PDA

View Full Version : Trainer question

ProPain
03-07-2004, 18:07
A new trainer has been long overdue and now I have the money I'm gonna get one. I'm wondering however what's the influence of trainer characteristics (defensive, offensive, neutral) is.

Platypus guide says defensive seems to be best and with my not so good defensive I have had good ratings while having a defensive coach. So I'm inclined to buy a defensive one, but I'm curious to hear other peoples experiences in this matter.

yndy
05-07-2004, 13:24
First I hope you want to buy a solid coach (probably with poor leadership). Everything else will mean loosing money over the long term.

The answer to your question depends on what you are currently training and your position comparing to the other teams in your series.
- If you can get the midfield, buy an offensive coach and score more goals;
- If you’re fighting for relegation, buy a defensive coach and get more draws;
- If you have the best attack in the series (like I have in mine) don’t bother to buy an offensive coach;
- If your defense is better than anyone’s attack, buy a defensive coach and play counter-attack;
- If your attack is lower than everyone’s defenses, buy an offensive coach and get to score more goals.

If none of this is true for you, then you probably should need to get a balanced coach or study your series more ;)

Edit: Seeing in the other thread that you plan to win the series, I’d advise you to buy a defensive coach because you’ll need in the next division. Or alternatively buy an offensive one and make sure you go to the next division.

ProPain
07-07-2004, 00:45
I cant afford a solid coach, but I need a new one as my current one is weak. Passable will do nicely though: I'll train a new level every 7 weeks instead of 10 (+1 assistent coach extra needed) Effectively that means I can train 2 levels per season. Even if this coach only sticks around for 2 seasons I've gained an extra level on 4 taineee, which will easily make up for the money.

Thanks for the great advise! I'm gonna go with defensive as I have a fairly good attack, (at least better than the rest in my league) and a fairly rotten defense which has performed well in spite of it's lack of skill with the current defensive coach. Also I think a defensive coach might prove usefull after promotion like you pointed out.

I also did some extra studies of my series and it made me happy:
- out of 8 teams, only 4 are really playing. The other 4 rarely log in.
- from the 3 remaining teams
--- 1 should be easy to beat.
--- 1 is an good team but I should be able to win from them anyway
--- 1 is extremely close but I won my first match against them as they fielded only 10 players

My two toughest competitors played each other last week and drew. Even better for me.