PDA

View Full Version : Player didnt play but increased a skill level

ProPain
09-07-2004, 20:05
Very, very weird. I have a player that didnt play at all last week, in fact he hasnt played for a month but he gained a wing level anyway!

Even stranger : The last time he played a wing or wingback position was the 17th of march 2004, almost 4 months ago!

How on earth can he receive training for winging this week???

I did hire a better trainer and an extra assistent, but afaik that shouldnt matter for players who didnt play at all.

Shabbaman
09-07-2004, 21:20
Ah...

Well, last season my trainer got an increase in playmaking, go figure. Every player gets training, but it's just very little. The players who played on the "proper positions" get far more training.

ProPain
09-07-2004, 22:41
I looked into it some more and with the very easy compare option of HO I've found some more cases. Weird though as the rules say only players who actually play get training. The example that's in the rules section basically says :
- played position according to training : lot of training
- played other position : a bit of training
- didnt play : no training

So apparently the example is wrong :)

@Shabba : trainer getting +1 in PM, ROFL

yndy
10-07-2004, 04:34
PP to tell you the truth, I didn't recently read the manual about that topic but I know that what is called 'residual trainig' takes place whether you play the player or not.

I bought a reserve forward trainee one season ago, gave him three training sessions and then benched him for 13 weeks. He increased after exactly one season and I made a small profit selling him.

Residual training gives something like 0.5% to 1% of a skill level to a player every week, so you can use that but it's not going to get you far.