PDA

View Full Version : Removing some excess files from PTW

digger760
08-04-2003, 17:04
Ok maybe some people here have done this already.

I have installed the game on a pc at work, but the disk space is almost used up. Civ3 and PTW take up 1.1 gig of space. The lab guys have said it might have to be uninstalled [:o].

So far i have managed to remove PTW extras and scenario folders. They took up about 200MB. I managed to load a turn and played it fine.

Any suggestions as to other stuff that can be deleted.

anarres
08-04-2003, 17:06
Yeah, uninstall it and reinstall with the 'minimum' option!

You can get most of it to go away, but you will have a slower game due to the CD loading all the time. Remember to turn off music too as this will all be stored on the CD...

digger760
08-04-2003, 17:11
oh, forgot to mention that i would like to do it with the no-cd hack as well. Call me fussy.[ponder]

anarres
08-04-2003, 18:05
The no-cd patch will only allow you to play with 1.21f, you will still need the CD for files if you choose the 'minimum' install option.

If you *insist* on not having the CD in the drive you could try deleting ( = moving for later ;)) the movie files and see if it still runs ok. I won't promise no crashes though when it tries to play a movie!

digger760
09-04-2003, 11:06
I am running a no cd patch for version 1.14. I will move stuff out bit by bit and report my results here, incase anybody is interested in the future.