PDA

View Full Version : kryszcztov v Beam - Map Made (Banzai)

Socrates
29-06-2004, 23:45
Thanks to the future mapmaker !

C3C 1.22
kryszcztov : Byzantines
Beam : English
level : Demi-God
map : standard size, 2 pelago regions seperated by a big ocean (one human in each region), each pelago region having 3 AIs and 1 human seperated by coastal or sea tiles
starting area : the same please, quite rich, and if we could have a fair starting island in size, and some more smaller islands around, here and there...
disable SGL's and SoZ please

The rest up to the map maker, find a balance between seafearing and non-seafearing civs.

Aggie
30-06-2004, 07:20
Stickied. I will not be able to do anything today but mentally prepare for a football match. Tomorrow I have to catch up and play a few SG's. Friday is my traditional tour pool Friday (predicting the riders that will make an impact, which normally takes us all day). Saturday I have to recover from it and watch the Tour. Sunday the Dutch probably ( ;) ) play the final.... In short: I'd like it if someone else takes it.

Socrates
01-07-2004, 00:13
What are you doing on Sunday ? I can't recall... :D Anyway, don't feel forced to do anything, Aggie. If you do the map fot the great no-AI game, it's already very very nice ! Who draws maps these days, apart from you ?

Banzai
01-07-2004, 09:14
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Who draws maps these days ?

I do if you both want me to [cool]
Who want to go first?
How about barbarians?
What do you consider a fair starting island in size? room for 5 cities? 10? 15?

Socrates
01-07-2004, 14:09
Well, if you have the skills to make such a wonderful map, then I'm OK with you ! ;) I don't really mind being 1st or 2nd, up to Beam !! :D There should be some barbarians, with some camps by the seaside, but I think normal barbarians setting is fine. As for the starting island, it should be at least a 1st core of cities (so that's like 5 to 10), maybe a bit more, but don't feel forced to put our capital in the middle, and keep some surprises in this area for us ! :) We tell you the main lines, add your personal touch for details...

Banzai
01-07-2004, 14:49
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

and keep some surprises in this area for us !

[viking]Don't worry.. I've got something in mind... [evil]

Banzai
02-07-2004, 09:18
I never realised creating maps like this can be so much fun..

Beam, Krys, please PM me your passwords.
You can expect the map to be finished tomorrow.

You wanted a rich starting island? well.. you got it.. but like Johan Cruijff used to say: "Every advantage has its disadvantage" (elk voordeel heb zijn nadeel).. [tongue]

:D

Banzai!

Aggie
02-07-2004, 10:32
Johan Cruijff is an optimistic guy, so he said just the opposite. Every disadvantage has its advantage. [:p]

Banzai
02-07-2004, 10:51
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Johan Cruijff is an optimistic guy, so he said just the opposite. Every disadvantage has its advantage. [:p]

Ooops.. [blush2]
But that doesn't fit the context!

If you read this Johan.. I'm sorry ;)

Banzai
02-07-2004, 23:45
Game time!!

It is Krys to go first!
As you requested a rich start both your treasuries are increased by 10 percent!

You already know your password.
If the admin password is needed, contact me or Anarres.

Have fun and remember: Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good!

Banzai!

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Krys_Beam_3950_BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/banzai/200472234339_Krys_Beam_3950_BC.SAV)
77.25KB

Socrates
03-07-2004, 00:06
quote:Originally posted by Banzai

As you requested a rich start both your treasuries are increased by 10 percent!
One dollar ? Well, how much can I get from that after 6,000 years if I put it on my bank account ?

quote:Have fun and remember: Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good!
You lurk the RBCiv part of the Internet too much, my friend... Or is a universal sentence ?? [blush]

Thanks a lot, mate. I call you asap if I encounter any problem.

Banzai
03-07-2004, 09:03
Sjees.. I give you guys a bonus and all you can say is "One dollar ?".. I'm hurt! [cry]
[tongue]

I joined the RBCiv community short after they started the Epics, and I've played several epics with them.
I knew those guys even before that from the LurkerLounge community (Diablo II)
So yeah.. you can say I lurk too much..

I think you'll know the reason for this aphorism soon enough..[evil]

Banzai!

Socrates
20-07-2004, 23:50
I was wondering if you tweaked the volcanoes in this game, Banzai ?? Maybe not, but it looks like they behave strangely... Or maybe I'm completely wrong. Did you touch anything related to volcanoes in the editor, and if so, could you tell us what it is ?

Beam
21-07-2004, 00:35
Got a 2nd eruption Krys? Let it happen and don't play with dynamite! [tongue]

Banzai
21-07-2004, 08:12
You want me to spoil all surprises? [cry]

I'm not sure if I only thought about changing the eruption time or actually did it.. I'll check the biq when I get back home!

Banzai!

Banzai
21-07-2004, 19:29
Good new guys!
I've found the biq! ;)

Even better news!
I've changed the maximum eruption period of volcanos from 5000 to 4000!
This means they produce less lava while active.. right? :D

C ya,
Banzai!

Socrates
21-07-2004, 19:32
Don't know, I'm not sure how volcanoes work in the game. If you decreased the maximum eruption time from 5,000 years to 4,000 years, this means they will erupt more ? But then will the eruptions be stronger or weaker ?