PDA

View Full Version : great no-AI PBEM - poll #3 - SoZ and KT

Socrates
07-07-2004, 12:19
Please vote in the poll order !

Do you want the Statue of Zeus and the Knights Templar to be in the game ? They can add some intense action, and are funny C3C features. I'd like them to be in. Then there is the ivory requirement for the SoZ ; all in all, I think it will complicate things for Aggie if ivory is required, unless everyone has some ivory (not good for trading). I vote : have them, but no ivory requirement.

Kemal
07-07-2004, 12:30
Voted to remove them, since IMO they (or actually only the SoZ) are too unbalancing for such multihuman games.

Arghis
07-07-2004, 14:12
i imagine a map with 4 ivory spots, at rather equal distance from 2 civ each time. So it offers some copetition.

Also, earlier, you were talking of ganging agaisnt Vikings. Well, that's the same for Staue of Zeus and Knight Templar owner. It forces alliances and change the political situation.

Of course that implies that some of us could be easily destroyed, if things goes wrong. i'll take the risk.

If one takes the time to build such wonders, it implies that others take time to build something else. Of course, if you don't build strong defence, and you direct neighbor build Ancient cav, the situation could become embarrassing.

At last, a balanced game (or by extension, a situation) doesn't mean we all have the same tools, but that we have the same potential (i hope i'm clear)

Banzai
07-07-2004, 14:43
I agree with Kemal about removing SoZ. I have no problems with Knights Templar.

akots
07-07-2004, 17:46
Voted to leave the wonders in the game. They are fun. If it becomes unbalancing, we'll balance it back! :)

anarres
07-07-2004, 22:17
I voted to have them in, but if the draw is tied I will abstain.

akots
07-07-2004, 23:29
It is a tie. We need the 8th vote.

Aggie
08-07-2004, 07:07
Who is the 8th vote? Right now is see 4 votes for SoZ and 3 against them. I could make sure that all have a similar chance of getting ivory. I will never give one tribe more chances on getting it than another. That you don't have to fear.

EDIT: There's a majority for Zeus and KT. I will enable it and allow allow equal chances...

Socrates
12-07-2004, 12:10
Grrr, you don't want such wonders to be there, do you ? [}:)] As in poll #1, "no SoZ nor KT" wins, but I don't mind having them with ivory requirement (I chose that option so as to make sure those wonders wouldn't be of a problem, and I'm surprised no one else chose it as well). Discussions can still take place, as in poll #1.

EDIT : Aggie seems to wonder about the outcome here. It looks like some players aren't bothered by the KT, but by the SoZ. From my PoV, the SoZ is the same as the KT, except it needs ivory, that's why I voted "no ivory requirement". Now, I can of course go with those who want them with ivory. What do anti-SoZ think ?

Socrates
13-07-2004, 17:11
No one interested anymore ? In many elections or votes, there is always a 2nd round, usually between the best 2 options. We won't do any here anyway. But seeing the votes, I could of course now vote "yes, like in the Epic game", so that'd make a tie (4-4). Aggie has already said that it's easy for him to put 1 ivory for each civ. Of course I'm OK with the idea, and we're on our way to put the SoZ and the KT in the game, but I don't want to sound dictatorial at all. If anyone strongly disagrees by tonight, please speak up !! Otherwise there are as many folks for those wonders (and even more for the KT) as folks who don't want them.

Please note these are the last hours to decide on the settings. I know some of you have enough of debates, but please also note that once it starts, the game will stay with its settings for months or years. I want everyone to clearly understand this is a long-term "project".

Same goes for the game level : Deity wins, but akots might really want it to be on Demi-God after all, which we could do to please most people (since some players have never played on Deity, even if there is no AI).

anarres
13-07-2004, 17:15
quote:Originally posted by anarres

I voted to have them in, but if the draw is tied I will abstain.
I thought I already said that I would abstain if the draw was tied, so I guess the vote is to not have them in. ;)

Socrates
14-07-2004, 10:57
OK people, the SoZ and the KT will be removed from the game, as requested. I don't think it would unbalance the game to have them in, but the majority wins. [goodjob] Therefore, Mathematics and Chivalry are less interesting techs in this game (but still of some value of course).