PDA

View Full Version : Match results season 23, day 3

ProPain
11-07-2004, 23:37
quote:At PP SV Arena, 7597 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Pietrek - de Moll, Boote, van Zeeland - Johnston, van Harsselaar, Schulte, Daemen, Benetis - Beugels, Niezing.

boeren tactics involved an interesting incomprehensible 2-4-4 combination. The following players had been chosen: Balkema - Schoonderbeek, Heerschop - van het Wiel, Doornbos, Geraedts, Klinkhamer - Al-Sharif, van Roessel, van Culemborg, de Gruyter.

The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 2nd by a breakthrough from Toon Niezing, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. In the 7:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Toon Niezing dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for PP. Iwan Daemen increased PPs lead to 3 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. Lars van Harsselaar was the first to reach the corner kick, but his header was saved by the keeper. However, PP´s Kelvin de Moll managed to get hold of the rebound and scored the 4-0 goal. 33 minutes into the fray Brunis Benetis popped up from nowhere, stole the ball and scored. After this PP lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put PP lead up with 6 - 0. Lars van Harsselaar finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. With 34 minutes played Kelvin de Moll could have brought this one home for PP, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. The teams went for a half-time break at 6 - 0. PP held the ball, with a clear 76 percent possession rate.

PP put their lead ahead another goal as Toon Niezing struck home the 7 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. By then Toon Niezing was a three time scorer - a hat trick! PP put their lead ahead another goal as Allard Boote struck home the 8 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. boeren appeared unsure on how to play and their organisation was only inadequate. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put PP lead up with 9 - 0. Rolf Beugels finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. In the game's 75:th minute boeren´s Frans van Culemborg limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. Toon Niezing increased PPs lead to 10 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. PP held the ball, with a clear 86 percent possession rate.

PP´s best player was Rolf Beugels. Kelvin de Moll was a disappointment, however. The most dominating boeren player was without a doubt Gysbert Balkema. Peter Heerschop on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 10 - 0.

Obviously I'm extremely happy with this 10-0 victory although my opponent is an idiot who plays 2-4-4 (and has been playing that for some weeks). Toon Niezing is now also topscorer for my league with 8 goals.

Bootstoots
12-07-2004, 06:32
quote:
A scorching day at La Bombonera, where 7200 spectators were in place for today´s match. Tricampeon had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Dowdy - Mooney, Michaels, Kline - Colombo, Unger, Fitch, Sheehan - Parker, Leary, Wolf.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Kalkun - Fernández, Knott, Haas - Talley, Borgstedt, Alden, Leu, Brunner - Lara, Burney.

Yellow were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks. In the 6:th minute Clint Parker almost put the home team one ahead on a cross pass coming in from the right, but the shot went wide. Theodore Burney came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 10:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Warren Dowdy managed to tip the ball to a corner. Yellows Rubén Lara got himself booked after a foul. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 28:th minute allowed John Alden to score 0 - 1 for Yellow. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

Warren Dowdy kept the home side in the game with a magnificient save, as Maurice Talley delivered an almost perfect free kick to the far cross bar. In the 51st minute Yellow put themselves up 0 - 2 after an attack from the right, caused by a defensive blunder. Scorer was Theodore Burney. It wasn´t a good day at all for Gonzalo Fernández. His powerful style of play didn´t fit the bill this warm day. In the games 70:th minute Theodore Burney nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. In the 71st minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 3 as Jonas Borgstedt finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. In the games 73rd minute Yellow´s Jonas Borgstedt fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Jonas Borgstedt for taking a dive. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 81 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Tricampeon player was without a doubt Franklin Wolf. Terrance Fitch on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Toomas Kalkun. John Alden on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 3.
Not quite the margin I was hoping for (I defeated them 8-0 early last season), but I can't complain too much about a 3-0 win away from home with no injuries or red cards. My next match is my first challenging one of the season, against a team that has a midfield about as good as mine but low attack ratings. I'm looking forward to it!