PDA

View Full Version : New game wanted - LOOKING FOR OPPONENT

Arghis
24-06-2004, 15:46
Hello all

i'm currently playing 2 games, one with MoffJerrod and another with Irigy (which seem to have disapeared ?).

i'd like to begin a new game. the last one, with LtKiller doesn't really start, because of some savegame problem, so i have freetime.

i can play 1.15 or 1.22. also i can send more than one turn a day.

So is there someone ready for a conquest ?

Arghis

N.b. : because of some prob with my isp, i was unable to connect during a good time. now everything is ok.

anarres
24-06-2004, 15:55
What difficulty level are you thinking of playing?

akots
24-06-2004, 19:05
I might be interested as well.

Lt. Killer M
25-06-2004, 10:19
arghis, maybe we can try again?

I'll ask for a new map, if you want!

Arghis
25-06-2004, 10:53
For the level, i prefer emperor

@Akots : ok, what do you want to play. i'd like a map with more than 6 IA, not pangea

@LtKiller : yes, i send you a mail before posting here. you can ask for the map, for me on the same basis as the last one (modify anything you want and let's begin asap, we've already loose too much time)

Lt. Killer M
25-06-2004, 12:17
bien sure, arghis.
didn't get the mail yet, can't check that one from here, btw :(

akots
25-06-2004, 17:08
quote:Originally posted by Arghis

For the level, i prefer emperor
@Akots : ok, what do you want to play. i'd like a map with more than 6 IA, not pangea ...

Demi-God and continents would be fine with me. It is not much different from the Emperor. Just AI gets 2 settlers from the start. Otherwise they are so easy to kill...

I'll leave everything to you to decide about the map. May be leave everything on random. It can be standard with 6 AI and 2 humans on different continents. I'd like to play as China (preference 1) or Germany (preference 2).

Arghis
25-06-2004, 18:36
@Ltkiller
ok, i wait until you tell me we began (you take the first turn ! ?)

@Akots
ok for demi-god. i make the map request this evening. China, no prob. Continents Random map, ok. I take Persia. we play 1.22 ?

akots
25-06-2004, 20:06
Sounds good. 1.22 is OK with me.

Lt. Killer M
26-06-2004, 01:39
Arghis, it is indeed a good idea to let me go first - that way, if the problem happens again, it does not waste your time!

Arghis
26-06-2004, 09:57
i'm beginning a (standard) demigod game (solo) just to see what differences it makes, and i found i have only 1 wine and 1 horse in my vicinity. the first iron is on the border of my neighbor. also, i have no rivers. the IA are trading very fast (but not with me), and already have 2 times more town than me.

i better understand that this level implies being some kind of calculator - optimisator demi-god. but i don't see where is the fun in the following process : spearmen-spearmen-settler-spearmen-spearmen-spearmen-settler-spearmen- ...

Arghis
29-06-2004, 01:07
LT Killer ?? youhoou ...

has the problem occured another time

[ponder]

Lt. Killer M
29-06-2004, 08:48
Argihs, hey, got back Saturday but also got a bad bout of hayfever - somehow it feels my brain is still over Russia, only halfway here [lol]

OK, the problem HAS occured with another map before, there, someone took the bic and re-started the game - and all was well.

I'll ask someone later today on MSN if we can get a new map quickly.