike at the goal in the 30:th minute with a long shot coming in from straight in front of the goal, but one of the visitors defenders got a foot in and warded it off to a corner. Yellow´s Maurice Talley made a successful breakthrough attempt in the game´s 35:th minute and should have levelled the score, but clipped it over the bar. 0 - 1 was the half-time score. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 59 percent, dominated the battle.

Gonzalo Fernández got left behind when Sabers´s Anan Al-Ibrahim made a sudden pull forward in the 46:th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 0-2! A well placed freekick brought the home crowd new hope. Maurice Talley reduced the away teams lead to 1 - 2. After a scuffle in the guest´s penalty area the home team were awarded a 51st minute penalty. Maurice Talley equalised to 2 - 2. The referee showed Saberss Anan Al-Ibrahim the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Yellows Billie Tomlin gave, after 79 minutes, the home team a 3 - 2 lead after an attack coming in from the right. A header from Donny Heller connected with a corner kick after 81 minutes, and the ball ended up with José de Vidania of Sabers who shot the 3-3 goal. Yellows Gonzalo Fernández gave, after 84 minutes, the home team a 4 - 3 lead after an attack coming in from the right. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 73 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Toomas Kalkun. Floyd Brunner on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Sabers player was Jayson Wilson. Donny Heller was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 3.
This was an important match, and I defeated the top team in my series on an MOTS. There is now a three-way tie pointwise in my series for the top. The team I just beat is still at the top, I'm in second with two goals less, and the third-place team is one goal behind me. All the other teams are inactive. It's going to be an interesting fight for the top during the rest of the season.

Swingue
04-08-2004, 21:44
30000 people, jezus

Bootstoots
05-08-2004, 18:00
Yeah, it was my third sellout so far after my stadium expansion. It pulls in just under $200,000 per sellout. Yndy has a 42,000 seat arena, and has gotten over 40k attendance at least once.

Schip
05-08-2004, 21:21
hmm. I wish my 28K stadium would sell out sometime. A well, better times ahead I imagine.

Shabbaman
06-08-2004, 11:30
I wish I had the money to upgrade my stadium. Without selling or buying players, I'm playing even.

yndy
06-08-2004, 15:46
quote:Originally posted by Bootstoots

Yeah, it was my third sellout so far after my stadium expansion. It pulls in just under $200,000 per sellout. Yndy has a 42,000 seat arena, and has gotten over 40k attendance at least once.

40,688 two weeks ago, I made over $250,000 and $200,000 profit that week. I hope I'll get that kind of attendance as often as possible. On the other hand, if I don't get 10,000, I don't cover my expenses for the week.

Swingue
06-08-2004, 16:02
He Indy, are you in for a international game, I need to boost my experience and with your audiences the income must be good as well.