PDA

View Full Version : great no-AI PBEM - poll #4 - SGL's

Socrates
07-07-2004, 12:25
Please vote in the poll order !

Scientific great leaders are funny elements in C3C, but may be looked as things which belong to extreme randomness and can sometimes break a game (in terms of balance). We can't have some input from DDPP players, so let's think by ourselves. It seems that there is a little tweak to do to implement SGL's in edited games, so maybe Aggie has an opinion about it too (but please don't vote !). All in all, I'm not a die-hard of them, I don't know if having 1 or 2 in the game can break the game. I'd rather have them of course, since I'm scientific (!), so I vote : yes, have them if possible (no bug once the map is made). But that's the feature I feel the less concerned with, regarding all the polls.

Kemal
07-07-2004, 12:31
I'm ok with having them in the game, could make you a prime target if you get one early on.

Arghis
07-07-2004, 14:13
it's ok for me. a bit of randomness add a certain flavour.

anarres
07-07-2004, 22:17
Fine to have them with me, although we need to remember that if you generate the game in the 1.22 editor they are automatically disabled. To get them in 1.22 you generate a game in 1.15 and then load it in 1.22.

Socrates
07-07-2004, 22:58
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Fine to have them with me, although we need to remember that if you generate the game in the 1.22 editor they are automatically disabled. To get them in 1.22 you generate a game in 1.15 and then load it in 1.22.

Alright, noted. I assume Aggie can go through such a process easily. Aggie, please post here to say if you can indeed easily do that.

Aggie
08-07-2004, 07:10
Naturally!

Socrates
12-07-2004, 12:12
It looks like someone hasn't voted here yet, but the outcome is clear : we'll have scientific great leaders in our game. Up to Aggie to make sure they work.